Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Go sea hawk

sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
Hearing Jimmy Graham is mad and seeking Revenge tonite

Comments

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    More exciting watching a 5-5 team than the dawgs, unpopular opinion but whatever, fuck off.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

More exciting watching a 5-5 team than the dawgs, unpopular opinion but whatever, fuck off.

This is true.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

The 2 catches for 26 yards he will have tonight will stick it to the 12s.

Close.

1 for 15.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I'm into the Hawks this year. I find them compelling
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    They are a super fun team to watch. Maddening at times, exhilarating at others.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

That's what having expectations for a team will do to you.

I'm into the Hawks this year. I find them compelling
    They are ahead of schedule. To put together a competent defense after removing Bennett, Avril, Chancellor, Sherman, Richardson, Earl now and getting almost nothing from Wright is nothing short of remarkable. The young guys on offense are fun to watch too. It suddenly feels like a team that has a future, which is not what I expected this year.
    The last two drafts seem to have reversed the disastrous trend there as well:

2017 wasn't a great class but the 7th round saved it and it's a clear step up from previous years.

3 - Griffin. Good not great.
    3 - Jones. Solid contributor before this year, looked better last night than the rest of this season.
    4 - Thompson. Still have my doubts about this guy but he's made some plays this year.
    7 - Moore. Steal.
    7 - Carson. Ditto.

2018 looks like the best class they've drafted since 2012.

1 - Penny. Hated the pick. Still hate the pick. Way too high for an RB. But he at least looks like has some real talent.
    3 - Green. Looked great in preseason, has been banged up. Huge sack last night.
    4 - Dissily. Heal up soon. Monster.
    5 - Griffin 2.0. Have a feeling he'll add weight and be a real force in the next couple years.
    5 - Flowers. Competent starter at a new position as a rookie. Looks like the #1 corner of the future.
    5 - Dickson. Traded up to take a punter and somehow someway he's actually worth it.
    6 - Jones. Was allegedly getting a real shot to start before he got hurt. Might be a quality guy going forward.
    6 - Martin. Has been very good. If he was the third rounder and Green the sixth rounder you'd be happy with both picks. Along with Flowers the major surprise of this class.
    7 - McGough. Flashed in preseason, probably never gonna be anything but who knows. PS guy.

Dissily, Dickson and Flowers look like future Probe Owl guys and this list is littered with strong contributors top to bottom. If Jones turns into something this class could look great. Too bad they wasted the first round pick but at least it means they won't burn a top pick on a RB this year...right?

Oh and Ifedi becoming competent along with Reed becoming a pass rusher makes the 2016 class look a lot less disastrous than once thought. So that's two solid classes (16 and 17) followed by a great class (18).

The team is young, hungry and has a chip on its shoulder. Should have tons of cap room going forward to one would imagine. Most fun Hawks team to root for since at least 2014.

I can't believe they rebuilt so quickly. Makes you wonder why they didn't do it sooner.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If only we fired Cable 4 years ago. Watching a competent OL (despite the false starts last night) has been a revelation. I'm still not sold on Schottenheimer but I have to admit thus far he's been an upgrade over Bevell. The improved OL probably has more to do with that though.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

The last two drafts seem to have reversed the disastrous trend there as well:

2017 wasn't a great class but the 7th round saved it and it's a clear step up from previous years.

3 - Griffin. Good not great.
    3 - Jones. Solid contributor before this year, looked better last night than the rest of this season.
    4 - Thompson. Still have my doubts about this guy but he's made some plays this year.
    7 - Moore. Steal.
    7 - Carson. Ditto.

2018 looks like the best class they've drafted since 2012.

1 - Penny. Hated the pick. Still hate the pick. Way too high for an RB. But he at least looks like has some real talent.
    3 - Green. Looked great in preseason, has been banged up. Huge sack last night.
    4 - Dissily. Heal up soon. Monster.
    5 - Griffin 2.0. Have a feeling he'll add weight and be a real force in the next couple years.
    5 - Flowers. Competent starter at a new position as a rookie. Looks like the #1 corner of the future.
    5 - Dickson. Traded up to take a punter and somehow someway he's actually worth it.
    6 - Jones. Was allegedly getting a real shot to start before he got hurt. Might be a quality guy going forward.
    6 - Martin. Has been very good. If he was the third rounder and Green the sixth rounder you'd be happy with both picks. Along with Flowers the major surprise of this class.
    7 - McGough. Flashed in preseason, probably never gonna be anything but who knows. PS guy.

Dissily, Dickson and Flowers look like future Probe Owl guys and this list is littered with strong contributors top to bottom. If Jones turns into something this class could look great. Too bad they wasted the first round pick but at least it means they won't burn a top pick on a RB this year...right?

Oh and Ifedi becoming competent along with Reed becoming a pass rusher makes the 2016 class look a lot less disastrous than once thought. So that's two solid classes (16 and 17) followed by a great class (18).

The team is young, hungry and has a chip on its shoulder. Should have tons of cap room going forward to one would imagine. Most fun Hawks team to root for since at least 2014.

I can't believe they rebuilt so quickly. Makes you wonder why they didn't do it sooner.

Disagree on Griffin 2.0. Good story, but not having a hand is a huge hinderance. Nobody plays well with a club on their hand. That’s essentially what he has to do.

It sure would have been nice to have not wasted all those picks to chase another title that wasn’t going to happen.