Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Root for a Beaver win to force Helfrich out this year?

At this point in the season we know we're going to a shitty bowl game. Mark Helfrich has lost control and the respect of the team. He has allowed a great program to slip to the point that we've been humiliated on the national stage not once but twice; 2 games that weren't even close, that we didn't even show up to play in. BCS bowls are out of the question and talking heads openly state Oregon is regressing. Should we, like the husky fans in here did when they played them, hope that the Beavers win the civil bore and completely humiliate us in order to force a drastic change on very short notice? I'm worried a commanding win and a win in a crap bowl over a decent opponent will buy Helfrich another year to guide the program on a course of further steep decline. I wonder if the people in charge have the nuts to cut our losses while we still can before even more permanent damage is done. We don't have the luxury of a USC to bide our time and rise again.

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He needs time to get his own guys in .
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Us Helfrich haters just need to get some perspective
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Helfrich didn't throw a single block or make a single tackle in the Arizona loss. At some point you have to count on the players.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I was thinking about this today. Slingblade isn't a fucking champion, I doubt he's even a winner. I want him the fuck out of Eugene before he really fucks us.

Being in a shitty location makes a good hire almost impossible if you let the wheels fall off.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Helfrichs doing it the right way.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Helfrich didn't throw a single block or make a single tackle in the Arizona loss. At some point you have to count on the players.

His coaching should have inspired, at the very least, a few more good blocks and tackles.

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

His coaching should have inspired, at the very least, a few more good blocks and tackles.

Anybody with half a brain can post on the internet.