Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

State of the program from an ESPN writer

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Kind of damning: http://kcpelton.wordpress.com/2013/11/25/the-husky-hoops-rut/

Also in 'no shit' territory: Hakiim Stewart left the program

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    this team missed opportunities years ago, and they're suffering from it. Recruiting has also dropped off big time. I said last year I'd give romar one more year, if this continues I can't imagine him coming back. This program has declined since pool boy got here and completely neglected it
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey you give a guy a 10 yr contract when he's already getting later in his career and I imagine it gets very easy to coast.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mobey said:

Hey you give a guy a 10 yr contract when he's already getting later in his career and I imagine it gets very easy to coast.

Agreed.

Just an absolutely terrible decision.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think this Romar team is better than last years by a little bit but with the injuries it is awful. Can't get defensive rebounds and can't really defend period.

I will say though I still have more optimism watching this team than last year. This recruiting class could turn out to be one of Romars better ones. It might not matter though with how shit his recruiting has been prior years and even this year so far.

Romar needs to go for UW to be serious about basketball but that won't happen because of how shit the program has been before Romar got there. With Sark I feel like if people are loud enough that it could help persuade getting him out of there. Whereas with Romar I feel like it would be a complete waste of time so I don't even bother being too vocal about him.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Romar is Romar, that will never change. However, I am enjoying watching this year's team much more than the past two years. I love NWG and Darin Johnson and think they could be the best backcourt in the conference in two years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    All you guys who like this team better than the last ones obviously hate defense. And rebounding.

I like NWG and DJ (I like to call him DJ) and MIke Anderson a lot too. But this team really sucks. Aziz hid a lot of deficiencies.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

All you guys who like this team better than the last ones obviously hate defense. And rebounding.

I like NWG and DJ (I like to call him DJ) and MIke Anderson a lot too. But this team really sucks. Aziz hid a lot of deficiencies.

No arguments there. I just prefer to watch young players with potential struggle rather than players like Gaddy, Suggs, Gant, etc. That doesn't mean I enjoy this team. I think this team will be much better by the end of the year. Last year's team sucked and the year before they really underachieved.