Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Duckfighter Illustrated: The War is Over Special Edition

Hardcore_HuskyHardcore_Husky Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 302 Swaye's Wigwam
edited November 2013 in Tug Tavern

imageDuckfighter Illustrated: The War is Over Special Edition

An epic rout over the lowly Oregon State Beavers has brought an end to the war for the soul of Husky Football, writes Race Bannon in this dirge of an edition of Duckfighter Illustrated.

Read the full story here

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Doog nation is flying their flag REEL HI this week.....
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    This just in... Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Not your best effort.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,932

you have lost a step. too much indulgence in the fisting has made you soft(er).

go back to fagman where the collective IQ puts you in the top quartile. here you are just out of your league.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Now that the War is over, will Race go home and get a job at the Drug Store? Will Oregon pay to re-train him? Does he get VA benefits? So many unanswered questions.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

go back to fagman where the collective IQ puts you in the top quartile. here you are just out of your league.
    You're giving chippy too much credit.

• RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Solid effort - B+ from Harry...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Is nobody else noticing that Hundley has a shitty OL? He was pressured almost every play. Me thinks that like Price, he would play much better and make better decisions if he had a better OL. He's a good QB.
  • Is nobody else noticing that Hundley has a shitty OL? He was pressured almost every play. Me thinks that like Price, he would play much better and make better decisions if he had a better OL. He's a good QB.

Ehh...Hundley is too quick to put his head down and try to run with it. Against good teams that doesn't really work. Happened a few times late in the game against ASU that led to drive killing sacks. That's probably on both Hundley and the coaches. Until he gets better at that he's just an above average QB.
    edited November 2013
    Okay, so he is above average. The fact is, UCLA got dominated up front by ASU. Hundley made kept a lot of plays alive with his feet, but I do agree about him taking some costly sacks. Of course, the pick 6 was bad as well. Hundley had some ups and downs, but he also made some great plays in that game.

There's some irony in blaming Hundley for the loss when the kicker misses 2 FG's, the defense lets ASU march down the field and score in 30 seconds to end the first half, but the QB gets the blame. Sounds like another group of fans that we often mock.
  • I am gonna throw some blame on Hundley at the end. Although they played terrible they were still given two possessions to win the game, and Hundley was dreadful on each.

Call me a broog.

I am gonna throw some blame on Hundley at the end. Although they played terrible they were still given two possessions to win the game, and Hundley was dreadful on each.

Call me a broog.

The sack by Young to push the FG from a chip shot to a 40 yarder was inexcusable and all on Hundley. The last drive wasn't really his fault, although he did miss that deep ball to a WR that had a step. On the last drive, there were like 2 or 3 holding penalties in a row.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,932

Now that the War is over, will Race go home and get a job at the Drug Store? Will Oregon pay to re-train him? Does he get VA benefits? So many unanswered questions.

go back to fagman where the collective IQ puts you at the 50th percentile. here you are just out of your league.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754
    edited November 2013
    I would rather be forced to wear Sark's beanie and go bar hopping on Capital Hill than finish reading this.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,355 Founders Club

I would rather be forced to wear Sark's beanie and go bar hopping on Capital Hill than finish reading this.

"Forced". Good one