Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump backs Pelosi

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,893
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Hurts Nan IMO

2. How is the Speaker of the House elected?
Article I, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution states, "The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers."

Although the Constitution does not require the Speaker to be a Member of the House, all Speakers have been Members.

When a Congress convenes for the first time, each major party conference or caucus nominates a candidate for Speaker. Members customarily elect the Speaker by roll call vote. A Member usually votes for the candidate from his or her own party conference or caucus but can vote for anyone, whether that person has been nominated or not.

To be elected, a candidate must receive an absolute majority of the votes cast—which may be less than a majority of the full House because of vacancies, absentee Members, or Members who vote "present." If no candidate receives the majority of votes, the roll call is repeated until a majority is reached and the Speaker is elected.

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The refrain around Casa del Golve is: "Anyone but Nancy, time for some new blood."

IDRGAF, but if Trumperton is calling for Nancy, it's probably a good idea for the Dems to go another direction.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hurts Nan IMO

Article I, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution states, "The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers."

Although the Constitution does not require the Speaker to be a Member of the House, all Speakers have been Members.

When a Congress convenes for the first time, each major party conference or caucus nominates a candidate for Speaker. Members customarily elect the Speaker by roll call vote. A Member usually votes for the candidate from his or her own party conference or caucus but can vote for anyone, whether that person has been nominated or not.

To be elected, a candidate must receive an absolute majority of the votes cast—which may be less than a majority of the full House because of vacancies, absentee Members, or Members who vote "present." If no candidate receives the majority of votes, the roll call is repeated until a majority is reached and the Speaker is elected.

BETO
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’d like to see her as speaker and Waters and Schiff by her side constantly. Then spend the next two years on investigations and impeachment proceedings. That’s a winner IMO.

And Trump promised the Senate will match any investigation so we get both houses spending two years investigating shit instead of fucking up more legislation

I think you're on to something here
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

I’d like to see her as speaker and Waters and Schiff by her side constantly. Then spend the next two years on investigations and impeachment proceedings. That’s a winner IMO.

So much this. The Clinton assist in 1994 and Barry assist in 2010 could pale in comparison.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,149
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2018
    Classic troll job by Trump. Please let Pelosi be the face of the democrats!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I may be a fag but even my gay eyes can see this is correct.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

If you look closely, Pelossi has a decent set of cans ... especially for an old broad.

I'd probably ....

@PurpleThrobber ??? @Swaye ??? What say you???

How bout sober?

Drunk af on the rez and no better options?

Remember, you can hate and hit the same person.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,149
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

If you look closely, Pelossi has a decent set of cans ... especially for an old broad.

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

You're mentally unstable!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It would be yuuuuge for the GOP if she retains her position as speaker.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

Oh the irony.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,068
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

I'd smash that 40 year younger version. She had some top shelf huge tits back in the day. Total hate fuck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    40 years ago I would have been her pool boy in Marin County tapping all the talent out there
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

This would be your response if you were to see those "cans."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUlaPpKiBEg
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

BearsWiin said:

Hurts Nan IMO

BETO
    I'm hearing he lost despite outspending a serial killer 2 to 1
    I'm hearing that Texas is Texas
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,007
    edited November 2018

Swaye said:

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

It's always been the Throbber's philosophy to hit celebrities - regardless of age or looks. That's just being consistent. I mean, she's fucking 78 years old, so there's gonna be some mileage on that face. But I'm guessing back in the late 60's and early 70's, she was into some freaky shit.

I'm also gonna agree that she's got a nice set of yabos. Probably have sagged a bit over the years - but still you can tell she's got some tits. Most Italian broads do.

That said (and Jake Browning still sucks), it would have to be a hate fuck.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

I'd probably ....

How bout sober?

LOL. Good one bobsled