Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Companies will invest in employees with the tax cuts

2»

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

No one loves hurting businesses like the dems

Putting stupid regulations in place that hardly affect major corporations but jam up small and medium businesses is all they do.

Pandering to their shitty poor base by screwing over local businesses in the name of "stopping corporate malprwctice' is the move

Yet after 21 months we have slower job growth than before.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, fun fact of the day. Employment grew more the last 21 months of Obama than the first 21 months of Trump.

It is the first time Berkshire has bought back stock since 2012. The decision, announced in a quarterly filing Saturday, illustrates the scarcity of attractively priced projects and deals that can satiate yield-hungry investors and firms more than nine years into a bull market.

A legendary value investor best known for striking deals when prices are low, Mr. Buffett has struggled to find large investments that aren’t overvalued. Berkshire hasn’t made a major acquisition since it bought Precision Castparts Corp. for about $32 billion in 2016.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-repurchases-more-than-900-million-of-stock-1541248428

It's Trump's fault Warren didn't buy low/sell high?!?!

Also seems to me that a stock buyback is good for the shareholders and raises the value of their shares instead of the company sitting on a boatload of cash.
    You are completely missing the boat on the point of the thread. As is every other conservative here.

On tax cuts, Republicans said: will increase job as companies will use the money to invest in businesses and employ people.

Democrats said: businesses are already flush with cash. All they will do is buy back stock, which enriches the wealthy and does very little for the middle class.

Guess who was right?

Not to mention that job growth is slower the last 21 months than the last 21 months of Obama. What does that fact mean?
    That we've come close to reaching full employment? Which we never did under Obama.
    Look at labor participation (hint I posted it above). Still historical lows. A fact conservatives mentioned for years under Obama. Yet now ignore.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,418 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Also, fun fact of the day. Employment grew more the last 21 months of Obama than the first 21 months of Trump.

It is the first time Berkshire has bought back stock since 2012. The decision, announced in a quarterly filing Saturday, illustrates the scarcity of attractively priced projects and deals that can satiate yield-hungry investors and firms more than nine years into a bull market.

A legendary value investor best known for striking deals when prices are low, Mr. Buffett has struggled to find large investments that aren’t overvalued. Berkshire hasn’t made a major acquisition since it bought Precision Castparts Corp. for about $32 billion in 2016.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/warren-buffetts-berkshire-hathaway-repurchases-more-than-900-million-of-stock-1541248428

It's Trump's fault Warren didn't buy low/sell high?!?!

Also seems to me that a stock buyback is good for the shareholders and raises the value of their shares instead of the company sitting on a boatload of cash.
    You are completely missing the boat on the point of the thread. As is every other conservative here.

On tax cuts, Republicans said: will increase job as companies will use the money to invest in businesses and employ people.

Democrats said: businesses are already flush with cash. All they will do is buy back stock, which enriches the wealthy and does very little for the middle class.

Guess who was right?

Not to mention that job growth is slower the last 21 months than the last 21 months of Obama. What does that fact mean?
    That we've come close to reaching full employment? Which we never did under Obama.
    Look at labor participation (hint I posted it above). Still historical lows. A fact conservatives mentioned for years under Obama. Yet now ignore.
    Dipshit, I responded directly to that, look at the demographics, our overall rate should be falling as our population ages, instead the loss of prime age workers is being offset by the fact that more of them are now working than they did historically. Do I need to link it for you again?
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953
    The labor participation rate isn't at a historical low Hondo, liar or moron?

Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States increased to 62.90 percent in October from 62.70 percent in September of 2018. Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States averaged 62.99 percent from 1950 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 67.30 percent in January of 2000 and a record low of 58.10 percent in December of 1954.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    2001400ex said:

Thank you, hondo for pointing out the Democrats are either too stupid to tie their own shoes, bald face liars and/or a combo of both.

I knew you'd come back with relevant facts.
    Did your Mom make a video when they let you “score the touchdown?”
    SFGbob said:

The labor participation rate isn't at a historical low Hondo, liar or moron?

Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States increased to 62.90 percent in October from 62.70 percent in September of 2018. Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States averaged 62.99 percent from 1950 until 2018, reaching an all time high of 67.30 percent in January of 2000 and a record low of 58.10 percent in December of 1954.

Oh so you were lying the last 8 years screaming about labor participation rates. Got it.

Not to mention anything about the shift in employment in the 70s with more dual income families.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    well, did she?
    I've never said shit about the labor participation rate here you lying piece of crap. The point was you claimed that the labor participation rate is at an historical low today, you lied Kunt.
    SFGbob said:

I've never said shit about the labor participation rate here you lying piece of crap. The point was you claimed that the labor participation rate is at an historical low today, you lied Kunt.

I bet if the woodshed were open. (Sorry for your 75k post loss). I'm positive we'd find plenty of zero hedge links and screaming about labor participation.
    And how would that refute your lie that the labor participating rate is at a historical low today Hondo? You're such a dishonest dipshit.

For that sake of argument lets say I did talk about it. That still doesn't turn your fucking lie into the truth Hondo. The labor participation rate isn't at a historical low. You fucking lied. This is why it's such a fucking joke when you accuse anyone else of lying.
    I laugh at how you call people disingenuous.
    I laugh at your phony OUTRAGE over people lying when you lie all the fucking time Hondo.