Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Status of Fire Sark

http://www.firecoachsark.com/washingtons-69-27-win-over-oregon-st/

Its counter-intuitive but here is how the blowout win could help our cause. It should open up the eyes of some doogs and raise expectations going forward. The worst result would have been a close win. Cover against WSU and you are looking at 5 blowout wins in conference. Currently we are +9 ppg in conference. We haven't even been positive since 2000. The blowout wins put more pressure on Sark because they show what this team is capable of yet expose Sark when they fail miserably in the tougher games and show inconsistency. There is some similarity to 2003 but Gilby was completely fucking hapless and worse than Tyrone.

That game should be an inflection point for Sark, the media, the doogs and the program at large. They should beat WSU by 10+ and beat BYU in the bowl game and then remain in the top 20 through next season. (Though I think they'll lose to BYU).

The fire Sark movement is not going away. A loss this week would be disastrous for Sark. A loss in the bowl game would be less disastrous but still heat up his seat. Basically, any loss in the next 8 games will ramp up the pressure.

My worry is I think Sark will win enough to keep his job yet remain in mediocre territory according to outside perceptions of the program. That means 8-5 this year and 9-4 in the regular season next year.

Comments

• Doogs won't see logic after all year telling us that W-L doesn't matter they'll be here to beat their chest over 8-5 or 9-4.

They won't have expectations next year because "how can you expect to win with a sophomore QB even though James won a national title with a sophomore QB".
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Doogs like to take the stance of this game was everything coming together and turning a corner. In reality, it was a good performance against a team that has given up. I will give Sark credit for having the team fired up to play, but nothing has changed. If anything, this win should piss everyone off because it shows we should have had a much better season, and the reason we did not was coaching.
  • Doogs like to take the stance of this game was everything coming together and turning a corner. In reality, it was a good performance against a team that has given up. I will give Sark credit for having the team fired up to play, but nothing has changed. If anything, this win should piss everyone off because it shows we should have had a much better season, and the reason we did not was coaching.

ASU is looking to be better than we gave them credit for. However there is absolutely no reason this team should have been boat raced at home to an Oregon team heading to the Holiday Bowl.

The Stanford game was just a good hard fought game that we should have won. Had Sark stressed special teams and not playing stupid(penalties) UW wins that one.

To me his worst coaching was UCLA. When UCLA loses next week they'll be 8-4 and 5-4 in conference. They really aren't that good and are actually young. UW was the better team and should have won that fucking game.

If UW wins out to go 9-4 we'll be talking about a hypothetical 11-2. So Sark will be 20-6 hypothetically last two years is what Doogs will say. I wish I was being sarkastic but I'm not Doogs are that pathetic.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Wins and losses don't matter ... so say the Doogs.

Biggest takeaways from the Oregon State game to me are 1) the identity of this team ALWAYS works better when Sark is 81% committed to running downhill and 2) that there was more than enough talent on this team to be better than 5-4 (allegedly) in the conference.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    ASU is a good team, but the manner in which we lost was pathetic. If Sark wasn't a moron, we could have gone into halftime losing 15-7. Every series after our first drive was a 3 and out with multiple incomplete passes. Not one time did Sark run the ball on back to back downs.
  • Had to respond to some of this Drew guys fucktarded Doog talking points.

He's not original at all and is almost like a whooosh since he's such a stereotypical Doog.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Oregon was a top 5 team when we played them. They obviously decided to pack it in after losing to Stanford.

The Stanford and UCLA games were very winnable.

If we finish out 9-4, the metrics will have us in the top 15 which means we probably underachieved by 1 win.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Oregon was a top 5 team when we played them. They obviously decided to pack it in after losing to Stanford.

If we finish out 9-4, the metrics will have us in the top 15 which means we probably underachieved by 1 win.

What's crazy was in the preseason some CFB website posted on twitter that we're a 10-3 team with a -1 coach giving us a 9-4 record. I think it's in one of the threads about softy getting called out on his bullshit
  • dhdawg said:

What's crazy was in the preseason some CFB website posted on twitter that we're a 10-3 team with a -1 coach giving us a 9-4 record. I think it's in one of the threads about softy getting called out on his bullshit
    It's college football matrix. Sark has been a consistent -1 coach every single year he has coached at UW.

I show his link to Doogs and their response is always "Well what do you expect? He's a Duck fan just trying to make Sark look bad" even though it's all statistical data.

http://cfbmatrix.com/portfolio/2013-coach-effect/gallery/13-rankings/

http://cfbmatrix.com/pac12-2013-total-wins-matrix/

http://cfbmatrix.com/portfolio/washington-huskies-2013/

It's one of my favorite links because it always proves us right that Sark is an underachiever.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991

Had to respond to some of this Drew guys fucktarded Doog talking points.

He's not original at all and is almost like a whooosh since he's such a stereotypical Doog.

Please try to add something to the thread, instead of restating your predictable drool.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Peter ... You clearly have the largest half brain since Real Rhino.

As the founder of firetoddturner.com, I appreciate the work you are putting into firecoachsark.com, I know it is a full time job. And your optimism is second to none.

I just see Saturday's game as a complete rout of the fire Sark movement.

Half brains get that Sark is in over his head ... doogs just see 0-12 and it takes time to rebuild and Don James never had to face a ranked Oregon State and Oregon has Phil Knight, and Stanford can recruit anyone they want nationally because they are a prestigious school, and Wolff left the cupboard completely stocked for Leach, and Dennis Erickson left Graham all sorts of talent, and Rich Rod is the greatest coach since Tom Landry, and we are lucky to just be able to get someone from the coaching tree of SC and we need all the other schools to decline ... blah blah blah

This win does nothing ... nothing ... but steel the doogs into the fact Sark is the right guy.

Where I find solace (when I can't drink vodka) is Sark clearly felt pressure. He curb stomped OSU and didn't let up.

Hopefully, Woody manned up and put the fear of Jesus in Sark ... he knows he has a gravy train and it is time to man up.

For us ... it is another year in misery waiting for the annual three game skid with a royal ass kicking in the desert.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    I think its time to focus on the conference record - 5-4 for the fourth straight year is not really improvement.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

I think its time to focus on the conference record - 5-4 for the fourth straight year is not really improvement.

That assuming Leach doesn't nail Sark's booty with his pulsing Pirate. Even I agree what I just wrote really sucked balls. Fuck off.