Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Prediction for Tonight

MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
I throw a bottle through my TV when they show us in American Flag W helmets

Oh wait...game's on Pac12 Networks so I won't see it.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    double shitpost.....cmon buddy you got more in you
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    I predict a whole lotta unsold wasted food and drink in #TheZone
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club

double shitpost.....cmon buddy you got more in you

Pete screwed the pooch and people are surly
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 603
    We are going to run tempo (surprise!) in the first 3-4 series of the game -- we'll even have an encouraging first drive that will end at about the Stanford 35 on a missed 4th down conversion (Browning sack / intentional grounding)

Stanford will then rumble down the field in about 8 minutes alternatively pushing over our thin front 7, and throwing to their massive receivers. Half Brains will go apoplectic when Lake flips the bird to the TSIO podcast and deploys Myles Bryant against Arcega-Whiteside in the red zone, who catches the TD to cap off the drive (possibly leading to the destruction of another one of DDY's TVs).

Our next 2-3 series, still in hurry-up, will involve 2 3-and-outs (run-run-pass, followed by pass-pass-pass) taking 30-60 seconds each, and another involving a completely avoidable stupid INT from our "coach on the field" (credit to Stalin) QB. The three ensuing drives by Stanford will eat up about 10-15 minutes in total (and burn one or two of our timeouts to try to rest our defense), and as this is not a completely overwhelming Stanford team and our defense is pretty good, it will result in somewhere between 7 and 13 points.

Now being in the middle of the 2nd quarter, and down somewhere between 14 and 20 points, we go back to our tried and true whatever it is we are trying to do on offense. We go three and out, then get our first stop of the day on Stanford's O, getting the ball back at our own 25 with 2 minutes left to go in the half and go back to hurry up, marching down the field with help of a Ty Jones backshoulder throw and 25 yard Pleasant run to right outside the red zone with 35 seconds left.

Clock is running, and our sideline again looks confused -- 8-10 seconds tick off the clock before they take their last timeout of the half (we sure learned from that mistake against Oregon, derr!) 1st down fade to Jones incomplete, 2nd down Browning running around endlessly before throwing out the back of the end zone. On 3rd down and 8 seconds left, Stanford sends eight and Browning panics, uncorking his first Russell Wilsonesque doubleback in weeks resulting in a 20 yard loss, and the half runs out. (I'd also accept a 3rd down incompletion/near INT followed by a Peyton Henry missed 40-yard FG) The half-capacity crowd boos half-heartedly as Peterman and team head into the tunnel down 14 to 20 points, and Stanford having held the ball for 20+ minutes of the half.

I think we'll see Haener in the 2nd half, but it won't really matter. Stanford's probably good for another 14-17 points as they piledrive our front seven walk-ons and midgets into dust, and though we score one or twice, it will be more in garbage time. Score is something like 31-14 to Stanford.

tl;dr -- Our offense and Browning suck, Stanford is going to hold the ball a lot but not score as much as they probably should, there's going to be a run on bleach after the game, FUCK OFF if this was too long to read
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Someone is getting porked that is all I am saying
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

I predict a whole lotta unsold wasted food and drink in #TheZone

My bet is on Section 116 giving/getting more handjobs than any other in the student section.

But you have to watch out for those sneaky bitches in 114. Smaller but kind of tucked away hidden from parental view.

• DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    This team is not as bad as it seems and stanford is not good this year. Dawgs run the ball effectively in the rain and win easily.