Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What does the mob have on Pete?

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,450
    Ass to scrotum?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793
    Mad_Son said:

His mentality causes us to play down to opponents.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club
    edited November 2018
    UW unlike boobs had managed to build a nice brand rather quickly off of 2016. Last year was somewhat over looked because it ended in the Fiesta (with a loss but still)

So UW was thought to have arrived this year and was over valued compared to the reality of this shit show of a season

Now the sports media will over react with a vengeance and its back to square one. No off season natty or high opening ranking next year

We are the chokers who choke until we don't
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

UW unlike boobs had managed to build a nice brand rather quickly off of 2016. Last year was somewhat over looked because it ended in the Fiesta (with a loss but still)

So UW was thought to have arrived this year and was over valued compared to the reality of this shit show of a season

Now the sports media will over react with a vengeance and its back to square one. No off season natty or high opening ranking next year

We are the chokers who choke until we don't

This is essentially right.

The sports media DNA is coded to overreact. This is how ND was built. Every fucking time they show a glimmer of competence, the media tells a story about them that would have a just-landed Martian believe that the Irish ruled college football for the last 40 years. Same with USC.

The reason, I think, is simple: in the main, they are communicating with an audience that has a limited attention span and thus interest in intricate details of this season vs. that season and what have you, and it's supposed to be entertaining, so cue the drama.

Even when they are pumping teams I like, I SMFH when I see the hype and think, "is this the same team that has caused me to walk to the edge of the rooftop and contemplate the jump?"