Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hugh millen

13»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

Glad you're not dead.
    Being alive has hurt my brand

We expect better quote function use even from people who are back from the dead.

Derek!!!!!!!
  • WhiskeyDawgWhiskeyDawg Member Posts: 406
    I tried surfing on my Satellite Phone but that really sucked
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

Once upon a time I met and talked to most everybody except Softy. In particular at the short lived DM recruiting banquets. Sat next to Hugh and he's a good guy. Really liked Rick too as did Baird. Had lunch with Kim and Ducks Rule (RIP). Did a Corvallis tailgate with Whiskey Dawg (RIP) Fetters, Kim, Fleenor, OrDawg among others.

Now we all hate each other not really but internet hate each other. Sad to see how far Husky nation has fallen

I do enjoy memory lane husky posts. Even if highlights a few legendary doogs.

The best thing about Jim Moore is he doesn't take himself seriously..AT ALL...
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    I know we've moved on from talking about the actual play, but...

Hugh's creed (straight from his mouth) is basically that at all other times, the WR can put faith and family in whichever order they want, then football, but when that ball is in the air, BY GOD there is nothing more important on God's green Earth than making a play on it, either to catch it or knock it down. So that's where he's coming from.

Having said that, he's part right, IMO. Fuller could have busted his ass and saved the INT. But to digress a little here, I played college soccer. Not at an elite level, but enough to where I got paid (scholarship, not coffee cup) to play. So I know what the fuck I'm doing on the field. I still play at a rec level. And I'm a shitty teammate, I guess, because when one of my fucktarded teammates "passes" me the ball 20 feet from where I want it and I can see it's going to lead me straight into a 50/50 ball and a hard tackle that -- even if I win the ball -- I'm not going to be able to do anything useful with, I'll frequently just stand there with a "Who the fuck was THAT bullshit pass for?" look on my face. So I get it.

It was 1st and 10. No reason to throw that ball where the DB could make a play on it. The DB has inside leverage on Fuller and was even with him when the ball was thrown, so the OBVIOUS throw to make was to lead Fuller down the sideline for an easy TD (safety too late to get over unless Browning airpunts it). But we like to grind, not score TDs I guess. Barring the throw down the line, the OBVIOUS choice on 1st and 10 is to throw it out of bounds. In fact, if you asked Fuller what he was thinking on that play, I'd bet the reason he quit on it was because he thought that's what Jake was doing. Because that's what any smart QB would have done.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    RealRhino said:

I know we've moved on from talking about the actual play, but...

Hugh's creed (straight from his mouth) is basically that at all other times, the WR can put faith and family in whichever order they want, then football, but when that ball is in the air, BY GOD there is nothing more important on God's green Earth than making a play on it, either to catch it or knock it down. So that's where he's coming from.

Having said that, he's part right, IMO. Fuller could have busted his ass and saved the INT. But to digress a little here, I played college soccer. Not at an elite level, but enough to where I got paid (scholarship, not coffee cup) to play. So I know what the fuck I'm doing on the field. I still play at a rec level. And I'm a shitty teammate, I guess, because when one of my fucktarded teammates "passes" me the ball 20 feet from where I want it and I can see it's going to lead me straight into a 50/50 ball and a hard tackle that -- even if I win the ball -- I'm not going to be able to do anything useful with, I'll frequently just stand there with a "Who the fuck was THAT bullshit pass for?" look on my face. So I get it.

It was 1st and 10. No reason to throw that ball where the DB could make a play on it. The DB has inside leverage on Fuller and was even with him when the ball was thrown, so the OBVIOUS throw to make was to lead Fuller down the sideline for an easy TD (safety too late to get over unless Browning airpunts it). But we like to grind, not score TDs I guess. Barring the throw down the line, the OBVIOUS choice on 1st and 10 is to throw it out of bounds. In fact, if you asked Fuller what he was thinking on that play, I'd bet the reason he quit on it was because he thought that's what Jake was doing. Because that's what any smart QB would have done.

Flagged for using soccer as an analogy. This is America!!!!!!!!!

Also, now I'm not so sure you're the guy I thought I knew from private practice. That Rhino didn't come across as a guy athletic enough to play soccer in college for a scholly (which implies at least Division II), and that guy went to UW undergrad like me.

Did you get your JD from Boalt? Is this the Rhino from DM?
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
    That pass is still probably getting picked 30% of the time even if Fuller makes a play on it. Best case Fuller gets in good enough position to play some defense and break it up.

It’s insane to blame Fuller for the result of that play. I agree the effort was terrible but the blame still has to fall on Jake.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,603 Standard Supporter

Did someone say Huge Melons?...

C'mon now. Let's be historically accurate here with regards to Huge Melon(s).
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,562 Founders Club

So glad Mitch Levy revealed that Hugh paid for those tits too
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789

Who says money can't buy happiness?

Or at least money can buy a happy ending.

#amiritemitch?
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,911 Swaye's Wigwam

HE HASN’T MOVED!!!!1!!!11!!!
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,576 Founders Club

Hugh was so pissed. Actually heard that one
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,936 Founders Club

You weren't joking about owning a satellite phone. Impressive.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club

Once upon a time I met and talked to most everybody except Softy. In particular at the short lived DM recruiting banquets. Sat next to Hugh and he's a good guy. Really liked Rick too as did Baird. Had lunch with Kim and Ducks Rule (RIP). Did a Corvallis tailgate with Whiskey Dawg (RIP) Fetters, Kim, Fleenor, OrDawg among others.

Now we all hate each other not really but internet hate each other. Sad to see how far Husky nation has fallen

Now these are the Grandpa Race stories that I risk violating my workplace IT policies for.
    Burger King has IT policies??
    jecornel said:

I do enjoy memory lane husky posts. Even if highlights a few legendary doogs.

The best thing about Jim Moore is he doesn't take himself seriously..AT ALL...
    Wait...i just picked this up. I hate it when my two dads fight. The Wednesday night/every other weekend arrangement just doesn't work for the Throbber.