Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The press conference today was amusing
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Tell him less film room might do him good, he is over thinking things at this point
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

"...he will do everything possible to win the game."

Running backwards helps
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam

Browning spent the game by himself until he got benched. When he was going to go back in he made a show of going down the bench and slapping fives with the linemen who seemed remarkably unimpressed by the obvious show boat

4 year starter. You can't be fake and expect to get away with it. After the first series Jake went to the phone and the coach clearly wanted Haener on the line for his second series.

I do think it shocked Jake but several years too late

Ok...I'll bite. Fuck I'm going to regret this....

Which coach do you think wanted Haener in on the phone call? Hamdan? Petersen? From the exchange I saw on the sideline at the time of benching (via tv) CP was PISSED at Browning.

I personally thought Jake was playing pretty well (shitty INT not withstanding)....he was hitting guys right in the hands and they kept dropping the ball. I think the problem is Jake is changing the play at the line too much and now coaches are pissed. (e.g. airmailed the Go route to Jones on the short side of the field on 3rd down...again!)
  • PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,265 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jake Browning lives for moments like this

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,043 Standard Supporter
    HuskyJW said:

Browning spent the game by himself until he got benched. When he was going to go back in he made a show of going down the bench and slapping fives with the linemen who seemed remarkably unimpressed by the obvious show boat

4 year starter. You can't be fake and expect to get away with it. After the first series Jake went to the phone and the coach clearly wanted Haener on the line for his second series.

Which coach do you think wanted Haener in on the phone call? Hamdan? Petersen? From the exchange I saw on the sideline at the time of benching (via tv) CP was PISSED at Browning.

I personally thought Jake was playing pretty well (shitty INT not withstanding)....he was hitting guys right in the hands and they kept dropping the ball. I think the problem is Jake is changing the play at the line too much and now coaches are pissed. (e.g. airmailed the Go route to Jones on the short side of the field on 3rd down...again!)
    I thought the same thing minus Jake playing well. He was not playing well but I think Jake changing the plays on the field and throwing long is the bigger issue which pissed off the coaches.
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,562 Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

I thought the same thing minus Jake playing well. He was not playing well but I think Jake changing the plays on the field and throwing long is the bigger issue which pissed off the coaches.
    I personally Ham-a-danna-ding-dong has been sick of Brownsocks ever since he didnt audible out of the option against Auburn with with a defender daring him to run at him. Then audibles into lower percentage plays like Proposition F(ade) instead of the play originally called.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

The press conference today was amusing

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited October 2018
    I personally think that jake should start preparing the nfl draft. There is no reason for him to risk anything, he needs to work in his game to improve his nfl stock
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Petersen coddled him and helped create a little monster
    I don’t think it’s any deeper than Browning simply isn’t good.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,444 Founders Club

if Pete had benched him much earlier it might have taught him some humility.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Sure.gif

The problem is he didn't have anyone to bench him for.

The failure of this team, of this staff, of this season is that we don't have a better quarterback than Jake Browning. Jake Haener is predictably terrible. The frosh aren't ready. Eason isn't eligible.

Pete addressed the problem last recruiting cycle but by then it was too late.

Browning's an entitled little prick. He's also the best QB we? got.

DOOMED.gif

Sure.gif

The failure of this team, of this staff, of this season is that we don't have a better quarterback than Jake Browning. Jake Haener is predictably terrible. The frosh aren't ready. Eason isn't eligible.

DOOMED.gif
    One horrendous outing from Haener doesn't mean he's suddenly a shit quarterback. He got two series. His ceiling remains much higher than Browning's, even during the final weeks of this season.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Sure.gif

DOOMED.gif
    One horrendous outing from Haener doesn't mean he's suddenly a shit quarterback. He got two series. His ceiling remains much higher than Browning's, even during the final weeks of this season.
    Ultimate ceiling? Maybe. Ceiling this season? Unlikely. I get that everybody loves the backup QB but Haener went out and played exactly like we should expect a QB who nobody wanted with no experience to play. He's highly unlikely to be any good this year. If we? lose another I'd be fine making the switch because the season is completely over at that point, but as long as we control our own destiny in the north we have to play the guy who gives us the best chance to win and that's Browning, shitty as that reality is.

If Haener was the future it would be one thing, but he's not. There's no reason to play him right now.