Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Haven't been on the boreds all day so perhaps this has already been stated

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
This was Gilby plungering Oregon in 2003 with Casey Paus.

Gilby went 1-10 the next year.

#FoolsGold

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Does that make Cooper or Washington, Shelton Sampson?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

Does that make Cooper or Washington, Shelton Sampson?

Cooper

• I'd say this was Gilby's plungering of Oregon State in 2003. I kept thinking that when Doogs were celebrating. I was like Gilby plunger raped Oregon State in their house and they might have even been ranked at the time.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    The sad thing most doogs would notice he parallel but not the end result. "This reminds me of the last time we beat oregon state in their place. This is awesome!" And it stops there.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I'd say this was Gilby's plungering of Oregon State in 2003. I kept thinking that when Doogs were celebrating. I was like Gilby plunger raped Oregon State in their house and they might have even been ranked at the time.

Was that the year ET went off?
  • topdawgnc said:

I'd say this was Gilby's plungering of Oregon State in 2003. I kept thinking that when Doogs were celebrating. I was like Gilby plunger raped Oregon State in their house and they might have even been ranked at the time.

Yes that would be the year. That was right after UW had an embarrassing loss to Nevada at home.

That team actually avoided the 3 game losing streak the last year we didn't have a 3 game losing streak.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

topdawgnc said:

Yes that would be the year. That was right after UW had an embarrassing loss to Nevada at home.

That team actually avoided the 3 game losing streak the last year we didn't have a 3 game losing streak.
    That was a bad year though. We lost to a terrible Arizona team for their only conference win and got double plungered by Cal. I have no idea how we beat WSU in the Rose Bowl after getting blown out by Cal.

• topdawgnc said:

That was a bad year though. We lost to a terrible Arizona team for their only conference win and got double plungered by Cal. I have no idea how we beat WSU in the Rose Bowl after getting blown out by Cal.

Oh I hope my post wasn't coming off as me thinking that year was good. I wanted Gilby fucking fired during that first game.

I still remember being down 28-3, UW had 4th and 1 on the Ohio State 39 and the mother fucker punts. Just cowardly.

I remember we lost to an awful Arizona team then lost to Cal giving up 700 yards. There was major fire Gilbertson talk then he won the apple cup. We all know the rest.

That is what just happened to UW yesterday. The fire Sark momentum was actually real for once and alive.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

topdawgnc said:

Oh I hope my post wasn't coming off as me thinking that year was good. I wanted Gilby fucking fired during that first game.

I still remember being down 28-3, UW had 4th and 1 on the Ohio State 39 and the mother fucker punts. Just cowardly.

I remember we lost to an awful Arizona team then lost to Cal giving up 700 yards. There was major fire Gilbertson talk then he won the apple cup. We all know the rest.

That is what just happened to UW yesterday. The fire Sark momentum was actually real for once and alive.
    Haha, not at all. I was just reminiscing about that shitty, underachieving year. I'm still pissed off we fired Rick before the season.

• topdawgnc said:

Haha, not at all. I was just reminiscing about that shitty, underachieving year. I'm still pissed off we fired Rick before the season.

Truth is we would have underachieved with Rick too. I don't know about 6-6 probably go 8-4(don't see Rick losing to an awful Nevada or Arizona) but considering that team was picked to finish 2nd in the conference that's underachieving.

I'm a huge Rick fan and Doogs are right to an extent that Rick got the ball rolling downhill. However, no way 1-10 happens and Rick's "downhill" is still Sark's ceiling.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    People were talking 12-0 before '03 (posters we would probably now refer to as "Doogs"). 8-4 seems more like it.. There's no excuse to lose to Nevaduh at home
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

People were talking 12-0 before '03 (posters we would probably now refer to as "Doogs"). 8-4 seems more like it.. There's no excuse to lose to Nevaduh at home

If memory serves that was when Game Day opened in Columbus.

Fuck ... just 10 years ago Washington v. tOSU was a marquee match up.

Gilby never should have been named head coach. They should have made him interim, and then found the best candidate possible.

Then again ... that would require some fucking brain matter.

Christ ... Hedges really fucked Washington football ... just gutted the fucking golden goose.