Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

In a fantasy land where Pete comes to his senses...

...and brings in an EXPERIENCED OC he can hand the keys to Eason and the rest of the offense to...

Who are some possibilities?

(Besides Sark)

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hire Tedford away from Fresno.

Hire PGOS

Hire whoever Purdue's OC is
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,940 Founders Club
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Hire PGOS

Tedford isn't happening

You're an idiot

It's Brohm's offense at Purdue to start with ... and you're talking about the same Purdue team that scored 13 points yesterday

I may be an idiot, but I look like Einstein compared to you. Ask anyone.

On Purdue, I didnt see their score yesterday so Ill concede that point. I did see them take Ohio State to the woodshed with balance. Brohm doesnt call the plays.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Eason the savior. What could go wrong? A lot faith in Jacob.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

Tequilla said:

Hire PGOS

Tedford isn't happening

You're an idiot

It's Brohm's offense at Purdue to start with ... and you're talking about the same Purdue team that scored 13 points yesterday

On Purdue, I didnt see their score yesterday so Ill concede that point. I did see them take Ohio State to the woodshed with balance. Brohm doesnt call the plays.
    Ohio State's defense is a disaster ...

I like Purdue and what they are doing a lot ... but I'm not sure going full spread is the answer for where we are as a program.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

Eason the savior. What could go wrong? A lot faith in Jacob.

Fuck anyone named Jake. #yankoff
    This.
    So the question that I'd ask is as an OC ... what would you have done differently this year?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Tequilla said:

So the question that I'd ask is as an OC ... what would you have done differently this year?

Not really everything, we actually started only doing stupid stuff 50% of the time as the season has progressed.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Too lazy to say "everything" ...

What I can tell from Hamden's philosophy this year is as follows:

• Strength of the team are the RBs
    • Browning is going to make a handful of really bad decisions per game - minimize what he's asked to do
    • WRs are largely average depending on what kind of growth Ty Jones would make
    • TEs more good blockers than great receivers without Hunter Bryant
    • Have a good defense that is going to minimize points allowed so don't give up short fields through mistakes
    In the end, he's called games tied to the above. There's an emphasis on the run and taking things out of Jake's hands. Jake's shown to be pissed about this and the frustration there has hit the boiling point. Fuller has disappeared in both the Oregon and Cal games.

I don't think going spread this year would be the answer because it'd move more of the emphasis away from the team's strength.

Now looking forward to next year ... still will have some good RBs but will have a far more talented receiving group if for no other reason than everybody being a year older. I could see a little more spreading of the field next year with a QB that will likely be trusted to make throws throughout the field.

I tend to fall under the umbrella that we have some player issues this year that limit what we are able to do starting on the OL and extending to the QB position. We're behind last year's offensive numbers but not materially.
    Good poast.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hire PGOS

Tedford isn't happening

You're an idiot

I like Purdue and what they are doing a lot ... but I'm not sure going full spread is the answer for where we are as a program.
    Im a fan of power spreads like what chip did at Oregon. Running out of the spread and incorporating TEs that can catch into that scheme is tough to stop.

It's also not overly complicated horseshit.
    I am also. It's a run first philosophy and seems to scheme open receivers including a lot of TE throws. Unfortunately it wouldn't really suit Eason. More a Yankoff style. Can't see it with Sirmon, Morris and possibly Huard.
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Not really everything, we actually started only doing stupid stuff 50% of the time as the season has progressed.
    As for the stupid stuff ... that's 81% tied to the fact that we suck at just lining up and executing basic shit (particularly in the red zone).

I get that Hamden's trying SOMETHING here ... it's still FS though because at some point EVERYBODY knows that we're trying SOMETHING

It's fair to get on him for that ... goes back to what I was saying about knowing your own tendencies and breaking them.
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Too lazy to say "everything" ...

What I can tell from Hamden's philosophy this year is as follows:

• Strength of the team are the RBs
    • Browning is going to make a handful of really bad decisions per game - minimize what he's asked to do
    • WRs are largely average depending on what kind of growth Ty Jones would make
    • TEs more good blockers than great receivers without Hunter Bryant
    • Have a good defense that is going to minimize points allowed so don't give up short fields through mistakes
    In the end, he's called games tied to the above. There's an emphasis on the run and taking things out of Jake's hands. Jake's shown to be pissed about this and the frustration there has hit the boiling point. Fuller has disappeared in both the Oregon and Cal games.

I don't think going spread this year would be the answer because it'd move more of the emphasis away from the team's strength.

Now looking forward to next year ... still will have some good RBs but will have a far more talented receiving group if for no other reason than everybody being a year older. I could see a little more spreading of the field next year with a QB that will likely be trusted to make throws throughout the field.

I tend to fall under the umbrella that we have some player issues this year that limit what we are able to do starting on the OL and extending to the QB position. We're behind last year's offensive numbers but not materially.
    Good poast.
    Thank you
    whuggy said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Hire PGOS

Tedford isn't happening

You're an idiot

Im a fan of power spreads like what chip did at Oregon. Running out of the spread and incorporating TEs that can catch into that scheme is tough to stop.

It's also not overly complicated horseshit.
    I am also. It's a run first philosophy and seems to scheme open receivers including a lot of TE throws. Unfortunately it wouldn't really suit Eason. More a Yankoff style. Can't see it with Sirmon, Morris and possibly Huard.

You dont need a running QB to do spread varients. When this offense is at it's best this year we are spreading the field and running Gaskin or finding the open receiver.

The problem with this offense we have now is it takes things from spread, west coast, pro style, power, boise state motion, trickeration...but everything is half baked. Stick to one or two things and do them well.