Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doogs are already calling for Troy Williams

Cyler Miles has a funky delivery and isn't very good. Forget that almost every school in the country wanted him coming out of high school, he sucks. Some of them are ready for Troy Williams next year and think that he will start. Troy Williams could be pretty good, but it's fucking annoying how doogs always anoint the next guy before even seeing him play. Nobody has any fucking clue if Troy Williams is any good. From what I have seen, Miles looks like he will be a good QB. The smart and almost guaranteed money is on Miles being the starter next year.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    I am 81% sure doogs know Miles will be the starter next year.

However, if they anoint him ... who will they use as Sark's escape goat?
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    edited November 2013
    Wish we could still be talking about sarks imminent departure but I'm afraid that ship sailed last night and we may as we'll discuss nexts season QB situation. I've been a big fan of Price the past 3 years as he was a breath of fresh air from the lockner era. I know he is young and unpolished but miles seems like a slower version of lockner without about as much natural instinct. I'm not excited about running qbs and want to see more Sankey ball from this team in the future.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I like what I have seen from Miles. Price is more accurate with his short to intermediate throws, but Miles looks to be accurate with his deep balls. Miles looks to have good pocket presence as well and does not have as many bad habits as Price. Of course, Price used to have a great feel in the pocket in 2011 before our line and bad coaching ruined him. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Miles. I know Price is a better QB, but we would have the same record if Miles was our QB. The problem with our team has never been the QB.

I don't know if Miles is great, and Troy Williams might be very good, but it's fucking annoying to anoint Williams before even seeing him play. Wasn't John Ross supposed to make Mickens disappear one year after Mickens was supposed to be an explosive freshman? Brandon Beaver was supposed to start at safety. Travell Dixon was penciled in as a starter. These fucks never learn from always loving the guy they have never seen.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    topdawgnc said:

To become Sark's scapegoat, Miles will have to become a passing fool same as his head coach and offensive coordinator/play-caller. Sark has plenty of time in Spring and Fall preseason to fuck-up his next starting QB appropriately........ for a proper scapegoat, that is, and doogs won't have KP to kick around anymore.

• I think people are making the classic mistake of giving too much to the QB in a win and too much blame in a loss.

They see Miles started and UW scored 69 so therefore he should start over Price. Nevermind UW's defense shut them out first three quarters and had over 500 yards rushing.

I like Miles but he is nothing special IMO. He is a better runner than Price but he's not an electric runner either like Locker was prior to Sark showing up.

Gotta disagree that he throws a good deep ball. In the UCLA game he was over throwing his guys and in the Oregon State game had an easy TD to Kevin Smith that he damn near over threw him but Smith had to make a great catch. Another long pass Smith had to make a diving catch as well.

Having said that, after Price had his start in 2010 most were praising him and my impression was Price showed he is a D-1 QB unlike Fouch but didn't impress me. That's how I feel about Miles he proved unlike Montana he can start in our conference but I'm not that impressed.

Doogs always love the back up QB as they can't like the starting QB. If you like the starting QB really makes it hard to blame someone when losses happen. So Troy Williams will be the new guy that Doogs love and the same Doogs who been wanting Price benched for Miles these past two years will turn on him.

I mean Sark will have been average with Locker, Price and now Miles but it can't possibly be Sark's fault it has to be the QB right? Road Dawg is correct that we'd be 7-4 with or without Price. Probably don't kill Arizona or Boise State and probably get killed by Stanford. Still the record would be the same. It's never been about the QB since Locker came to campus but it's always been about our lack of line play which we haven't had since 2000.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    topdawgnc said:

Is this a goat designed for him ability to escape?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    @Time, I was pretty drunk at the UCLA game so my memory is a little fuzzy, but until late in the 4th, Miles was playing very well. He had a long TD called back by the hands to the face as well. I thought yesterday his deep balls to Smith were good throws, especially the first one. Price accuracy has not been very good on deep balls, and from a small sample size, I think Miles is better at that. Price is obviously much better in the short to intermediate game and I'm sure he knows the offense better.

The point of my post was not to say Miles is great, it's only been one start, and the Beavers didn't even show up. There's no need to crown Miles, but it is also FS to say with conviction that Williams is going to come in and start. We could have Peyton Manning and Doogs would call for the back up because Manning doesn't throw a tight spiral and isn't mobile.
  • @Time, I was pretty drunk at the UCLA game so my memory is a little fuzzy, but until late in the 4th, Miles was playing very well. He had a long TD called back by the hands to the face as well. I thought yesterday his deep balls to Smith were good throws, especially the first one. Price accuracy has not been very good on deep balls, and from a small sample size, I think Miles is better at that. Price is obviously much better in the short to intermediate game and I'm sure he knows the offense better.

The point of my post was not to say Miles is great, it's only been one start, and the Beavers didn't even show up. There's no need to crown Miles, but it is also FS to say with conviction that Williams is going to come in and start. We could have Peyton Manning and Doogs would call for the back up because Manning doesn't throw a tight spiral and isn't mobile.

Makes sense. Price had the long TD throw that was called back due to the hands to the face not Miles.

Miles also showed terrible pocket awareness in that game. UW trailed 27-17 at halftime then scored only 14 points in the second half. Remember 7 of those came on a short field as UCLA fumbled opening kickoff.

Miles was racking up cheap completions on short throws or was overthrowing guys. I'd suggest re-watching the game from when Miles came in. He was very average in that game.