Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Whole squad coming back

Let’s Goooooo!!!!

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited October 2018

Is there any way we hold out at least bryant to ensure he can Redshirt instead of wasting 3/4 of a year? Just not play him against Cal or Oregon st.?

If Adams wants to go then I suppose you might as well play him but seems like he should wait until stanford and sit out against oregon st too so he can come back next year?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    Why do you have no life and why are you obsessed with me? Why do you have nearly 8,000 posts on a UW board when you're a WSU fan? Why do you think your opinion is at all relevant here?
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Why do you have no life and why are you obsessed with me? Why do you have nearly 8,000 posts on a UW board when you're a WSU fan? Why do you think your opinion is at all relevant here?

AIDS induced stroke?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Is there any way we hold out at least bryant to ensure he can Redshirt instead of wasting 3/4 of a year? Just not play him against Cal or Oregon st.?

If Adams wants to go then I suppose you might as well play him but seems like he should wait until stanford and sit out against oregon st too so he can come back next year?

I know you are being sarcastic.... but if he plays in the Stanford, Oregon State apple cup and bowl game he can still redshirt.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    Houhusky said:

AIDS induced stroke?
    strawman
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,010
    This week they are just returning to practice. Pete usually takes several weeks of practice to get them going. I think after the bye week is still the goal.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    If you don’t beat Stanford, you don’t get a 5th game. I’m sure the plan is to bring them back for the Stanford game and then reassess whether they can hold them out one other game, likely OSU, or if they just decide to press forward playing all the rest of the games and not using the redshirts.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    Stanford is fucked.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,335 Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Houhusky said:

I know you are being sarcastic.... but if he plays in the Stanford, Oregon State apple cup and bowl game he can still redshirt.
    Why do you hate the P12CG?
    Fuck
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126

Pete needs to hold Adam's and Bryant put against Oregon State. They wont be needed and you want to maintain their redshirt year if you can

Bryant isn't going to stick around 5 years and forego a paycheck in year 5 ... or maybe even year 4 for that matter. .... Adams isn't coming back either. Use them if you can now.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,698 Founders Club
  • Wombat_GuernicaWombat_Guernica Member Posts: 126

Pete needs to hold Adam's and Bryant put against Oregon State. They wont be needed and you want to maintain their redshirt year if you can

Bryant isn't going to stick around 5 years and forego a paycheck in year 5 ... or maybe even year 4 for that matter. .... Adams isn't coming back either. Use them if you can now.
    Likely yes, but you never know. All you have to do is hold them out against the Beavers and you're in the clear. Why the hell would you take that chance?
    They’d need to be held out today as well (if available v Kal) if you actually want to go to and have them play to win the Rose Bowl.

I’d gladly burn those two shirts for a trip to - and a win - in the Rose Bowl. I can come around to your way of thinking IF they don’t play today.

I’m almost 50... not so long ago I thought we’d win 6 or 8 more Rose Bowls/New Year’s Bowls easily within my lifetime ... now I don’t know, it’s been 17 years now since the last one. I want to win in the future for sure, but if you can win something great today - then fucking do it now - by whatever means necessary.

Go DAWGS