Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Blackface for me but not for thee

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,684
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    It’s affecting all voters that select to go all one party down the ballot and click through the shitty UI too fast. Stay out of the tech talk, it’s not your wheelhouse.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Appear? Did you see those campaign videos by Beto supporters.

But according to the Texas Secretary of State’s Office, the voting machines are not at fault. Rather, the problems reported are the result of “voters hitting a button or using the selection wheel before the screen is finished rendering,” which de-selects the pre-filled candidate selection.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    SFGbob said:

Appear? Did you see those campaign videos by Beto supporters.

But according to the Texas Secretary of State’s Office, the voting machines are not at fault. Rather, the problems reported are the result of “voters hitting a button or using the selection wheel before the screen is finished rendering,” which de-selects the pre-filled candidate selection.

It’s called bad UI.

Think Vanilla devs.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,003

Sounds like a real conspiracy now

Gonna laugh when Beto wins.
    Criminals in the governors office. Sounds like a dem.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the closest I found to her tittays - I did one search with the off but I think they appeared to be photoshopped

• Options
    LebamDawg said:

This is the closest I found to her tittays - I did one search with the off but I think they appeared to be photoshopped

Easily purchased.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Beto the irish guy is such a joke
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,931
    Sledog said:

LebamDawg said:

Easily purchased.
    She got $3 million settlement from Roger Ailes and will pocket a good chunk of her NBC contract without working.

Smart bitch.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    Another in a long line of celebrity journalists with swollen, inflamed egos, who, like Bill O-Reilly, no longer know when the STFU or know how to carefully present sensitive subjects, and are woefully ignorant of history.

She probably feels terrible and alienated right now. She can stay at my place for a couple months if she only wears that.
  • Options

Another in a long line of celebrity journalists with swollen, inflamed egos, who, like Bill O-Reilly, no longer know when the STFU or know how to carefully present sensitive subjects, and are woefully ignorant of history.

She probably feels terrible and alienated right now. She can stay at my place for a couple months if she only wears that.

I'll send her over to your place.

Soon.
  • Options

Soon.
    Truth be told, I think Meghan was finally done-in by her glaring suburban-raised blind spots. She's had many "just doesn't get it" moments over the years and this one was the final straw on the camels back on a razor's edge of thin ice for the short leash under the eagle eyes of her NBC overlords knowing this was neither her first rodeo nor last tango with controversy. My cliche tank is now empty.
  • Options

Soon.
    Truth be told, I think Meghan was finally done-in by her glaring suburban-raised blind spots. She's had many "just doesn't get it" moments over the years and this one was the final straw on the camels back on a razor's edge of thin ice for the short leash under the eagle eyes of her NBC overlords knowing this was neither her first rodeo nor last tango with controversy. My cliche tank is now empty.
    I think the phrase the kids use for this now is "tone deaf."

Kreist, people were getting shit for using black face at UW frat parties back in early 90s. It's just an obvious thing, and feigning bewilderment about it = an admission of cluelessness, and at best flags bad judgment.

That said, I'm a bit concerned over how quickly we can people over things in our country now. She's loaded and will now just take a long vacation, but most people would be in a bad spot. What ever happened to the intermediate step of warning, then suspension and then pull out the big gun.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Meghan Kelly is a no talent hack that has somehow parlayed a decent but not spectacular face and a little boys body into millions and millions of dollars. Good for her. I hope she gets run over.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Teachable moments are now things of the past. Redemption hurts the ongoing narratives and we're not hanging those rode hard and put away wet scandals until we've milked our millions out of them by brain-dead TV viewers addicted to the scandals and whom buy their sponsor's soap.

They don't even have to pay shitty actors for daytime TV anymore. Somebody says the N-Word and every network has another week of programming set.
  • Options
    Snowflakes melting. I thought winter was coming not going.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Snowflakes melting. I thought winter was coming not going.

Brilliant.

As usual.