Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

chip kelly's departure just another example.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
When Don James left a few Husky Fans I knew had this attitude: "It sucks, but we're rolling now. We'll keep it rolling." It's not that easy, dumb asses. Coaches matter.

A duck fan I know basically said the same thing about chip kelly. I'm not saying that oregon is going to slide into mediocrity tomorrow, but I highly doubt that oregon would've suffered the same pounding in tucson if kelly was still coach.

Just my .02 cents.

Comments

• SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    It's one of those games people wil look back to in a few years to point out when they should have known their coach was a fucktard
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    If you read eQuook, I'd say the fans are about 65% "shit we're fucked," and 45% Quook "10-2 is a great season," taking Oregon State for granted, which I won't do at this point because Arizona sucked almost as badly against you guys as Oregon State did last night.

So, um, "shit, we're fucked"

Believe me, it would be fucking awesome if the Oregon AD would swoop down on Fresno and grab DeRuyter today. Under Pat Kilkenney that might have actually happened. Hopefully Pat and Phil are having some talks this week.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    Hell, much as I would like to have fired Helfrich at midfield after the game, or fuck left him in Tucson (there's an awful fate for you), even I think its not unreasonable to give him next year UNLESS the wheels fall off the bus against Oregon State and whoever the fuck we play in El Paso or Vegas.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    The UO AZ game even featured a goal line pick.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,645
    It will never happen because, unless Phil and Pat step in, there's these stupid unwritten rules that a school has to give a coach a minimum of 2-3 years no matter how much he's fucking up. But seriously, what's the point of keeping Helfrich....Look at the schedule next year and find me 6 wins with Sling Blade at the helm and no Mariota/DAT/Ifo.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

AZDuck said:

If you read eQuook, I'd say the fans are about 65% "shit we're fucked," and 45% Quook "10-2 is a great season," taking Oregon State for granted, which I won't do at this point because Arizona sucked almost as badly against you guys as Oregon State did last night.

Believe me, it would be fucking awesome if the Oregon AD would swoop down on Fresno and grab DeRuyter today. Under Pat Kilkenney that might have actually happened. Hopefully Pat and Phil are having some talks this week.

Great math as always.
    Quooks pride themselves about going above and beyond. They give 110%.

• Oregon has yet to show they are that cut throat to swoop in and land an at the time a big time coach.

They stuck with Bellotti from 2002-2006 who had some terrible losses including some at home(Remember Indiana? ). They allowed Ernie Kent to hang around too long as well.

Remember when they fired Kent? They were supposedly going to get Pitino or Few or some other big name. They ended up hiring a good coach but at the time his resume was very average.
  • LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825
    Swaye said:

Cut off the face.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

Great math as always.
    His math is correct, some fagmos are on both sides.
    YRYK. Doogman has huskydawgaz. He was in question/fire Sark mode last week after UCLA. Today he purchased a new set of knee pads for Sark.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,070
    Passion said:

When Don James left a few Husky Fans I knew had this attitude: "It sucks, but we're rolling now. We'll keep it rolling." It's not that easy, dumb asses. Coaches matter.

A duck fan I know basically said the same thing about chip kelly. I'm not saying that oregon is going to slide into mediocrity tomorrow, but I highly doubt that oregon would've suffered the same pounding in tucson if kelly was still coach.

Just my .02 cents.

that's right. fuck I'm marking this on the calendar.