Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He committed less than 3 months ago lol. That program is a trainwreck right now.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Something that chris Petersen doesn't understand is that self-promotion is actually really important in the real world. Something over the top is better than nothing, even if something less-blatant is the ideal middle ground. The message Petersen teaches about "just work hard and people will recognize you" is bull shit and does a big disservice to the kids. 99% of the time in the real world you are your only advocate.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mad_Son said:

Something that chris Petersen doesn't understand is that self-promotion is actually really important in the real world. Something over the top is better than nothing, even if something less-blatant is the ideal middle ground. The message Petersen teaches about "just work hard and people will recognize you" is bull shit and does a big disservice to the kids. 99% of the time in the real world you are your only advocate.

I’m actually torn on this

I get what you are saying and agree that ultimately in the end that you are your biggest advocate ... blindly assuming that others will do right by you isn’t a recipe for success

That being said, over the top self promotion will also turn a lot of people off and if you double that up with limited performance that doesn’t support the promotion you’re going to find yourself writing checks that you can’t cash
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

You make a good point, @madson, and I honestly don't disagree, but...

This kid isn't some small school, diamond in the RUFF who had to fight just to get colleges to notice him. He goes to fucking Bosco and already has offers from most of the PAC-12. "I'm the number one WR in the nation. Period"... Fuck off with that shit.

Also, our receivers aren't JAGs because they didn't puff their chests out on social media enough. Most of them are JAGs because Brent Pease was a lazy, incompetent sack of shit.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

"Thank you for your time" Lol
    The recruit version of “Good luck the rest of the way!”
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2018
    He's a scrawny midget. No more Jaydon Mickens types, please.

Unless he grows to 6' 3". Then yes, please.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,978

He's a scrawny midget. No more Jaydon Mickens types, please.

Unless he grows to 6' 3". Then yes, please.

Bbk is currently inspiring a whole generation of small white guys to come play football for UW.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

I get what you are saying and agree that ultimately in the end that you are your biggest advocate ... blindly assuming that others will do right by you isn’t a recipe for success

That being said, over the top self promotion will also turn a lot of people off and if you double that up with limited performance that doesn’t support the promotion you’re going to find yourself writing checks that you can’t cash
    I agree completely. Like I said there is a happy middle ground. Over the top may turn some people off (I hate shit like that) but it is a way better strategy than just keeping your mouth shut for trying to get recognition. If you annoy the shit out of me and I know what you've done, ultimately you're better off than someone who I've never heard of.
  • Options
    guntlove said:

Mad_Son said:

You make a good point, @madson, and I honestly don't disagree, but...

This kid isn't some small school, diamond in the RUFF who had to fight just to get colleges to notice him. He goes to fucking Bosco and already has offers from most of the PAC-12. "I'm the number one WR in the nation. Period"... Fuck off with that shit.

Also, our receivers aren't JAGs because they didn't puff their chests out on social media enough. Most of them are JAGs because Brent Pease was a lazy, incompetent sack of shit.
    My point is Petersen considers this as bad as rape and murder because he has a belief that silent and diffident is the only way to be.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

I'm not going to respect his decision, since he didn't tell me to

HHPOTD
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2018
    Mad_Son said:

Tequilla said:

Mad_Son said:

I agree completely. Like I said there is a happy middle ground. Over the top may turn some people off (I hate shit like that) but it is a way better strategy than just keeping your mouth shut for trying to get recognition. If you annoy the shit out of me and I know what you've done, ultimately you're better off than someone who I've never heard of.
    I can personally attest to this