Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

This. Uncle Phil and his monopoly money

2»

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let's clean up all the smug acadmis smack guys.

It's threads like these that made Tierb leave.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    haie said:

haie said:

This is so misinformed I don't even know where to begin. A 2 billion fundraising campaign, a 1/2 billion science center, new dorms and all the other academic buildings going up now don't happen without Knight playing. They never get the independent board - so crucial for fundraising - without his influence. Oregon will get better over time because of him. Watch what happens to OSU over the same time period. Oregon like Washington have completely failed higher ed. Private funding is everything for all colleges - public and private alike.

Degrees from large state universities not named Virginia, UCLA, Cal or Michigan are more or less fungible anyway. Big Box Wearhouse education. Don't kid yourself. A friend's D just graduated from UW and decided to become a stewardess. That doesn't happen at Chicago. Literally. Ever.

I know someone's daughter who graduated from Chicago recently and works at Best Buy, but still.

I'm just glad my daughter is going to Oregon State Online. Literally no difference between that and UW. None.
    If that's even true, she's doing that on a very temporary basis and is on her way to grad school or a real career. Chicago and Washington students are a very different cohort. She is not doing that as a first career, I can promise you that. I know scores of kids graduated from Washington who are selling real estate and similar "no college" jobs.

And you graduated from UW's vaunted CS program and went to Cuog! Satellite for grad school. That's probably case rested.

If you think that outcomes are different for the average undergrad coming out of UW, WSU, Oregon, ASU, Michigan State, LSU, Arkansas, etc you are sorry deluded.

There are a small handful of state flagships that have managed to vault their names into door opener status regardless of major. I listed them earlier.

Every school has good individual programs.

I know you like to walk around with your dick in the air about having gone to Washington, and good for you - you picked the right major. Had you studied almost anything else it would not have mattered.

At. All.
    Oregon has a CS program? When did that happen?

Oh wait, you're talking about their CIS major where you just have to have discrete math credits.

I'm really worried about ducks and beavlets taking my job. Not sure if my skills stack up to theirs.
    It would appear reading strong isn't a prerequisite to get into and graduate from UW CS; for I said absotleuly noting about Oregon or OSU CS.

In fact, my comment was clear that the one area UW isn't generally fungible is your area, and that's generally it.

But your reading struggle prevented you from decoding the letters and understanding what I wrote.

Sad.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I love academicks smack tawk.

My UW degree has paid huge dividends. I’ve almost scraped together enough money to move out of my parents’ basement.

Don't brag fucking

It's unbecoming