Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

We need to come up with a nickname for this Lonyatta kid. We can't just type that out in a serious sentence.

Personally I get side tracked from whatever I'm reading, when I read "Lonyatta". I love being unique or whatever, but that just is not a name meant to be used in it's entirety.

I could understand why someone who calls themselves “Rusty Savage” wouldn’t have an affinity for the name Lonyatta, but he goes be Junior and I see this as a Evangelist Elisama Paama situation. Sure, I could call Ev Sama, but what’s the point of having a killer name like Evangelist if I’m just going to call you “Hawaiian Sam”. Lonyatta (Lone-Yacht-TAH) > Junior.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,797
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can’t find the Julien Simon thread, probably because we haven’t offered yet, but his film also made me happy.

So I’m not a film guy unless it’s snuff and then I can analyze that with the best of them.

Both Emeka and Julien are elite elite. I look at Julien and I’m actually more impressed.

Do you guys agree or am I missing something? Part of asking is because I see 247 ranking Emeka higher.

Also, what’s the word on where these guys could line up position wise?

Huard to Emeka & Julien is the stuff wet dreams are made of. #doogingballz
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can’t find the Julien Simon thread, probably because we haven’t offered yet, but his film also made me happy.

So I’m not a film guy unless it’s snuff and then I can analyze that with the best of them.

Both Emeka and Julien are elite elite. I look at Julien and I’m actually more impressed.

Do you guys agree or am I missing something? Part of asking is because I see 247 ranking Emeka higher.

#MyJulien seems to prefer RB which is probably the reason his ranking is a little lower. He's going to run into some skepticism there because he's a little tall for the position. He can still play it at a high level.

He'd be elite at WR, still very very good at RB.

Get him and figure that shit out later.
    Do we know if he’s making that switch for the Abe’s? All WR and safety highlights.

His size and speed... damn. Agreed to get him in and figure it out though we know the recruiting tactics (lies) for playing the position he wants and early PT will be against us.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

#MyJulien seems to prefer RB which is probably the reason his ranking is a little lower. He's going to run into some skepticism there because he's a little tall for the position. He can still play it at a high level.

Do we know if he’s making that switch for the Abe’s? All WR and safety highlights.

His size and speed... damn. Agreed to get him in and figure it out though we know the recruiting tactics (lies) for playing the position he wants and early PT will be against us.
    He had 294 yards rushing and 284 receiving this year. Not sure if he was hurt for awhile because he had 559 receiving as a frosh (and none rushing).

Given you can add receiving yards as a (BIG) back, I'm guessing he played more RB than receiver this year though I don't know that for sure.

Or maybe he played more on the defensive end where he added 2 sacks and 5 picks.

Dude could play just about anywhere.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Wish tre shan wanted to play rb
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So he’s udubs until he’s not...
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

"Oh man, I had a great time up there," Egbuka told Dawgman.com about his day on campus. "I've been up there a lot, but I just met coach (Junior) Adams on Monday when he and coach (Chris) Petersen came to my school, so it was a good chance for me to get to spend more time with him and continue to build that relationship with him.

"They definitely want me as a wide receiver and I would say that's the side I prefer. I just like making big plays with the ball in my hands and doing what I can to help my team and I feel like that's the spot where I can my a difference."

A big reason why the Huskies wanted to get those players on campus together is because they want them to picture themselves playing together in the purple and gold.

"A lot of us already knew each other, so it was cool just getting to hang out with the other guys and spend time with them too," Egbuka noted. "The coaches did a good job of showing us a good time and spending time with us and just letting us hang out together as a group."

I guess Pete trying out the whole poly weekend on the WA kids. Call it WAweeked
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

"Oh man, I had a great time up there," Egbuka told Dawgman.com about his day on campus. "I've been up there a lot, but I just met coach (Junior) Adams on Monday when he and coach (Chris) Petersen came to my school, so it was a good chance for me to get to spend more time with him and continue to build that relationship with him.

"They definitely want me as a wide receiver and I would say that's the side I prefer. I just like making big plays with the ball in my hands and doing what I can to help my team and I feel like that's the spot where I can my a difference."

A big reason why the Huskies wanted to get those players on campus together is because they want them to picture themselves playing together in the purple and gold.

"A lot of us already knew each other, so it was cool just getting to hang out with the other guys and spend time with them too," Egbuka noted. "The coaches did a good job of showing us a good time and spending time with us and just letting us hang out together as a group."

Combine them and you get Wally Weekend
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Combine them and you get Wally Weekend

• DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If you can’t handle the ups and downs maybe you should get off the ride.