Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Egbuka, 2021 5* WR, Steilacoom (Steilacoom HS), WA (Offered 10/20/18)

Comments

• Options
    huskytonshuskytons Member Posts: 6
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is it wrong to say that Junior Adams should be fired if he misses both Troy and Emeka...on top of all of the dropped passes?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Mooser42 said:

Where my crystal dongs at?

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tells me he had a feeling before the Oklahoma visit ... Oklahoma visit was finishing his diligence

Meaning Oklahoma? I am sure it happens but 90% of the kids that commit shortly after visiting a school commit to that school.

Yes. Those are made up data but still...
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,721
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tells me he had a feeling before the Oklahoma visit ... Oklahoma visit was finishing his diligence

Yup, it’s UW.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    He has followed all the Oklahoma commits on Instagram
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Guessing this is bullshit
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Meaning Oklahoma? I am sure it happens but 90% of the kids that commit shortly after visiting a school commit to that school.

Yes. Those are made up data but still...
    Brock Bowers
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

Guessing this is bullshit
    The best kind 💩 💩
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s going to OU.
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I think the timing of the visit is more circumstantial here ... if Oklahoma is the choice it was his leading choice prior to the visit and the visit confirmed

If somebody else was leading he wasn’t committing until finishing his visits in full
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Future Oklahomo legend
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    He's long gone. The OU visit helped him confirm his decision, it's as simple as that.

Steilacoom (Wash.) receiver Emeka Egbuka took his much anticipated visit to Oklahoma over the weekend.

The nation's No. 1 receiver had narrowed his final three down to Ohio State, Oklahoma and Washington, but he had never visited Oklahoma.

That finally changed over the weekend when Egbuka spent Friday until Sunday in Norman.

"Im not a big city type of person so I liked Norman," said Egbuka. "I feel like the visit answered any remaining questions I had."

Egbuka and his father, Henry, arrived in Norman on Friday and that evening, Egbuka and Oklahoma quarterback commit Caleb Williams had a throwing session.

"I went and threw with Caleb and we connected right away, especially on the field," said Egbuka. "He was throwing routes and everything was in sync. He has crazy arm strength, no doubt about it. He didn't really miss on any throws the whole day. We threw for about 90 minutes and I got a good gauge for the kind of passer he is."

Though the two have talked over the phone and via text, this was Egbuka's first chance to actually meet Williams in person.

"We get along great and we’re similar people," said Egbuka.

Egbuka was also able to take in the town and campus while in town.

"Just walking around the campus, I really liked it," said Egbuka. "I liked the look of all the buildings, all the buildings are old looking and I think thats cool. I liked the Palace, the dorms are so close to everything you need access for as a football player. There is nothing to really knock."

He also enjoyed the time in the stadium.

"The stadium, I liked it a lot," said Egbuka. "The fans were screaming, they were crazy and some times I realized, if they're this loud at only 20%, what would a non-covid capacity crowd sound like."

Egbuka was also able to spend time with other Oklahoma recruits.

"I also really liked that too, spending time with Clayton (Smith), Tristan (Leigh) and Cullen (Montgomery)," said Egbuka.

But much of the time was with Williams.

"We met up with him for breakfast and my dad and his dad got along really well," said Egbuka. "Caleb did a little bit of recruiting but he wasn't pushy in anyway. He was just giving me information about Oklahoma."

Egbuka wasn't able to meet with the Oklahoma coaches but got on Zoom with them when he got back home on Sunday evening.

"Coach (Lincoln) Riley and coach (Dennis) Simmons, they talked with me when I got back and just asked how the trip was and answered any questions I had left," said Egbuka.

Now, Egbuka will sit back and discuss with his family where he'll go.

That will also include sitting down with each of his finalists, Washington, Oklahoma and Ohio State, over Zoom.

"I feel like I'm ready to make a decision and I'll be announcing on Friday," said Egbuka. "I've talked with every single head coach and receiver coach at my finalists and I'll talk with them again. I kind of have in the back of my head where I'm going to go."

Egbuka will announce his decision at 5 p.m. PST on December 11th.

The nation's No. 1 receiver, Egbuka is a five-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings and the No. 2 prospect in the state of Washington.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Good thing MOTM3 is dropping Friday, cause it’ll be a sad vibes night
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,610
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Wow. program fucked.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    His Twitter likes are limited but they're not promising.