Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Want to know what roster mismanagement looks like? Look at our ILBs.

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
This clown Bobby Greggy KNOWS we want to rotate 6 guys. Okay... so start from the premise we need 6 ILBs (WHICH IS THE EASIEST BODY TYPE TO FIND) available to play at all times. Which really isn't hard to do because even though I prefer guys like Dave Hoffmann to BBK, it's really easy to find 6-1, 215 guys who are athletic enough to play in the Pac-12. Or 5-10, 195 kids in the case of BBK. But whatever.

So... in 2014 we took Drew Lewis - who because we are so fucking sensitive about our amazing vetting process - we basically ran him off (he originally committed to Sark and we 'honored' his commitment). Now he's an AC LB for Colorada. Fuck us, seriously.

...and that's it. So at ILB in '14 we have: NO ONE.

In 2015 we took BBK (really undersized), DJ Beavers (just undersized), Kyler Manu (who was a BUCK recruit at the tim and also wasn't good) and Tevis.

We didn't redshirt Tevis or BBK for reasons I will never understand. Good thing we got that 2015 season out of them! It would be a shame to have both of them back next year for their RS-Sr years. I'm sure it was worth it in 2015 to play them.

BUT WAIT... that's not the only massive fuck up. The other good news is we played Tevis at SAM, which was not really a natural position for him, so in addition to not redshirting him, we played him out of position for 3 years, then moved him into his natural position for his last season, which I'm sure maximizes his chances to be good at that position.

...oh wait. It doesn't. It actually just made his career a mish-mash of useless bullshit where he was not a natural at his first position, but he flew threw three years there and then we moved him to his 'natural' position so he could learn a whole new position the year that we decided to have no one at DT. SUPER DUPER!!!

If I were the Bartlett family I would fucking sue Pete. He should've gone to Wyoming. Seriously. Makes me sad to say it, but we really fucked Tevis over.

OK! On to 2016...

So, this was Bobby Greggy's best year recruiting, by far. Eifler and Welly. So, 'Throw them out there Bob' decided to go ahead and not redshirt Welly even though he's undersized and definitely needed to gain size (isn't it weird that the guys that don't redshirt have a much higher incidence of injury?). I love that we couldn't find some walk ons in 2016 to pick up garbage time for us. If you recall, we never really even played a close game in 2016 - @Ariz and @Utah were the closest. Welly didn't play in those games, lol.

Eifler is black, so he didn't get along with Gregory, we moved him outside and then he left. Greggy don't do melanin.

So far "Throw Them Out There Bob" has not done one fucking thing right.

What happened in 2017? Bobby Greggy slept through that recruiting cycle and got: no one. Good job Bob!

On to 2018... Bobby Greggy got gifted Sirmon (Peter was a coach under Pete and knows that Pete is legit - BG didn't have to do shit) and then offered Tafisi after we missed everyone else. He looks good, but he's undersized.

So, in conclusion - THIS is how you fuck up a roster. Don't redshirt kids, move them around needlessly, forget to recruit for a couple years, be a member of the KKK, you know, just your average stuff. Good thing we passed on Merlin.

Just so we are keeping tally on the Racial Draft Bob has recruited:

2 black kids (Eifler and DJB) and was forced to take one (Lewis). Two of the three have left.

2 mixed Poly kids (Welly and Manu) who have done nothing.

1 Poly kid (Tafisi) who is a frosh.

3 white kids (BBK, Tevis, Sirmon), two of which rose to the top, which I'm sure was PURE COINCIDENCE based on the racial superiority of whites in football.

He also didn't get along with Azeem and benched him for BBK.

GREAT JOB BOB!!!

Also, kudos on your special teams coaching.

I hope you enjoy being DC at Liberty. FUCK YOU.

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I will never understand the not redshirting kids and it's not just at LB. If they aren't going to be a significant contributor, dont play them as a frosh. You lose a year when they might actually be good, they are more prone to injury, and they often fuck up on big plays that can be costly (for example Molden getting burned on 3rd and 30 vs Stanford last year).

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I will never understand the not redshirting kids and it's not just at LB. If they aren't going to be a significant contributor, dont play them as a frosh. You lose a year when they might actually be good, they are more prone to injury, and they often fuck up on big plays that can be costly (for example Molden getting burned on 3rd and 30 vs Stanford last year).

It's the weirdest urge... it's like saying 'hey, you can take the interest of your million dollar investment in its first year or it's thirtieth... which would you like?'

I NEED MONEY NOW!!! TAKE IT NOW!!!

Unless guys are your best players and likely to start the next year, do not fucking play them. I'd rather have a 'Byron Murphy' error (redshirting when he could've played) than a Tevis, BBK, JoJo, Jordan Miller, DisslyDawg, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. error.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

This clown Bobby Greggy KNOWS we want to rotate 6 guys. Okay... so start from the premise we need 6 ILBs (WHICH IS THE EASIEST BODY TYPE TO FIND) available to play at all times. Which really isn't hard to do because even though I prefer guys like Dave Hoffmann to BBK, it's really easy to find 6-1, 215 guys who are athletic enough to play in the Pac-12. Or 5-10, 195 kids in the case of BBK. But whatever.

So... in 2014 we took Drew Lewis - who because we are so fucking sensitive about our amazing vetting process - we basically ran him off (he originally committed to Sark and we 'honored' his commitment). Now he's an AC LB for Colorada. Fuck us, seriously.

In 2015 we took BBK (really undersized), DJ Beavers (just undersized), Kyler Manu (who was a BUCK recruit at the tim and also wasn't good) and Tevis.

We didn't redshirt Tevis or BBK for reasons I will never understand. Good thing we got that 2015 season out of them! It would be a shame to have both of them back next year for their RS-Sr years. I'm sure it was worth it in 2015 to play them.

BUT WAIT... that's not the only massive fuck up. The other good news is we played Tevis at SAM, which was not really a natural position for him, so in addition to not redshirting him, we played him out of position for 3 years, then moved him into his natural position for his last season, which I'm sure maximizes his chances to be good at that position.

...oh wait. It doesn't. It actually just made his career a mish-mash of useless bullshit where he was not a natural at his first position, but he flew threw three years there and then we moved him to his 'natural' position so he could learn a whole new position the year that we decided to have no one at DT. SUPER DUPER!!!

If I were the Bartlett family I would fucking sue Pete. He should've gone to Wyoming. Seriously. Makes me sad to say it, but we really fucked Tevis over.

OK! On to 2016...

So, this was Bobby Greggy's best year recruiting, by far. Eifler and Welly. So, 'Throw them out there Bob' decided to go ahead and not redshirt Welly even though he's undersized and definitely needed to gain size (isn't it weird that the guys that don't redshirt have a much higher incidence of injury?). I love that we couldn't find some walk ons in 2016 to pick up garbage time for us. If you recall, we never really even played a close game in 2016 - @Ariz and @Utah were the closest. Welly didn't play in those games, lol.

Eifler is black, so he didn't get along with Gregory, we moved him outside and then he left. Greggy don't do melanin.

What happened in 2017? Bobby Greggy slept through that recruiting cycle and got: no one. Good job Bob!

On to 2018... Bobby Greggy got gifted Sirmon (Peter was a coach under Pete and knows that Pete is legit - BG didn't have to do shit) and then offered Tafisi after we missed everyone else. He looks good, but he's undersized.

So, in conclusion - THIS is how you fuck up a roster. Don't redshirt kids, move them around needlessly, forget to recruit for a couple years, be a member of the KKK, you know, just your average stuff. Good thing we passed on Merlin.

2 black kids (Eifler and DJB) and was forced to take one (Lewis). Two of the three have left.

3 white kids (BBK, Tevis, Sirmon), two of which rose to the top, which I'm sure was PURE COINCIDENCE based on the racial superiority of whites in football.

GREAT JOB BOB!!!

So what you are trying to say is, it's hard? Losing Kaho probably didn't help either.

If it makes you feel any better Oregon starts Apelu who is the smallest ILB I I think I have ever seen at a P5 school. It's always the same thing, Apelu gets destroyed or gets a play made on him that he can't do anything about, we bring in ISM who makes plays and we force a punt, a turnover, or a TOD and the next drive he is standing there on the sideline.

The Pac-12 just isn't serious about football.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179

Mosster47 said:

OK! On to 2016...

GREAT JOB BOB!!!

So what you are trying to say is, it's hard? Losing Kaho probably didn't help either.

If it makes you feel any better Oregon starts Apelu who is the smallest ILB I I think I have ever seen at a P5 school. It's always the same thing, Apelu gets destroyed or gets a play made on him that he can't do anything about, we bring in ISM who makes plays and we force a punt, a turnover, or a TOD and the next drive he is standing there on the sideline.

The Pac-12 just isn't serious about football.
    A coach with an IQ of 110 is probably a full SD smarter than the average coach. These guys are complete fucking idiots.

The talent pool coaching draws from are most often failed football players who don’t have any other clear options.

It’s just a bunch of idiots generally.
    Cte is a bitch
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So pure random question Dennis that Id love to have an open debate with you on when we have some free time is what does an ideal roster makeup look like by position for what UW wants to do.

At that point I’d love to build in reasonable assumptions for RS and guys that don’t pan out ...

Not trying to excuse Gregory because he’s been shitastic as a recruiter but it would seem to me that you are always going to run the risk of a position group struggling with numbers, depth, etc from time to time

Perhaps a good topic for right after early signing day?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    Tequilla said:

So pure random question Dennis that Id love to have an open debate with you on when we have some free time is what does an ideal roster makeup look like by position for what UW wants to do.

At that point I’d love to build in reasonable assumptions for RS and guys that don’t pan out ...

Not trying to excuse Gregory because he’s been shitastic as a recruiter but it would seem to me that you are always going to run the risk of a position group struggling with numbers, depth, etc from time to time

Love Bud Elliott or hate him (and I'm more the latter), his blue chip ratio holds water.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17606048/blue-chip-ratio-2018

You need 50% of your recruiting classes to be 4-star or higher on 247 composite over the course of four years, not counting players who transfer in and not deducting for players who don't make it to campus.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

OK! On to 2016...

GREAT JOB BOB!!!

Had Tevis went to Wyoming he would have played QB.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How ironic would it be if we lynched racist Bobby?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Tequilla said:

Love Bud Elliott or hate him (and I'm more the latter), his blue chip ratio holds water.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/22/17606048/blue-chip-ratio-2018

You need 50% of your recruiting classes to be 4-star or higher on 247 composite over the course of four years, not counting players who transfer in and not deducting for players who don't make it to campus.
    I would bet if you honed that down even more the line recruiting is elite.

Skill guys are skill guys for the most part. They're all basically the same size and speed minus a small few outliers like John Ross and Royce Freeman.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club