Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Seattle Times article on Sark's & Leach's pay. . .

Comments

• fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    What is wrong with this cuntry ?
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,573 Founders Club
    Is Sark paid incentives for hypothetical wins?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    The loner cars, housing allowance, club memberships, trips and travel per diems, Nike patronage, etc. are to my knowledge old news going back at least to the 1980's and probably long before. Often times the providers or sponsors of these perks for the coaches receive something(s) in return from the AD such as comp tickets and advertising. It's an ancient system of patronage that provides high profile contract employees such as football coaches with value received for value provided at very little if any expense to the University and shouldn't be fucked with by civil service or publicity grubbing oversight rules that serve only the media's monitoring maggots such as The Seattle Times.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    Tailgater said:

The loner cars, housing allowance, club memberships, trips and travel per diems, Nike patronage, etc. are to my knowledge old news going back at least to the 1980's and probably long before. Often times the providers or sponsors of these perks for the coaches receive something(s) in return from the AD such as comp tickets and advertising. It's an ancient system of patronage that provides high profile contract employees such as football coaches with value received for value provided at very little if any expense to the University and shouldn't be fucked with by civil service or publicity grubbing oversight rules that serve only the media's monitoring maggots such as The Seattle Times.

To summarize, Fuck the Seattle Times.

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Poont taken Tailgater, but I'd be pissed if I were one of the players on a ~20-25k scholarship. Winning salves all wounds, but 2.9 M for mediocrity is a fucking disgrace.