Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

TSiO Podcast #57: Are we fine enough? Are we wild enough?

Comments

• Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    "Recruiting is getting your targets" - someone please explain this to J for me, because I'm getting bored of him constantly tagging me in his Bonerpop ball gargling sessions.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

"Recruiting is getting your targets" - someone please explain this to J for me, because I'm getting bored of him constantly tagging me in his Bonerpop ball gargling sessions.

Our on field results say fuck your obsession with teenage dicks.

@NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited October 2018
    Did I get a shout out
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You got @MrsPetersen ... the gauntlet has been thrown...
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    PurpleJ said:

@NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    We lost two games this year. Fuck off.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

@NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    Flagged. Bashing @NorwegianHusky is ok, but bashing teenage dick is not
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    Swaye's Wigwam

I though the comment about what Sark would do with the current roster spot on. This is a 4-5 or 5-4 in conference team under Sark.

Also, I know we need to get good athletes at every position group, but not all groups are created equal. OL, DL and QB recruiting Uber Alles!!!! Some kind of German you were Herr Stausser.

I have hope though with Scottalica and Malloe fucking skrong know that, at least, Pete understands what needs to happen. Fucking eh, however, his process takes a long time. If Sark could get some decent front 7 guys that got us 2016's season, why couldn't we get the dudes we needed from 2015- 17?

This is, in essence, why the MEAN rating of a class is so important.

Because any one player might be better or worse than their rating, but because ratings are so positively correlated with on-field performance, you are always going to be tethered to that mean. You might get a bit of a coaching effect overall... but you are going tied to that mean rating.

So, the guys like Gaines, Dissly, Pettis, Sid that punched above their weight are offset by the fact that some higher guys didn’t pan out (Hale, KJ) and lower guys were true to their ratings (Sosebee).

So at first it appeared Pete was a genius getting guys like Sid and Dante and Greg. But in the end you see the saddest story in the history of life which is good ole regression to the mean.
    None of Pete's (per 247 composite) first 3 classes were top 25 and yet here we are as basically a top 10- 15 team depending on how the ball bounces. One would think that if he can stack a few to 10- 15 classes then we are playing CFP level football.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I though the comment about what Sark would do with the current roster spot on. This is a 4-5 or 5-4 in conference team under Sark.

Also, I know we need to get good athletes at every position group, but not all groups are created equal. OL, DL and QB recruiting Uber Alles!!!! Some kind of German you were Herr Stausser.

I have hope though with Scottalica and Malloe fucking skrong know that, at least, Pete understands what needs to happen. Fucking eh, however, his process takes a long time. If Sark could get some decent front 7 guys that got us 2016's season, why couldn't we get the dudes we needed from 2015- 17?

Because any one player might be better or worse than their rating, but because ratings are so positively correlated with on-field performance, you are always going to be tethered to that mean. You might get a bit of a coaching effect overall... but you are going tied to that mean rating.

So, the guys like Gaines, Dissly, Pettis, Sid that punched above their weight are offset by the fact that some higher guys didn’t pan out (Hale, KJ) and lower guys were true to their ratings (Sosebee).

So at first it appeared Pete was a genius getting guys like Sid and Dante and Greg. But in the end you see the saddest story in the history of life which is good ole regression to the mean.
    None of Pete's (per 247 composite) first 3 classes were top 25 and yet here we are as basically a top 10- 15 team depending on how the ball bounces. One would think that if he can stack a few to 10- 15 classes then we are playing CFP level football.
    Welcome to three years ago.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086

Four pillars. We do a lot to maximize the guys we sign. Pete has always punched above his talent weight. He is currently recruiting like a cruiserweight in the heavyweights now though. Our top classes are super middleweight.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Four pillars. We do a lot to maximize the guys we sign. Pete has always punched above his talent weight. He is currently recruiting like a cruiserweight in the heavyweights now though. Our top classes are super middleweight.
    We are Wisconsin who can beat BYE!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You got @MrsPetersen ... the gauntlet has been thrown...

When are you gonna get @YellowSnow? Or better yet Pumpy?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,464
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

@NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    @NorwegianHusky
    We lost two games this year. Fuck off.
    But the running backs looks GOOD. So YOU fuck off pedobear.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

But with a deficient gameday experience.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Bruh, I have many row boat frens who went to HS in Madison and would regale me with tails of how great the place is. Hell, you can get a beer on at their HUB on the lake. How can we compete with this?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Bruh, I have many row boat frens who went to HS in Madison and would regale me with tails of how great the place is. Hell, you can get a beer on at their HUB on the lake. How can we compete with this?
    That's where I met my wife. Washington offers nothing that can compare.

The only thing UWus has over UWthem is E1. It is nice having a huge accessible space. By contrast in madison while all of the small lots are available for tailgating, the majority of work is done in the surrounding neighborhoods which are one giant party. All of the area bars are hopping and turn their parking lots into a tailgate environment.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,156
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wisconsin played in Seattle in 1992 and brought the whole band. They did the post game thing with the band at venerable Husky Stadium

They had just hired Alverez and were considered a cupcake but the DAWGS got booed for only winning by two or three TDs

Alverez backed out of the return game which would have been the year of his first Rose Bowl

He didn't believe I guess. They would have won rather easily