Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

John Coltrane and Miles Davis (1959)

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 61,837 Founders Club

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,695 Swaye's Wigwam
    It makes me somewhat blue that they didn't record together at some point in the mid 60s.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 61,837 Founders Club

It makes me somewhat blue that they didn't record together at some point in the mid 60s.

Same with Miles and Bill Evans. Never played together after Kind of Blue
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

This might be interesting.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Hacks. Boring ass

Hacks. Boring ass

The fuck are you talking about?
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

Hacks. Boring ass

Kill yourself
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,312 Founders Club
    I've never understood jazz. Probably because I am a noted dimwit.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 61,837 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I will tell a quick personal story from several years ago. There was a pretty girl I was seeing who was raised in India and had lived here a few years. She went to LSU but dropped out, then moved to the Seattle area. Long story, but an interesting story. Anyway, we were hanging out on the couch with the lights low and I was rubbing her back with my right hand. I glanced over and her head was suddenly tilted up with her eyes closed and a small smile on her face. I had no idea anything major was happening, so I was startled. I flashed a devilish smile and said "ohhh, you're liking DJ's soft touch huh?"

She said "well yeah, but REALLY enjoying that soft music. What is it?"

It was John Coltrane's "My Little Brown Book".

Swaye my friend, you can't get that kind of reaction from Side Two of Led Zeppelin 4.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I will tell a quick personal story from several years ago. There was a pretty girl I was seeing who was raised in India and had lived here a few years. She went to LSU but dropped out, then moved to the Seattle area. Long story, but an interesting story. Anyway, we were hanging out on the couch with the lights low and I was rubbing her back with my right hand. I glanced over and her head was suddenly tilted up with her eyes closed and a small smile on her face. I had no idea anything major was happening, so I was startled. I flashed a devilish smile and said "ohhh, you're liking DJ's soft touch huh?"

Swaye my friend, you can't get that kind of reaction from Side Two of Led Zeppelin 4.
    To be fair, the ladies I am with are usually drunk or on drugs and are often slapping me and screaming obscenities at me for foreplay.
    It might not work then.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

To be fair, the ladies I am with are usually drunk or on drugs and are often slapping me and screaming obscenities at me for foreplay.

Swaye said:

I thought Stalin just had his way with the ladies and didn't have to court them.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,312 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I thought Stalin just had his way with the ladies and didn't have to court them.
    Our Stalin is an old soul type dictator.
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Our Stalin is an old soul type dictator.

He can inspire the fairer sex to great heights.