Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

People forget these facts

LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,243
edited October 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
1) Jake will be gone after this year. No more audibles into fade routes. Trending up
2) Lake will leave soon to be a HC. Trending up because we get Kwat back at DC
3) recruiting is trending up, no more shit LB and lack of pass rush like we are seeing now.

On the negative, special teams is bad. Need to fix that this off-season and bring in a new coach. I’m not so sure Pete ever gets rid of Gregory, so we may be stuck with it.

Also, this will be our last loss of the season. I’ll take 10 or 11 wins on a rebuilding year any day faggots

Comments

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254

All the greats rebuild in year 5.

James was 6-5 in 1988; year 14 and three years before undefeated.

Just saying.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,584
    mobey said:

Just saying.
    What us Quooks don’t understand is you’ve seen this all before?

mobey said:

Just saying.
    Let's not compare CP to DJ & 2018 to 1988.

Different eras & different coaches.

At least DJ's special teams were always sound.
    UW loses as a 36-1/2 pt favorite on a blocked punt
    The point is that as great as James was, he didn't always win and sometimes it was because he stuck with shitty QBs like Tom Porras
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,734 Founders Club
    mobey said:

The point is that as great as James was, he didn't always win and sometimes it was because he stuck with shitty QBs like Tom Porras

Poont taken.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    Imposter....its longduckdong
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    My old man still calls him Piss Porrus
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,539 Founders Club
    The 1988 team sucked but they were in every gayme. They lost all five by a total of 45 or 50 points including a close loss to SUC in LA. I remember Kal killing us at halftime but we came back and won.

The 1988 team sucked but they were in every gayme. They lost all five by a total of 45 or 50 points including a close loss to SUC in LA. I remember Kal killing us at halftime but we came back and won.

I had to go back and look, because I thought the number was lower than 50. Sure enough, all 5 losses were by a combined score of 15 points.

The 1988 season made Don James take a walk to gain some perspective. When is Petersen going to do that, if ever?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    Last loss of the season? More like second year in a row losing to Penn State
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club

I had to go back and look, because I thought the number was lower than 50. Sure enough, all 5 losses were by a combined score of 15 points.

The 1988 season made Don James take a walk to gain some perspective. When is Petersen going to do that, if ever?
    What if we go 10-2 and the losses are by 6 points to Auburn and 3 at Oregon in OT?

Would that make Pete evaluate what he's doing here?
    godawgst said:

What if we go 10-2 and the losses are by 6 points to Auburn and 3 at Oregon in OT?

Would that make Pete evaluate what he's doing here?
    Pete still needs to evaluate things.

There are so many frustrating things this team does. That shit needs to be fixed. Fucking around on 2nd & 3, fucking up the 4th & 1, fizzling at midfield, not "being stubborn with the run" when it's working.

And I'm not any more accepting of DJ's 1988 shitshow. That was a frustrating season too. That team squandered opportunities too.