Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Are These Staff Grades Fair?

whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
Based on coaching and recruiting ability.
Lake(as a DC)-D,A
Hamdan-C-,B
Lubick-C,B-
Boner-C-,D
Paopoa-B,C
Kwit-A,F
Gregory-B-,F
Malloe-B,A-
Harris-Is he even alive?
Huff-B,A-

I get that it starts at the top and Pete's a loyal guy, but I see 3 black hole recruiters and a couple of coordinators who are struggling. Personally I'd shitcan Gregory and Boner for starters.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,600 Standard Supporter
    Gregory is NEVER getting fired.

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Gregory is coaching inside linebackers and special teams. Both those groups get an F after this game.

Gregory is NEVER getting fired.

Then that's on Pete and we are not serious about winning.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Agree. If you look at this objectively, the weakest parts of this team both have Gregory at the helm. So why is he untouchable?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    whuggy said:

Lake(as a DC)-D,A
    Hamdan-C-,B
    Lubick-C,B-
    Boner-C-,D
    Paopoa-B,C
    Kwit-A,F
    Gregory-B-,F
    Malloe-B,A-
    Harris-Is he even alive?
    Huff-B,A-

I get that it starts at the top and Pete's a loyal guy, but I see 3 black hole recruiters and a couple of coordinators who are struggling. Personally I'd shitcan Gregory and Boner for starters.

This is a great poast.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,952 Founders Club
    I'd shitcan the guy in charge. Dumb post.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

On defense, it’s hard to judge Jimmy right now because

He needs more time? These aren't his guys?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    We couldn't even kick the ball to UCLA and Oregon return men because they would get to the 50 rather easily
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

We couldn't even kick the ball to UCLA and Oregon return men because they would get to the 50 rather easily

Gregory has to go.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    So essentially we have taken our best coach and neutered him for the sake of keeping Jimmy. It's like having two quarterbacks. If you have two you have none which is really where we are with the DC position. I agree with Dennis that Lake is dealing with a shit sandwich so then what does coach K have to offer? If we are going there then you could justify adding Coach K to the shitcan list with Gregory and Bonerpop. I hate that suggestion because the guy would get snapped up but we gotta shit or get off the pot with the Lake/K situation. Make a decision because we already have enough deadwood as it is.
    Personally I'd can Gregory and throw money at Dennison. Boner you could probably find anyone better. On Lake/K you make the hard choice of losing a great recruiter or great coach. That's what Pete is getting 5 million bucks a year for. Saban would do it.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It can't be stated enough … your recruiting successes and failures today drive what your future looks like 2-3 years from now.

The part that is really hard with Gregory right now is that the special teams are absolute dogshit ad I'm not talking about kickers or punters but I'm talking about our coverage units and the inability to create anything significant in the return game.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

It can't be stated enough … your recruiting successes and failures today drive what your future looks like 2-3 years from now.

The part that is really hard with Gregory right now is that the special teams are absolute dogshit ad I'm not talking about kickers or punters but I'm talking about our coverage units and the inability to create anything significant in the return game.

You have major major problems when your safest play is to kick/punt the ball out of bounds and live with them starting at the 35 on the kickoff or wherever on the punt.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I have a hard time believing that Whitford isn't dealing with some kind of leg issue … he's much, much better than what he has shown so far this year.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

Gregory has to go.
    I haven't really followed how Oregon's LBs have played but Cort Denison might be a decent replacement if Pete drops Gregory
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I've defended Gregory. I don't think he's a bad coach, but the special teams have been terrible this year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    whuggy said:

Lake(as a DC)-D,A
    Hamdan-C-,B
    Lubick-C,B-
    Boner-C-,D
    Paopoa-B,C
    Kwit-A,F
    Gregory-B-,F
    Malloe-B,A-
    Harris-Is he even alive?
    Huff-B,A-

Lake is a B even as a DC. A as a secondary coach.

Boner isn't a D as a recruiter. Have no idea how he's a C- as a coach. Our RB's have been good under him. Coleman improved a ton. Same for Paopoa.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

whuggy said:

Lake(as a DC)-D,A
    Hamdan-C-,B
    Lubick-C,B-
    Boner-C-,D
    Paopoa-B,C
    Kwit-A,F
    Gregory-B-,F
    Malloe-B,A-
    Harris-Is he even alive?
    Huff-B,A-

Lake is a B even as a DC. A as a secondary coach.

Boner isn't a D as a recruiter. Have no idea how he's a C- as a coach. Our RB's have been good under him. Coleman improved a ton. Same for Paopoa.
    I am way more confident in our RBs after watching Pleasant and McGrew step in without missing a beat.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

I've defended Gregory. I don't think he's a bad coach, but the special teams have been terrible this year.

that is a mark of bad coach