Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

All my shitty takeaways

I have a lot, and I was nearly blacked out by game’s end, so about half of these are likely total bullshit. If you downvote me I’ll spam PM you nudes of obk’s girlfriend (trust me, you don’t want that. She’s not ugly, she’s just underaged).

-Pete continues to cement his legacy here as a coach who can’t win a big game. I can understand his decision making in the final minute as he was probably having flashbacks of Deontae Cooper, but at the end of the day his kicker who he recruited and he coaches missed from the spot that he setup for him. Peyton Henry is trash, but he’s Pete’s trash and he gets the blame for that.

-Holy shit special teams has become an unmitigated disaster. We have an awful return game in punts and kickoffs. Our coverage teams routinely allows everyone to get past the 40. Both our punters can’t even fucking punt. How the fuck did they get on scholarship? Does Pete just assume all Australians can punt and hand schollies out in some sort of lottery system? No words needed for the kickers. Can’t consistently boot it into the end zone and can’t make kicks when it matters. After being a point of emphasis and strength for Pete in his first four years (FG kicking notwithstanding), it’s beyond inexplicable how bad they have gotten. The entire special teams needs to be taken out back old yeller style (I still never advocate for the firing squad deaths of the players).

- Our front seven has become so painfully average. Our linebackers I understand more as we’ve recruited like shit and it’s showing now. BBK is somehow the only player worth a shit at this spot (and he’s one of my favorite defenders, fuck me for ever hopping on the Dennis bandwagon of hatred. And for all the idiots who continue to say Wellington is better, do us a favor and kill yourself). #MyTevis is average, and whichever warm body we rotate in at SAM continues to be a non-factor. Ryan Bowman is worse than he was last year. Meanwhile, our DL depth is paper thin, which I think is the primary reason that all of Gaines, String, and Levi look like they haven’t improved this year (Levi especially, he looked great last year and I thought he was going to jump to All American level this year). We just can’t expect those guys to play 90% of the downs, that’s not realistic for any DL. There’s still a ton of issues with their lack of rush technique, but when a guy like John Clark is getting significant minutes in the 4th quarter of the biggest game of the year (yes I know String was ejected) you know you fucked up on the recruiting trail 2-3 years ago.

-Awful game from the receivers. For such a fantastic unit that has been a revelation this year, they shit the bed hard yesterday. Besides the drops they had, those fuckers couldn’t get open to save their lives. Fuller had what, two catches? Keith Heyward’s average DBs blanketed our losers all game long, and our OL and Browning somehow managing to buy time for them to get open is the only thing that kept our passing game afloat. When a team consistently brings 5-6 rushers, there is no excuse to not have one guy open on a quick slant/flat/comeback/fuckoff route to bail your QB out.

-Browning didn’t (and maybe no longer?) suck(s). Yeah his physical tools are insanely unremarkable. His release takes too long, his arm strength is trash, he’s about as fast as Crip(pled) Keith Price was, and his first pick was an absolute abomination. But fuck me that kid had balls last night. He brought us back from a 4th quarter deficit in the most hostile environment this team has ever played in, complete with what should have been a 60 yard drive that chewed clock at the perfect rate to setup the easy game winner (saying fuck Pete and fuck Henry is exhausting at this point). He continues to get pounded and never breaks, and throws his body around with reckless abandon. We’re going to be a lot better next year when we have a QB with actual arm talent, but Jake is a fucking warrior with some actual fucking grit, and he’s a god damn inspiration to every unathletic white kid out there who somehow stumbled into a starting QB role. Fuck you if you disagree.

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Browning proved yet again he is just a stat hound. Checking into a fucking fade.

Christ.

Disagree. I think he was just stupid and thought that was a good play.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

Browning proved yet again he is just a stat hound. Checking into a fucking fade.

Christ.

Disagree. I think he was just stupid and thought that was a good play.
    Yep. He thought it was the right call because of what he saw (single coverage on Ty, and possibly the numbers in the box but we don't know that).

It wasn't, because it ignores context. Throwing a fade on third down is NEVER the right call. Bad situational football. Plain and simple.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,030
    Don’t forget it was a horrible throw as well
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

I have a lot, and I was nearly blacked out by game’s end, so about half of these are likely total bullshit. If you downvote me I’ll spam PM you nudes of obk’s girlfriend (trust me, you don’t want that. She’s not ugly, she’s just underaged).

-Pete continues to cement his legacy here as a coach who can’t win a big game. I can understand his decision making in the final minute as he was probably having flashbacks of Deontae Cooper, but at the end of the day his kicker who he recruited and he coaches missed from the spot that he setup for him. Peyton Henry is trash, but he’s Pete’s trash and he gets the blame for that.

-Holy shit special teams has become an unmitigated disaster. We have an awful return game in punts and kickoffs. Our coverage teams routinely allows everyone to get past the 40. Both our punters can’t even fucking punt. How the fuck did they get on scholarship? Does Pete just assume all Australians can punt and hand schollies out in some sort of lottery system? No words needed for the kickers. Can’t consistently boot it into the end zone and can’t make kicks when it matters. After being a point of emphasis and strength for Pete in his first four years (FG kicking notwithstanding), it’s beyond inexplicable how bad they have gotten. The entire special teams needs to be taken out back old yeller style (I still never advocate for the firing squad deaths of the players).

- Our front seven has become so painfully average. Our linebackers I understand more as we’ve recruited like shit and it’s showing now. BBK is somehow the only player worth a shit at this spot (and he’s one of my favorite defenders, fuck me for ever hopping on the Dennis bandwagon of hatred. And for all the idiots who continue to say Wellington is better, do us a favor and kill yourself). #MyTevis is average, and whichever warm body we rotate in at SAM continues to be a non-factor. Ryan Bowman is worse than he was last year. Meanwhile, our DL depth is paper thin, which I think is the primary reason that all of Gaines, String, and Levi look like they haven’t improved this year (Levi especially, he looked great last year and I thought he was going to jump to All American level this year). We just can’t expect those guys to play 90% of the downs, that’s not realistic for any DL. There’s still a ton of issues with their lack of rush technique, but when a guy like John Clark is getting significant minutes in the 4th quarter of the biggest game of the year (yes I know String was ejected) you know you fucked up on the recruiting trail 2-3 years ago.

-Awful game from the receivers. For such a fantastic unit that has been a revelation this year, they shit the bed hard yesterday. Besides the drops they had, those fuckers couldn’t get open to save their lives. Fuller had what, two catches? Keith Heyward’s average DBs blanketed our losers all game long, and our OL and Browning somehow managing to buy time for them to get open is the only thing that kept our passing game afloat. When a team consistently brings 5-6 rushers, there is no excuse to not have one guy open on a quick slant/flat/comeback/fuckoff route to bail your QB out.

-Browning didn’t (and maybe no longer?) suck(s). Yeah his physical tools are insanely unremarkable. His release takes too long, his arm strength is trash, he’s about as fast as Crip(pled) Keith Price was, and his first pick was an absolute abomination. But fuck me that kid had balls last night. He brought us back from a 4th quarter deficit in the most hostile environment this team has ever played in, complete with what should have been a 60 yard drive that chewed clock at the perfect rate to setup the easy game winner (saying fuck Pete and fuck Henry is exhausting at this point). He continues to get pounded and never breaks, and throws his body around with reckless abandon. We’re going to be a lot better next year when we have a QB with actual arm talent, but Jake is a fucking warrior with some actual fucking grit, and he’s a god damn inspiration to every unathletic white kid out there who somehow stumbled into a starting QB role. Fuck you if you disagree.

Tl;dr.

Disagree.

Fuck you too.