Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The beer factor

Was at the game today. Beer stands everywhere. People drank a shit ton of beer. I assume this revenue goes straight to the athletic department. Lack of beer in stands is going to set us behind financially.

Advantage Oregon.

Oh yeah. Jake browning sucks and hamdam sucks balls calling a game. Fucking fade into the corner of the end zone. Fuck me. Fuck.

Comments

• jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    I will tell you their fans were way louder and passionate than most of the stiffs at husky stadium.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,733 Founders Club
    Wet blanket brand of football leads to a wet blanket crowd. If this team wasn't so frustrating to watch, the fans would get into it, booze or no booze.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

Was at the game today. Beer stands everywhere. People drank a shit ton of beer. I assume this revenue goes straight to the athletic department. Lack of beer in stands is going to set us behind financially.

Advantage Oregon.

Oh yeah. Jake browning sucks and hamdam sucks balls calling a game. Fucking fade into the corner of the end zone. Fuck me. Fuck.

Did you see Kavy?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    UW crowd is great when it's a big game. We get maybe one big game a year.

You think Oregon was going crazy for SJSU?
  • JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,562 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

I will tell you their fans were way louder and passionate than most of the stiffs at husky stadium.

Alcohol will drive all of those stiff old blue hairs away who keep yelling "sit down" all game.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,947 Founders Club
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

Wet blanket brand of football leads to a wet blanket crowd. If this team wasn't so frustrating to watch, the fans would get into it, booze or no booze.

Disagree. Abundant alcohol in the stadium will keep our geriatric fans loud and actually in their seats.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488

Disagree. Abundant alcohol in the stadium will keep our geriatric fans loud and actually in their seats.
    That is what I saw in Eugene. Prices were reasonable for stadium pops as well.
  • El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,174 Swaye's Wigwam
    $7 bucks for 16 oz cans of Coors, Coors Light and some other stuff. Cash Only, which made things move quickly. And you could get a stamp so you didn't have to show your ID every time. It can work!
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    El_K said:

$7 bucks for 16 oz cans of Coors, Coors Light and some other stuff. Cash Only, which made things move quickly. And you could get a stamp so you didn't have to show your ID every time. It can work!

Jesus Christ. God damn Amateur hour. I'm 43 years old I've been drinking in the stands for over 20 years. It's not that difficult.
  • DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,488
    Hey dipshit. I drink in the stands, too. Yes, it's not hard - everyone knows that. My point is we are at a disadvantage revenue-wise. They are making millions on their beer sales, I bet.
    Pull your head out. You sound older than 43 and poor.
    HuskyJW said:

El_K said:

Jesus Christ. God damn Amateur hour. I'm 43 years old I've been drinking in the stands for over 20 years. It's not that difficult.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,344 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Hey dipshit. I drink in the stands, too. Yes, it's not hard - everyone knows that. My point is we are at a disadvantage revenue-wise. They are making millions on their beer sales, I bet.
    Pull your head out. You sound older than 43 and poor.

HuskyJW said:

El_K said:

Teams Win Because People will stand in line and pay $42 for a six pack

Kill yourself
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    HuskyJW said:

El_K said:

Cool. I assume so have most of us here given the demographic of rule flaunting shitheads we have. The point still stands that our crowd has gotten soft and 90% of them sobering up the entire game does not help that element.