Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Way to go Lake

Comments

• HHBruhHHBruh Member Posts: 501
    Hearing 5 is dirty. Don’t @ me MFr
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    jecornel said:

Dhdawg your takes are shit awful. It's Molden time. Molden is a baller. Teams that target Myles have been successful doing so. Your short memory sucks.

This game came down to kicker.

Murphy gets a pass. He is a great player.

Myles play on the TD was good coverage, if you watch the replay he twisted himself up a bit. Had he had one extra step (height issue) probably could have shoved him out of bounds. Oh well, its to late now.

So you are impressed with Lake as DC?

Murphy gets a pass but not Bryant. Cool.

Also nice straw man on the lake thing. He's not been good as a defensive coordinator. I have yet to see one person who disagrees.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    jecornel said:

Dhdawg your takes are shit awful. It's Molden time. Molden is a baller. Teams that target Myles have been successful doing so. Your short memory sucks.

Myles play on the TD was good coverage, if you watch the replay he twisted himself up a bit. Had he had one extra step (height issue) probably could have shoved him out of bounds. Oh well, its to late now.

Until the Oregon game, I had never seen Molden do anything good.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

jecornel said:

It was definitely his best game by far. He obviously got up for it.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

jecornel said:

He has played well so far this year. Going to be really good.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    I like Molden, but he's been beat quite a bit, too. You can say it was an inch, but Bryant wasted time peaking back at a QB who had two Husky defenders in front of him as if he was going to offer any help if Herbert pulled it down and ran. Fuck that, stay locked in on your guy. But that's kids; they do dumb shit like that, just like Murphy trying to jump a route in the flat to let UCLA have an easy fade TD the week before. Or BBK getting out of his lane to spy on a QB that already has a spy on him at Utah.

Bryant's not the problem.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    jecornel said:

jecornel said:

He wasn't good today. Oregon exploited a weakness. Point chrystacrap

It was two plays. Other DB's had some bad plays too.The one in OT hurt. Bryant has earned his spot by playing well. Murphy had some bad ones.
    I don't hate Bryant, but teams that target him have succes. Plenty of evidence of that. He is a great tackler. I just really like Molden. Murphy had some tough plays, Mitchell is quick, good player. He made a better play than Murphy.

Corner is a difficult position and even harder at 5'7". It's just a fact. Jimmy also loves Myles.
    Myles has significantly improved his coverage skills this year
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,053
    Huskies gave up 10 passing TD's in 2017. Bryant was responsible for 5 of them. We have given up 5 this year with Bryant being responsible for 1. Thats 40% in less than 2 years. All I know is you are benched at championship level programs.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The numbers would tell you that Lake is doing just fine as a DC
    RealRhino said:

I like Molden, but he's been beat quite a bit, too. You can say it was an inch, but Bryant wasted time peaking back at a QB who had two Husky defenders in front of him as if he was going to offer any help if Herbert pulled it down and ran. Fuck that, stay locked in on your guy. But that's kids; they do dumb shit like that, just like Murphy trying to jump a route in the flat to let UCLA have an easy fade TD the week before. Or BBK getting out of his lane to spy on a QB that already has a spy on him at Utah.

Bryant's not the problem.

I'm not saying Bryant's the problem with defense. I think it's well documemted what the problems are. Bryant is limited by his height, its simply a fact. Corner is a difficult position.

Molden has been playing more for a reason. He is good.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Tequilla said:

The numbers would tell you that Lake is doing just fine as a DC

They gave up 31 ponts
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    They gave up 24 in regulation ... keep things apples to apples please
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977
    jecornel said:

El_K said:

This is on the special teams.

Did you notice #13 making plays against Mr. Bryant?
    Well, #13 makes plays on a lot of people, and the guy throwing to him is putting the ball where it's hard for the other guy to make a play.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,977

jecornel said:

El_K said:

Well, #13 makes plays on a lot of people, and the guy throwing to him is putting the ball where it's hard for the other guy to make a play.
    Having said that, Bryant seems like Washington's Thomas Graham. The other Oregon DBs are ok, some are good, but Graham is burnt toast

jecornel said:

El_K said:

Mitchell is good. He would look good in purple and gold.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Any semblance of a pass rusher on the edge and Bryant, Murphy, Taylor, McCintosh look like All Americans.
  • skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    Cover photo for Lake's resume.

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236
    No pass rush = ordinary looking sefondary.

You can only do so much.

Remember when we had vea? No fly zone in the secondary.

If we had vea this year all you guys would be talking about Rapp leaving this year for the NFL draft
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter

Fire Jimmy Lake!!! Probably the worst corch on our staff.

He gone at the end of the year, anyway. Prep Kwat to return to playcylling duties next year and get another good DB coach in here, pronto.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911

Fire Jimmy Lake!!! Probably the worst corch on our staff.

Remember, Tequila was FIRST!