Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Petersen was staunchly defending Browning in the post game radio interview

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
He has coddled him for four years.

And let's be honest, the slow-developing swing pass that was completed to McGrew for 26 yards should have been a pick 6 for Oregon. My heart was in my throat as the ball was in the air.

Okay I'm done complaining about today

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    Meek said:

god i want to love Pete, but his Browning disease and his placekicker problem have had 5 fucking years to get fixed and we are still dealing with fucking up when we have a chance to win. The fucking chart says don't run another play to try to get a few more yards because you might fumble...well...those couple of yards are critical for our fucktarded kicking game. god damn it what a disappointment.

this sums up how I feel 100%
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Browning was terrible. The only reason his stat line was good at all is Oregon had no pass rush whatsoever and he could just dance around forever.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,733 Founders Club
    Pete needs to look in the mirror.

I don't even hate Jake. He has many limitations. It's Pete's fault that he tries to get Browning to execute plays like he's Aaron Rodgers.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    dhdawg said:

Browning was terrible. The only reason his stat line was good at all is Oregon had no pass rush whatsoever and he could just dance around forever.

well, Browning was under pressure quite a bit
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

dhdawg said:

well, Browning was under pressure quite a bit
    yeah, and all of it was a result of him holding the ball too long. the pass protection was outstanding.
    AZDuck said:

Come on, no coach worth a shit is going to call out his QB publicly. If he did he’d be a piece of shit.

No, that's not what I mean. I agree that would be terrible. I mean that he emphatically began defending Jake when Jake wasn't even being attacked at all by the milquetoast announcer (I still don't know his name)
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

He has coddled him for four years.

And let's be honest, the slow-developing swing pass that was completed to McGrew for 26 yards should have been a pick 6 for Oregon. My heart was in my throat as the ball was in the air.

Okay I'm done complaining about today

No
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

AZDuck said:

Come on, no coach worth a shit is going to call out his QB publicly. If he did he’d be a piece of shit.

No, that's not what I mean. I agree that would be terrible. I mean that he emphatically began defending Jake when Jake wasn't even being attacked at all by the milquetoast announcer (I still don't know his name)
    Oh, I switched to UM-Wisky
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,947 Founders Club

I don't even hate Jake. He has many limitations. It's Pete's fault that he tries to get Browning to execute plays like he's Aaron Rodgers.

Also Pete's fault for not finding a better QB in 4 years, and for hiring retards for OCs.
    PurpleJ said:

Browning had a great 2nd half. Yes that swing throw was pick worthy, but he played well under pressure. Put this on the coaches 100%.

If you've seen my posts, I've been doing just that.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,733 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Also Pete's fault for not finding a better QB in 4 years, and for hiring retards for OCs.
    And for not getting rid of retarded assistants quickly enough.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,947 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Browning had a great 2nd half. Yes that swing throw was pick worthy, but he played well under pressure. Put this on the coaches 100%.

If you've seen my posts, I've been doing just that.
    I should have quoted dhdawg.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I thought Browning was fairly solid except for the interception. He made some big plays that hurt.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    Browning played well enough to win. Your run defense was horrible however. The targeting call was BS as from the downfield angle, you could see that it wasn’t h2h contact. It looked like obvious targeting from the sideline angle. But it wasn’t. Kudos for knocking 2 of their O lineman out though. Should help my Cougs. But dare I say Oregon was the moar physical team today.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,584
    salemcoog said:

Browning played well enough to win. Your run defense was horrible however. The targeting call was BS as from the downfield angle, you could see that it wasn’t h2h contact. It looked like obvious targeting from the sideline angle. But it wasn’t. Kudos for knocking 2 of their O lineman out though. Should help my Cougs. But dare I say Oregon was the moar physical team today.

Oregon had a player ejected for an even softer (but same scenario) targeting in the first half, so...