Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The difference between this year and last year is evident, but there still remains a fatal flaw

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
This team plays with poise that I felt we severely lacked last year and even in 2016. That last drive was absolutely beautiful. I don't believe last year's team comes back from 24-17 down to have a 37 yard FG to win. They probably lose this game 31-17 or something.

But this team lacks the killer instinct that Pete's teams always had in Boise. You wait and wait and wait for them to finally make a big play on defense and it just never comes. Dropping 8 on 3rd and 11 in OT is pussy football. Letting the opponent easily convert 4th and 1 after 4th and 1 is just simply pathetic.

Also Petersen has now had 5 years to fix FG kicking, just embarrassing.

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I like Pete. I thought Henry would make the kick. The players seemed confident. Pete is the most high strung guy. Every time the camera pans to him he looks on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

I like Pete. I thought Henry would make the kick. The players seemed confident. Pete is the most high strung guy. Every time the camera pans to him he looks on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I like Pete. I still feel we will win the conference and I feel like that final step will be taken at some point. But god damn it's frustrating right now.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,733 Founders Club
    Pete has no balls. He fucks things up during crucial times in the game.