Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sark = Mike Stoops & Arizona cares more than UW

This isn't just because Rich Rod is coaching a great game...

I pointed this out in an offseason editorial which Derek posted. Mike Stoops improved Arizona's lot but peaked out at 8 wins after 7 seasons and was a clown on the sideline. Their AD came in, fired him and hired a proven good coach. Not saying Arizona is going to be a contender but we could learn from what they did, what Oregon did with Belotti, what WSU did to get Leach, Stanford firing Teevens and Harris after 2-3 seasons, ASU canning Erickson after 5 years etc.

Comments

• I remember in 2010 when Arizona started off 7-1 several Doogs were "hoping" that Sark could turn into the next Wrong Stoops.

Well they got their fucking wish........
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

This isn't just because Rich Rod is coaching a great game...

I pointed this out in an offseason editorial which Derek posted. Mike Stoops improved Arizona's lot but peaked out at 8 wins after 7 seasons and was a clown on the sideline. Their AD came in, fired him and hired a proven good coach. Not saying Arizona is going to be a contender but we could learn from what they did, what Oregon did with Belotti, what WSU did to get Leach, Stanford firing Teevens and Harris after 2-3 seasons, ASU canning Erickson after 5 years etc.

He was canned in the middle of the season too, and after a hard part of the schedule that exposed Stoops. It was kind of a cutthroat move but the right one.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

I remember in 2010 when Arizona started off 7-1 several Doogs were "hoping" that Sark could turn into the next Wrong Stoops.

Well they got their fucking wish........

Nominated