Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2019 safety depth chart update

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Lake will find a way. I feel one of Irvin or Gordon might end up at safety. Regardless I feel like Cam Williams likely plays right away.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797

Lake will find a way. I feel one of Irvin or Gordon might end up at safety. Regardless I feel like Cam Williams likely plays right away.

That’s the problem. Aside from McKinney (who’s good), everybody in the two deeps will be either (1) a RS frosh or (2) a true frosh or (3) a Gilchrist.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,502 Swaye's Wigwam
    Any chance Rapp comes back for a senior year? Wouldnt be the first time someone stays when they could be a high draft pick
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308
    Not really worried, we play nobody nonconf in '19, by the time we get to conference play whoever plays will be fine
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

Any chance Rapp comes back for a senior year? Wouldnt be the first time someone stays when they could be a high draft pick

no
    Losing Joyner obviously sucks ass but I wholeheartedly believe in Jimmy Lake. He'll figure it out. Maybe Gilchrist takes a step forward. Or Gordon or Irving could be very good there by next year. There's too much talent in the secondary, he'll find somebody who's ready before we expected them to be.

And McKinney's going to be a star.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,416 Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Those are two of the three best safeties to ever wear a Husky uniform. Guys like that don’t come around every year. Or every decade.

And even Budda was mediocre as a frosh.

Budda played right away.

Julius and Kyler get a year in the system and up to four games even if it comes to that.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,308

Not really worried, we play nobody nonconf in '19, by the time we get to conference play whoever plays will be fine

Btw shut down the program if we lose two games next year

Altitude
    SEC style
    Desert
    Altitude
    Trees

There are five losable games there.

Okay I'm joking about SEC but I'll be legitimately nervous for at Arizona and at Stanford.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club

BYU & Colorado will be tough, because... well...

ALTITUDE!!
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited October 2018
    As long as Jimmy stays around we’ll be fine, there’s still half of this season to get guys into games and the cushiest first month of the schedule next year. I will miss him most on special teams this year, with Bierra, Turner and Azeem gone we still haven’t looked good on coverage this year.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,711 Swaye's Wigwam

How do we play California, Oregon, USC, Utah, Wazzu, at Arizona, at Colorado, at Oregon State, and at Stanford all on the same day?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Domicillo said:

As long as Jimmy stays around we’ll be fine, there’s still half of this season to get guys into games and the cushiest first month of the schedule next year. I will miss him most on special teams this year, with Bierra, Turner and Azeem gone we still haven’t looked good on coverage this year.

Jimmy will be at Oklahoma

ALTITUDE!!
    53 feet bitch!
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    I fully expect Kyler Gordon to start alongside McKinney at safety. He showed a lot more as a tackler and run defender in his film compared to Irvin.

Keith Taylor and Myles Bryant are locks to start at 2 of the corner spots.

The toss up will be the other outside corner spot... Molden, Hampton, and Irvin all have a shot there.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,731 Founders Club

ALTITUDE!!
    53 feet bitch!
    You are an asshole of the highest order.
    NEsnake12 said:

I fully expect Kyler Gordon to start alongside McKinney at safety. He showed a lot more as a tackler and run defender in his film compared to Irvin.

Keith Taylor and Myles Bryant are locks to start at 2 of the corner spots.

The toss up will be the other outside corner spot... Molden, Hampton, and Irvin all have a shot there.

I think there's a non zero chance Murphy comes back. It's not real likely but he's not a first round lock like Rapp and has been semi disappointing so far this year. If he ends the year with less than 3 picks I almost guarantee he's back, and he's got a ways to go to get there. I think he turns it on down the stretch, but if he doesn't he'll be back and out for blood next year.

Marcus Peters had a better RS sophomore year than Murphy has and even he returned for his junior year, even during a coaching change.

SoYoureTellingMeTheresAChance.gif