Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Damn... Joyner and Pulu

13»

Comments

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    tough break for both. Probably the best move for Joyner though
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

animate said:

Hey, how does this work?

If a guy is on schollie does he get to ride out the rest of the time on medical retirement 'shipped?

How about walk ons?

Can you 'ship a player and then reward him with a medical retirement later?

Should I even be talking about this?

Just wondering...

Medical means the kid gets a free education but no longer counts on the scholarship limit for the team.

Walk on are not on scholarship, so they don’t really matter in this case.
    Yeah, but what i mean is can you put a guy you know who's probably going to get a medical retirement onto scholarship ... You know, as a reward?

So the guy gets a free education and you get good karma?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    animate said:

animate said:

Hey, how does this work?

If a guy is on schollie does he get to ride out the rest of the time on medical retirement 'shipped?

How about walk ons?

Just wondering...

Medical means the kid gets a free education but no longer counts on the scholarship limit for the team.

Yeah, but what i mean is can you put a guy you know who's probably going to get a medical retirement onto scholarship ... You know, as a reward?

Can't see why not. There might be a rule against blatantly doing it but it would be very hard to prove as long as you timed things right.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

animate said:

animate said:

Hey, how does this work?

How about walk ons?

Just wondering...

Can't see why not. There might be a rule against blatantly doing it but it would be very hard to prove as long as you timed things right.
    Well .... Good for Jared then.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    If I am joyner, i would seek second opinion and graduate transfer. Kid has the ability to play on sunday, should be given the chance to do so. IMO

If I am joyner, i would seek second opinion and graduate transfer. Kid has the ability to play on sunday, should be given the chance to do so. IMO

I highly doubt they just retired him with no say from him.

but i highly doubt, the kid wanted to retire. He worked so hard for past 5+ years to get to this point. I pretty sure he want to fulfil this childhood dream of playing in the NFL

but i highly doubt, the kid wanted to retire. He worked so hard for past 5+ years to get to this point. I pretty sure he want to fulfil this childhood dream of playing in the NFL
    Of course he wanted to, what kind of throwaway non point is that?

Kid's had one too many head injuries. I'm guessing he's aware of that.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    He had a few from HS already.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    edited October 2018

Joyner has been extremely injury conscious since high school. Most schools, including us initially, wanted him at RB but he insisted he wanted to play defense instead because of the high injury rates at RB. He was known as a hard-hitter in HS and as many have mentioned already, had several concussions in HS and has had multiple since being at UW. I'm sure he's been really aware and frustrated by of all of this for a while and it's not like he and his family don't get a say in the decision to medically retire. Sucks to have something you love taken away from you for things out of your control, but it's disingenuous to claim he hasn't already thought all this through or should fight the outcome.
    Domicillo said:

Joyner has been extremely injury conscious since high school. Most schools, including us initially, wanted him at RB but he insisted he wanted to play defense instead because of the high injury rates at RB. He was known as a hard-hitter in HS and as many have mentioned already, had several concussions in HS and has had multiple since being at UW. I'm sure he's been really aware and frustrated by of all of this for a while and it's not like he and his family don't get a say in the decision to medically retire. Sucks to have something you love taken away from you for things out of your control, but it's disingenuous to claim he hasn't already thought all this through or should fight the outcome.
    I just feel bad for the kid, caz he has the talent for it and not be given the opportunity to display it sucks