Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I have faith in Husky football

Someday we will hire a decent coach and the Iron Laws will kick in and all will be well. Too many people care too much about Husky football for us to become Minnesota.

There have been down periods before.

From Dobie, to Bagshaw, to Phelan, from 1908 to WWII, Washington football maintained a standard of excellence.

Then upper campus made the mistake of firing Phelan. We went through four coaches and 12 years of mostly bad seasons before the arrival of Owens. Washington became dominant again.

But Owens couldn't adapt to two platoon football. So we went through another 10 years of mediocrity.

And then came Don James. 18 years of excellence.

But when James left all was not lost.

Under Lambo/Neu we won a Rose Bowl, and finished second in the PAC multiple times. It wasn't the same as the dominance of the early '60s, the early '80s or the early '90s, but it was pretty damn good.

Then came the dark times. BUT IT WILL END.

This program had the will and desire to rebuild Husky Stadium and turn it into a palace of college football. They have the will to pay their coaches more than any team on the west coast. I am not an uberwalet Tyee, but I know some of them. They will tolerate crappy football longer than we will, but they will not put up with it forever. Sark will win a championship soon or he will be gone.

So have faith. A new day will dawn. Someday.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Great coaches win. That's the only IRON LAW.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Face it. We are fucked until Sark fires himself. We are not a big-time program anymore. Take your iron laws and shove them up your twat.

Here is my prediction for the future:

2013- 8-5
    2014- 9-5
    2015- 7-6
    2016- 4-8 SARK FIRED

• Options
    Mike_HonchoMike_Honcho Member Posts: 214
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Face it. We are fucked until Sark fires himself. We are not a big-time program anymore. Take your iron laws and shove them up your twat.

2013- 8-5
    2014- 9-5
    2015- 7-6
    2016- 4-8 SARK FIRED

2013 - 8-5???? Really?

Even some of the dumbest doogs realize that the game against the Boovers is a loss. All of the prognosticators at HHB understand this. Did you realize that Sark has not won at Reser yet?

What evidence do you have at any point of this season that tells you Sark will out coach Leach?

We are looking at 6-6 and the retention of Sark for another 5-7/6-6 2014 campaign.

Wake up man
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,642
    Standard Supporter
    I wish I had the same optimism. It has been 20 years with one year of real excitement. The future looks pretty average until there is a change. That will not happen for some time.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    If you disagree, why are you even here? You have to believe Husky football will return.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    sorry dude, but the Minnesotafication of UW is a real possibility at this point
  • Options

If you disagree, why are you even here? You have to believe Husky football will return.

I believe Husky football CAN return, but only if we hire a great coach. There are no laws guaranteeing our resurgence, only one guaranteeing if we continue to hire mediocrity we will continue to be mediocre.
  • Options
    Stopped reading at Iron Laws. STFU
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,474
    Founders Club

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,642
    Standard Supporter

Do you really need an answer to this?
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Yes. If it can't be saved, why waste time talking about it?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

2013- 8-5
    2014- 9-5
    2015- 7-6
    2016- 4-8 SARK FIRED

2013 - 8-5???? Really?

Even some of the dumbest doogs realize that the game against the Boovers is a loss. All of the prognosticators at HHB understand this. Did you realize that Sark has not won at Reser yet?

What evidence do you have at any point of this season that tells you Sark will out coach Leach?

We are looking at 6-6 and the retention of Sark for another 5-7/6-6 2014 campaign.

Wake up man
    Why get your panties in a bunch over a meaningless prediction? The point is to show how Sark can accomplish nothing and be here for 8 seasons not debate over specific games.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

2013- 8-5
    2014- 9-5
    2015- 7-6
    2016- 4-8 SARK FIRED

2013 - 8-5???? Really?

Wake up man
    They probably lose tonight at OSU, and then the script with Sark has always been he beats equal to average teams at home. Wazzu is average at best.

THe sad thing is after the pending plunger rape tonight, the doogs again will move the goalposts so the APPLE CUP NOW BECOMES the "Save his job game".

Hopefully the team has quit on him by then. I want him gone as much as anyone but 7-5 is a real possibility.
  • Options

jecornel said:

Who's saying it can't be saved?

Your reading comprehension issues are popping up again.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,474
    Founders Club

jecornel said:

Actually it's a valid question, Which is why I'm eyeballing UCLA and Rutgers for '14.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited November 2013
    Jesus Christ, what is this some fucking AA meeting, or a fucking self help book where you have to write a letter of faith?

• Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

Too many people care too much about Husky football for us to become Minnesota.

Many decades ago some Minnesota fans were probably sitting around thinking "Too many people care too much about Gopher football for us to become Army"

As long as the current administration remains at Montlake....I have no faith that UW football will ever "return to glory".

Sorry
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Even as a HHB, Aubbie is a doog.

You're not cut out for winning.
  • Options
    The UW AD wants to win. Woodward and those around him understand how crucial football is. That's why they did the stadium. That's why he paid to steal away Tosh, Wilcox, etc.

They just haven't hired the right head coach. Hopefully the next search process will succeed.