Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PLU vs. Linfield Playoff Official Thread 11:30 Saturday

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I never understood why anyone would play D-3 football. All of that hard work and chance of injury to play in front of a couple hundred people. High school games are a bigger deal.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

I never understood why anyone would play D-3 football. All of that hard work and chance of injury to play in front of a couple hundred people. High school games are a bigger deal.

you don't have to play! Just watch
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    free pub is free pub
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160

Linfield-PLU will be a blast, very entertaining brand of football. Those kids love to play the game - 175 kids show up for tryouts at Linfield every year. And needless to say they all go to class. Kind of refreshing really.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Linfield-PLU will be a blast, very entertaining brand of football. Those kids love to play the game - 175 kids show up for tryouts at Linfield every year. And needless to say they all go to class. Kind of refreshing really.
    I hear you. My cousin and high school teammate played for Linfield a few years back. I went to a few games, and they had a pretty good team. It wasn't bad football to watch. Speaking for myself, I would have a tough time staying motivated to play at that level. I love football, but football practice sucks, and sacrificing your social life to play in front of sparse crowds for not much glory didn't sound very appealing to me.

Linfield is just another trash Oregon school as far as the Apostle is concerned. Fuck Linfield. Anyway, there is more football going on in this state. Complaining about Montlake bungling gets old after a while.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

as far as the Apostle is concerned.

No.
  • DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201

Linfield is just another trash Oregon school as far as the Apostle is concerned. Fuck Linfield.

Easy there... They are both good schools... a lot of my friends went to PLU... my cousin played OL for them. I attended Linfield for a year before transferring to the UW. This was back in 82, when they won the NC. I didn't play... just a student... but I lived in the dorms with a bunch of guys on the teams. Their starting tight end is now the Seahawks Sr Vp / Legal counsel. Good memories... and it was never just a couple hundred people at the games, they had a serious following for a Div 3 school (it was NAIA Div2 back then).

Ad Rutschman was there coach, only college coach, at any level, to have coached a championship team in both football and baseball. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Rutschman.

PLU's legendary coach, Frosty Westering, passed away earlier this year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frosty_Westering

The Linfield / PLU game was always a big game when these two met... not quite as much today, but still a big game.
  • MarkKoopmanMarkKoopman Member Posts: 33

Linfield is just another trash Oregon school as far as the Apostle is concerned. Fuck Linfield.

Easy there... They are both good schools... a lot of my friends went to PLU... my cousin played OL for them. I attended Linfield for a year before transferring to the UW. This was back in 82, when they won the NC. I didn't play... just a student... but I lived in the dorms with a bunch of guys on the teams. Their starting tight end is now the Seahawks Sr Vp / Legal counsel. Good memories... and it was never just a couple hundred people at the games, they had a serious following for a Div 3 school (it was NAIA Div2 back then).

Ad Rutschman was there coach, only college coach, at any level, to have coached a championship team in both football and baseball. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_Rutschman.

PLU's legendary coach, Frosty Westering, passed away earlier this year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frosty_Westering

The Linfield / PLU game was always a big game when these two met... not quite as much today, but still a big game.

Don't really know how it is these days but back in the day Linfield/PLU was HUGE..... Obviously not the same as big time football but If you liked football.....this was a helluva game.

Totally disagree with the bashers above, some tough, tough sonofabitches played for both PLU and Linfield over the years.

Eatonville's coach George Fairhart played for Linfield back in the day.

It's kind of refreshing to get some PLU - Linfield trash talk going. Although, PLU is not exactly a Dennis Erickson trash talk team....

Now just if PLU will just run the damn ball
  • jrjarrell4jrjarrell4 Member Posts: 71
    D3 football?

Boring as Hell.

and this is coming from a guy that graduated from a Northwest Conference School.

D3 football?

Boring as Hell.

and this is coming from a guy that graduated from a Northwest Conference School.

Serious response.... It's a different scene.... like arena rock vs. small club music. PLU will take checks at the gate.... the Norwegian ladies at the concession stand have homemade cookies and choice of several flavored coffees, you don't boo in general, you can stand right next to the field and hear the pads popping and the talk. It's more involving. Don't get me wrong, I love big time football, but small is fun in its own way.
  • jrjarrell4jrjarrell4 Member Posts: 71
    oh i know what it is like.

Linfield is an impressive football school in regards to the Division III ranks.

Linfield as a whole has the second best athletic department in that conference, so I respect them.

It's just boring football, Big 10 lite.

oh i know what it is like.

Linfield is an impressive football school in regards to the Division III ranks.

Linfield as a whole has the second best athletic department in that conference, so I respect them.

It's just boring football, Big 10 lite.

disagree
  • DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    The cool think about Div III is it is just regular guys, out there busting their asses for the game.

You don't see divas out there saying bullshit such as "who cares about a rosebowl... we had that last year".

you don't see complaining ass fans on the internet either in D3, although I have to say I'm disappointed PLU is getting their asses handed to them by another team from fuckin' Oregon.