Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

fire sark hire coach nuss

And keep Wilcox and defensive staff

I would do it

Comments

• What's this obsession people have with Wilcox? Far as I'm concerned he can go with Sark.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Tonight? Sack for Sark.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    I think Wilcox needs more time. Get HIS guyz....

Also look for chrighton to have a big game tomorrow.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    No

We hired the hot OC with zero head coaching experience five years ago
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Absolutely fucking not.

Some people never learn =(
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    HuskyJW said:

No

We hired the hot OC with zero head coaching experience five years ago

I'm not campaigning for Nuss but he's a far better candidate than Sark ever was. Success at multiple stops in various conferences, success without top level talent at times, and evidence that at least one offense was far worse after he left.

He wouldn't make my top 5 right now, but he'd probably be top 10. Sark wasn't top 25.
  • DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    How often does a top 25 program hire a coordinator from another school and promote them to their HC role? How often does that work out?

Harbaugh, James, Meyer... all got HC gigs at lesser programs then worked their way up to bigger programs.

I could be wrong, but I like that recipe better than promoting another school's coordinator directly to our HC gig... heck at least make them work as an OC here first like Oregon did with Chip. Though Sark is << Belotti so that pattern won't work here exactly.

There must be strong candidates from the mid majors or schools from smaller conferences. Fresneck seems to have a good HC. Of course, if Mora really wants to come home... we are set.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    Evidently I am one of the most batshit crazy assholes here since I focused solely on the fire sark part of the header.
    Though the thing with Nuss, he does have an "it" factor which Sark has never had. That was one point Brockndanny made. Nuss was solid at UW and has worked under Saban now three years. Not saying he is the guy just putting it our there.

Sark should have never been hired. He should give Sankey a 50k a game and Carrol a 150k a game.
    agree with the idea a coordinator should go to a smaller school. I went to a lot of practices when Nuss was here and I was impressed with the way he worked. But I was also impressed with Donatell so what the fuck do I know.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Lather, rinse, repeat.

If he's so great, let him tear it up at a SJSU-type university and then bring him aboard. The CFB coaching graveyard is riddled with great coordinators turned mediocre head coaches.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,122
    I'd be on board for bringing Nuss back as an OC, he's proven himself there. As for HC, there are other guys that deserve the first shot, namely Mora/DeRuyter. And Tequilla says Saban.
    As much as I think Mora would be THE guy, I don't see it happening. So as long as pool boy is at UW.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    If he's so great, let him tear it up at a SJSU-type university and then bring him aboard. The CFB coaching graveyard is riddled with great coordinators turned mediocre head coaches.
    Norm Chow approves this post.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    A lot of people need to say no first, but if they did I would take him over a retread fwiw. Throw him in the top 8 candidates or so.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    I vote down Gladstone only because I personally believe that the Pool Boy doesn't have a clue and I'd rather make a change that may not help us as opposed to not make a change that certainly won't help us.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2013
    I like Nuss but how exactly is his resume so good? His offenses finished ranked 69, 96, and 25 at Washington. Sark was calling the plays but we don't have anything else to measure his performance. At Bama his offenses have been ranked 12 and 17, which looks better, but don't forget Alabama has top 5 -top 10 talent so how hard is it get that kind of ranking? (same problem as Sark at USC).
    Im not saying Nuss will necessarily suck as a head coach, but I would prefer someone more proven.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    were the offensive rankings at Bama any better or worse before he got there? I think the passing game was average at best if I remember right but I am too lazy to look it up.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

were the offensive rankings at Bama any better or worse before he got there? I think the passing game was average at best if I remember right but I am too lazy to look it up.

I'm looking at them right now, and it looks like Alabama has gotten slightly better with Nuss as OC.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

Alabama 2010: 444 YPG, 35.5 PPG
    Alabama 2011: 430 YPG, 34.8 PPG

With Nuss
    2012: 444 YPG, 38.7 PPG
    2013: 446 YPG, 38.8 PPG

I like Nuss and think he deserves a head coaching job, but like others have said it should be at a non BCS school.

• If Nuss is spotted at Sea-Tac airport will F3 claim that he might be our new OC like he did with Sark?