Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Crichton now a member of the 2013 all-Hardcore Husky team?

"Scott says his decision came down to four schools: OSU, Oregon, Washington State and Idaho. He was not recruited by Washington, which prompted him last season to say with disgust, “Man, I HATE U-dub.”

It was a comment that didn’t sit well with some at Oregon State — it’s all well and good to dislike your rival, but there’s a time and place, and interviews are not it — and it has made Crichton somewhat leery of opening up to the media. On Wednesday he confessed that he grew up a Texas fan (like so many others, he fell in love with the Longhorns after watching Vince Young) and admitted that somewhere buried in his closet is some UT gear.

Any UW shirts back there, too, considering his hometown of Tacoma is just 34 miles from Seattle?

“I burned them,” he deadpanned, before bursting into a wide grin."

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/huskyfootball/2013/11/22/morning-links-oregon-states-scott-crichton-doesnt-hide-his-dislike-of-the-huskies/

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    So is the hatred simply based on sark's stupidity in not recruiting him? Or, is it something else?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Passion said:

So is the hatred simply based on sark's stupidity in not recruiting him? Or, is it something else?

Hard to say. It might be that Sark's USC recruiting experience led him to believe recruiting just happens. That you wait for all the 5* recruits to throw their names in the hat and you sort based on style of football you want to play.

It could be he isn't very good at analyzing and projecting talent.

Maybe it's because h thought he'd be gone by now to a 'real' program?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650
    You batshit crazy assholes should quit bashing the players who didn't come come to OUR University.
  • Posts like this that points out that Sark isn't that great of a talent evaluate is the real reason we are losing recruits! Their parents read these boards!
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Passion said:

UW is a Seattle school and Crichton is a Tacoma kid,.... a species I've noticed over the years that can for whatever reason dislike anything at all related to Seattle. They often prefer UPS or anyplace south or east of Montlake.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Tailgater said:

Passion said:

UW is a Seattle school and Crichton is a Tacoma kid,.... a species I've noticed over the years that can for whatever reason dislike anything at all related to Seattle. They often prefer UPS or anyplace south or east of Montlake.

Or he hates UW because he didn't get an offer. I think it is fairly obvious he would have went to UW had he gotten one.

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    The kid would have gone to UW, Sark and Holt didn't think he was good enough and didn't bother to even pick up the phone.

I'd be pissed too if I was him.
  • I disagree with you guys. He should be thankful not pissed that we didn't offer him.

At UW he would have never been shit. Been a soft fucking player who receives no coaching.

Why would anyone choose to go play for Sarkingham when very rarely players get coached up?