Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Humphreys, 2020 4* WR, Newport Beach (Corona Del Mar), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Supposedly we are only taking 1 WR this class. As of now the staff has Gary Bryant, Jalen McMillan, Johnny Wilson and Humphreys ahead of Scott on their board. If Scott is waiting for an offer, he is probably shit out of luck. We are almost certainly going to land 1 of those players.

This program has used the only taking one at your position crap for years now. I don’t buy it, especially considering the number of WRs graduating/leaving the program by 2020.
    I am skeptical as well. Greg Biggins reported it in his Gary Bryant interview. He was also the one who Cam Davis told that we were only taking 1 back in 2019 and we all were saying no chance. I think we lose 6 after 2019 with Chin selling the couch and Ty Jones leaving early. We should take 3.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There’s usually a reason why things happen
  • Options
    LuxrayBeatsLuxrayBeats Member Posts: 91
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2018

Hector looks pretty good, but I'd want to know what his actual height/weight is, looks a little small
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8270987/5b9cffc819af9409d0b3e1b2

Can I say this?

I don't think we should be giving scholarships out to white corners. I just don't.

White people can make great safeties. But when was the last good white corner? Jason Seahorn? Also he looks skinny and not too cut.

DJ rogers looks pretty sloppy also. Compare him to pictures of John Humphreys. And you will get an idea why UW has offered one and not the other.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Supposedly we are only taking 1 WR this class. As of now the staff has Gary Bryant, Jalen McMillan, Johnny Wilson and Humphreys ahead of Scott on their board. If Scott is waiting for an offer, he is probably shit out of luck. We are almost certainly going to land 1 of those players.

This program has used the only taking one at your position crap for years now. I don’t buy it, especially considering the number of WRs graduating/leaving the program by 2020.
    I am skeptical as well. Greg Biggins reported it in his Gary Bryant interview. He was also the one who Cam Davis told that we were only taking 1 back in 2019 and we all were saying no chance. I think we lose 6 after 2019 with Chin selling the couch and Ty Jones leaving early. We should take 3.
    Whatever, maybe we take more receivers. That doesn't change the fact that there are other receivers out there the coaching staff likes more than Scott. It's a good sign we aren't offering these players yet, not a bad one.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Domicillo said:

Whatever, maybe we take more receivers. That doesn't change the fact that there are other receivers out there the coaching staff likes more than Scott. It's a good sign we aren't offering these players yet, not a bad one.
    I don't think most here are super worried about the Gee Scott situation, just some other guys in the upcoming in-state classes.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

I get the Gee Scott thing maybe, but Rogers, Hector, and Adams should have offers at this point. How is Rogers supposed to feel when we offer Redman before him?

Here is the thing: UW recruiting is onto bigger things now. Those Eastside Catholic kids aren't good enough. Besides JT, we just have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Redman might not be ranked where Rogers is but he is bigger and stronger (6-6 250 vs 6-4 240). The coaches have their own evaluation on those two, and they have decided that Redman is the better player. Sorry but that is just how it is now. I am not convinced at all that Hector and Adams are legit 4 stars. Sounds like they are taking one receiver in the 2020 class, and they just don't like Scott as much as some other players.
    You can complain all you want but all this means is that UW has standards in recruiting now and the Eastside Catholic foursome isn't up to those standards.

And I think both Redman and Humphreys are beautiful. Just look at them. Grown men. I get calling out Coach Pete from time to time, but I would rather have Redman and Humphreys than Roger and Scott.
    Jump into a vat of acid
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I get the Gee Scott thing maybe, but Rogers, Hector, and Adams should have offers at this point. How is Rogers supposed to feel when we offer Redman before him?

Here is the thing: UW recruiting is onto bigger things now. Those Eastside Catholic kids aren't good enough. Besides JT, we just have bigger fish to fry at the moment. Redman might not be ranked where Rogers is but he is bigger and stronger (6-6 250 vs 6-4 240). The coaches have their own evaluation on those two, and they have decided that Redman is the better player. Sorry but that is just how it is now. I am not convinced at all that Hector and Adams are legit 4 stars. Sounds like they are taking one receiver in the 2020 class, and they just don't like Scott as much as some other players.
    You can complain all you want but all this means is that UW has standards in recruiting now and the Eastside Catholic foursome isn't up to those standards.

And I think both Redman and Humphreys are beautiful. Just look at them. Grown men. I get calling out Coach Pete from time to time, but I would rather have Redman and Humphreys than Roger and Scott.
    Jump into a vat of acid
    Sorry, not my fault the coaches are looking at better players than the ones you want. Go root for Oregon state if you want to see a team in a talent barren area recruit the local kids.

Bitch about something else. Maybe the pumped in music at the stadium, or the fact that a third of the fans leave at halftime.
  • Options

Jump into a vat of acid
    Sorry, not my fault the coaches are looking at better players than the ones you want. Go root for Oregon state if you want to see a team in a talent barren area recruit the local kids.

Bitch about something else. Maybe the pumped in music at the stadium, or the fact that a third of the fans leave at halftime.
    I don't really care about Gee Scott. I like Humphreys. That's beside the point. Redman is not better than D.J. Rogers, but you clearly have a thing for the whites. Your doogish "trust the coaches" bullshit is annoying on its own, but talking shit about good local players to make your point is where you lose me. If you're just going to talk about how beautiful white people are you might fit in better at Stormfront.
  • Options

Jump into a vat of acid

I don't really care about Gee Scott. I like Humphreys. That's beside the point. Redman is not better than D.J. Rogers, but you clearly have a thing for the whites. Your doogish "trust the coaches" bullshit is annoying on its own, but talking shit about good local players to make your point is where you lose me. If you're just going to talk about how beautiful white people are you might fit in better at Stormfront.
    Color em black and they are still beautiful. Probably more so. But that is besides the point. You can personally like Rogers better, but the coaches don't think he is better. Maybe the coaches are racist, take it up with them. Maybe the coaches are wrong and you are right. Line up Rogers and Redman together, and ignoring race, tell me which one looks more impressive. Do the same with Humphries and Scott.

Bigger and stronger is going to attract the coaches, over being local.

If Rogers was in texas you wouldnt give a fuck about him.

I dont always trust the coaches, but in this case the bitching is just stupid.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Jump into a vat of acid

I don't see you bitching about us not offering Quentin Moore, when he looks better than Rogers. Not black enough for you? He's closer to Husky stadium, thought that might interest you. Nah, we want Foskey and Archer instead, because guess what, both are better than Moore. I love Foskey and guess what, he doesn't look too white to me.

We are leveling up in recruiting, we aren't going to pity offer the local kids unless they are legit. Like Hatchett and Smalls.

Or if we have no better options. Like Tryon. Which in that case, you don't want to see the local offers go out.
  • Options

Jump into a vat of acid

I don't see you bitching about us not offering Quentin Moore, when he looks better than Rogers. Not black enough for you? He's closer to Husky stadium, thought that might interest you. Nah, we want Foskey and Archer instead, because guess what, both are better than Moore. I love Foskey and guess what, he doesn't look too white to me.

We are leveling up in recruiting, we aren't going to pity offer the local kids unless they are legit. Like Hatchett and Smalls.

Or if we have no better options. Like Tryon. Which in that case, you don't want to see the local offers go out.
    Foskey, is better, but he's never coming here. Quentin Moore is okay, but he's slow. Archer is not that good. Rogers is younger than all those guys, and still more athletic than everyone except Foskey, who again is never coming here.

Stop reading so much into who has offers. Ayden Hector doesn't have an offer. Sam Adams doesn't have an offer. Neither of the Latus have offers. They're all studs. Your argument is fine if you really think all the out of state kids we offer are legit. Redman is not better than Rogers, and they play different positions anyway.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

So this is Ballz' new alt right?

COOK IT!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

COOK IT!
    Negative. It’s dnc
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Definitely Ballz and Jack Cobra.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

COOK IT!
    Negative. It’s dnc
    YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT, BITCH!!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

COOK IT!
    Negative. It’s dnc
    Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

COOK IT!
    Negative. It’s dnc
    Unless YOU have proof in HAND...it’s speculation for YOU. ‘Those who know’....meaning YOU are not a ‘THOSE’. I didn’t create the English language but ‘speculation’ is pretty cut and dry. Unless you are an eye witness, YOU are speculating. Word of mouth is not proof.
    This really needs to be dropped moar