Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Indiana Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Yeah, there have been some bad calls but I have to remind myself it's the difference between losing by 15 or by 10. #MoralVictory

yryk

• Options
    That was a bigtime triple by Johnson.

Way too many easy buckets on the other end though. Sigh.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    1-9 from 3 from Wilcox. He's a really streaky shooter. I remember when he came in Romar touted him as one of the best shooters he has ever seen. He can get hot, but he's not consistent enough to be a great shooter.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    1. I had no idea there was a game thread on this forum lol

2. Kemp is a bitch. No defense, doesn't rebound. Whines and pouts.

3. Not to be too doogish, but officiating has been one-sided...but doesn't excuse losing..

4. Every IND offensive possession will end in a score or a foul. Every fucking time..

5. NWG isn't Gaddy, not by a longshot. Gaddy always had that 'I just got kicked in the balls' look about him, and it showed in his play. At least NWG plays fearless and heady.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would love to see Johnson take a starting spot from Andrews.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    81 points at the 7:49 mark. The defense is so. fucking. bad.
  • Options

Funny how all the "Andrews is amazing" talk has completely disappeared this year.

People hated Gaddy so much that they couldn't see how bad Andrews was. Now that Gaddy's gone Andrews doesn't have that buffer anymore.

• Options
    Gladstone said:

81 points at the 7:49 mark. The defense is so. fucking. bad.

I'm hearing it's the best in the conference

• Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    So I just turned it on to watch the last 5 minutes...

Ha. Ha.... Ha...
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

1. I had no idea there was a game thread on this forum lol

2. Kemp is a bitch. No defense, doesn't rebound. Whines and pouts.

3. Not to be too doogish, but officiating has been one-sided...but doesn't excuse losing..

4. Every IND offensive possession will end in a score or a foul. Every fucking time..

5. NWG isn't Gaddy, not by a longshot. Gaddy always had that 'I just got kicked in the balls' look about him, and it showed in his play. At least NWG plays fearless and heady.

Totally agree on Kemp. He has some talent but just doesn't have the killer instinct to tap into it. Too bad he didn't have a father...

Officiating has been bad. Our defense has been worse.

Goss is legit. Not a great shooter and he makes some frosh mistakes, but he can play.

• Options
    Kemp can have a seat and keep it for the rest of the year. Yikes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Funny how all the "Andrews is amazing" talk has completely disappeared this year.

People hated Gaddy so much that they couldn't see how bad Andrews was. Now that Gaddy's gone Andrews doesn't have that buffer anymore.

I used to constantly post the same thing on doogman. Andrews shot 36% and 27% from 3. He was about as inefficient as a player can be. Gaddy was way better, but the hatred for Gaddy was so strong, nobody saw just how bad Andrews was because he played with more fire and wasn't passive. I will take passive over throwing up terrible shots and playing out of control.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    0 pts/5 fouls.

Sit down.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Will Romar press? Or was that Camoron's Defense
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Romar hasn't pressed since 2005. From 2007-2011 he let Venoy press by himself (and it had a wondrous effect) but as a team we haven't done it in so fucking long. I doubt Romar even knows how to coach it.
  • Options
    Can't wait to hear what spado and moosewhosails have to say about this one. My predictions:

- Indiana is an experienced, tournament tested team. You can't expect to beat such a veteran team this early in the year.
    - Jarreau would have changed everything defensively. The significance of losing him can't be overstated.
    - Simmons would have fixed the rebounding. Losing them both together just isn't fair.
    - Romar did a great job keeping his guys in it with such a thin roster. Wait until Simmons gets back!

What did I miss?
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Romar hasn't pressed since 2005. From 2007-2011 he let Venoy press by himself (and it had a wondrous effect) but as a team we haven't done it in so fucking long. I doubt Romar even knows how to coach it.

My biggest complaint with most of those teams. The Overton, IT, Holiday teams were built to press.

• Options

dnc said:

I used to constantly post the same thing on doogman. Andrews shot 36% and 27% from 3. He was about as inefficient as a player can be. Gaddy was way better, but the hatred for Gaddy was so strong, nobody saw just how bad Andrews was because he played with more fire and wasn't passive. I will take passive over throwing up terrible shots and playing out of control.

I thought me and chavez were the only ones.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Losing JJ was huge. I was excited to see if he progressed at all this year. This teams offense is a lot more fun to watch than previous seasons. A lot less erratic play and better more meaningful ball movement.

That rebounding and defense is atrocious though. I am not going to harp on Romar as much as I usually do because losing both JJ and Simmons changes things entirely. Did Desmond get hurt recently or months ago? Romar might be trying to figure it out on the go.

Get this Dieirerssckx guy out of here.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    I said this shit on Doogman, and fuck you Kim! Goss reminds me of Jason Kid coming out of high school. Lots of tear drops in the lane, can get his shot off on anyone, great vision, and point a to point b ball skills