Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW Football from a Coog perspective

The other day a buddy of mine and I were talking football. We are pretty pumped to be sitting 5-5 just two years removed from Paul Wulff. The jury is still out on Leach, but we are making progress. We were talking though and asked each other what if we were 5-5 in year 5 of Leach? Both of us agreed that that wouldn't be good enough with Leach, we didn't hire him to be a .500 coach, we hired him to revive the program and get us back to competing the top of the conference. The subject soon turned to UW and Sark, he has a buddy that was a full on believer that this was your guy's year, 9-10 wins for sure, he bought into the hype. My buddy and I, we have never been and will never be afraid of Sark, we look at his recruiting, yea, he gets a few 4 star receivers, QB's, but I don't see anything upfront that makes me scared of UW and his player development doesn't strike any into us. We have been both shocked that UW can't seem to get back on track, you are UW after all, not Washington State, you are known in college football, we are not. Seattle is easy to recruit, you have the biggest stadium in the Pac-12, you have money, you have it all to be a top 10 football program. Why can't UW win? Why are they are a mediocre football program? It's easy, you haven't hire the right guy (I know, real shock around here). UCLA proved it, Alabama proved it, Notre Dame proved it, you hire the right guy, you can win fast.

I will never buy UW doesn't have talent, you're telling me that OSU, ASU, has more talent than UW? Nope, not buying it, I've been watching UW for over 20 years now, back in the day when it meant something to beat UW. When you beat DJ, that was like beating Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, that was big fucking deal when you beat UW. The thing that has changed the most about UW is that you're becoming everything you hate about Oregon. It seems like the players and most fans care more about what uniforms you wear, black, chrome, white helmets, man we look cool than how you play. Instead of just going basic with your uniforms like the real programs do, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, ect, ect. When I think of DJ's teams I think of a blue color team, they not only beat the shit out of you on the scoreboard, but on the field as well. It was a game that you felt for weeks afterwards. Not anymore, UW is soft, they play soft, and you can see it. The one thing I love about Leach he can't stand pussy's, you play hard for 60 minutes and I don't see that from UW. Under Sark they quit, they don't have it in them to fight back. Last year there was no reason why we should have won the Apple Cup, but for some reason we didn't quit, we kept on playing and UW did. They were more concerned with doing the lawnmower and waving a fucking towel than what was going on in the game.

I know a lot of good Doog fans that are miserable and tired of this shit and for them I would like it changed because the rivalary is more fun when you have fans that care. But also I'm greedy and Sark is no way a threat to me and I believe that Leach is a 100x's better coach than him and as long as Sark is there, over time Leach will just start owning UW home and away.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The other day a buddy of mine and I were talking football. We are pretty pumped to be sitting 5-5 just two years removed from Paul Wulff. The jury is still out on Leach, but we are making progress. We were talking though and asked each other what if we were 5-5 in year 5 of Leach? Both of us agreed that that wouldn't be good enough with Leach, we didn't hire him to be a .500 coach, we hired him to revive the program and get us back to competing the top of the conference. The subject soon turned to UW and Sark, he has a buddy that was a full on believer that this was your guy's year, 9-10 wins for sure, he bought into the hype. My buddy and I, we have never been and will never be afraid of Sark, we look at his recruiting, yea, he gets a few 4 star receivers, QB's, but I don't see anything upfront that makes me scared of UW and his player development doesn't strike any into us. We have been both shocked that UW can't seem to get back on track, you are UW after all, not Washington State, you are known in college football, we are not. Seattle is easy to recruit, you have the biggest stadium in the Pac-12, you have money, you have it all to be a top 10 football program. Why can't UW win? Why are they are a mediocre football program? It's easy, you haven't hire the right guy (I know, real shock around here). UCLA proved it, Alabama proved it, Notre Dame proved it, you hire the right guy, you can win fast.

I will never buy UW doesn't have talent, you're telling me that OSU, ASU, has more talent than UW? Nope, not buying it, I've been watching UW for over 20 years now, back in the day when it meant something to beat UW. When you beat DJ, that was like beating Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, that was big fucking deal when you beat UW. The thing that has changed the most about UW is that you're becoming everything you hate about Oregon. It seems like the players and most fans care more about what uniforms you wear, black, chrome, white helmets, man we look cool than how you play. Instead of just going basic with your uniforms like the real programs do, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, ect, ect. When I think of DJ's teams I think of a blue color team, they not only beat the shit out of you on the scoreboard, but on the field as well. It was a game that you felt for weeks afterwards. Not anymore, UW is soft, they play soft, and you can see it. The one thing I love about Leach he can't stand pussy's, you play hard for 60 minutes and I don't see that from UW. Under Sark they quit, they don't have it in them to fight back. Last year there was no reason why we should have won the Apple Cup, but for some reason we didn't quit, we kept on playing and UW did. They were more concerned with doing the lawnmower and waving a fucking towel than what was going on in the game.

I know a lot of good Doog fans that are miserable and tired of this shit and for them I would like it changed because the rivalary is more fun when you have fans that care. But also I'm greedy and Sark is no way a threat to me and I believe that Leach is a 100x's better coach than him and as long as Sark is there, over time Leach will just start owning UW home and away.

Two things:

1) Leach is a better coach than Sark. But he's still far from great. No way he's close to "100x's better".

2). Leach owning Sark home and away, is a guaranteed route to Sark getting canned. Enjoy it while you can. Your better off if Leach goes 50-50 against Sark.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    LEAVE!!!

To "revive"'a program, doesn't it need to have been alive at some point?

I'm glad sark isn't a threat to "you".
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Oh and Michigan, Ohio State and Notre Dame have all worn alternate uniforms.
  • Options
    Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2013
    I don't think Doog means what you think it means.

Oh, and wtf is up with this being an announcement?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

LEAVE!!!

JENGA!

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,237
    Founders Club

I don't think Doog means what you think it means.

Oh, and wtf is up with this being an announcement?

We're lucky WazzusJobu poasts here at all.
  • Options
    WazzusJobuWazzusJobu Member Posts: 45
    Photogenic 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

LEAVE!!!

You need a Coke and a smile.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why do we have duck trash on OUR bored?!
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DucksruleDucksrule Member Posts: 96
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2013
    It's a cute story, but how does UW remove 2K seats from the 3rd largest stadium in tbe Pac 12 and it then becomes the biggest?
  • Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    The one thing I love about Leach he can't stand pussy

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but who cares if he's gay. As long as he wins.

Sark on the other hand, likes pussy - this is what I hear
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Fuck.

That is one big ass thesis ...
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2013

The thing that has changed the most about UW is that you're becoming everything you hate about Oregon. It seems like the players and most fans care more about what uniforms you wear, black, chrome, white helmets, man we look cool than how you play. Instead of just going basic with your uniforms like the real programs do, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, ect, ect.

Uniforms determine if you're a 'real' program or not. Also someone needs to tell Leach that running the football is part of the game.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    FYI- It isn't a problem wondering how cool you look, as long as you win. My Ducks wore god awful pink helmets, but win they took a 62-24 lead, I was fine with it.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

This
  • Options
    SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member Posts: 2,053
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

"When I think of DJ's teams I think of a blue color team"

Our colors are purple, gold, white, black, and pink.

hth

You forgot red white and blue. #neverforget
  • Options
    I love how the cougs haven't been to a bowl game since 2003, won a Rose Bowl since 1916 yet they are offering their condolences to UW football.

They should really worry about their own program. Despite Sarkisian being a failure the Cougs are in no position to laugh at him.

Also your Coug friend is full of shit on Leach as Mike Price your "greatest" coach ever only went to five bowl games in 14 seasons including a 3-11 record vs the Huskies. Price even took last place in the conference in years 10 and 11 and was 4-7 in year 12 yet kept his job.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The one thing I love about Leach he can't stand pussy

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but who cares if he's gay. As long as he wins.

Sark on the other hand, likes pussy - this is what I hear

The Joey's wait staff approves this message.