Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Pac-12 reprimands Sark

Pac-12 reprimands UW’s Sarkisian for disclosing ‘private’ apology about officiating
Pac-12 Conference commissioner Larry Scott reprimanded Washington coach Steve Sarkisian on Thursday for “disclosing private communications” Sarkisian had with the conference office about game officiating.

“The Pac-12 has specific rules that prohibit our coaches from making public comments about officiating and from discussing private communications with the Conference office,” Scott said in a statement. “We have an obligation to our membership to enforce the Conference rules which they have approved.”

At his press conference Monday, Sarkisian said that he had received an apology from the Pac-12 for a phantom penalty that negated at UW touchdown in the Huskies’ 41-31 loss at No. 13 UCLA last Friday.

“What good is an apology? It’s not going to get me seven points back,” Sarkisian told The Seattle Times on Monday.

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    so... Larry Scott isn't going to take the fall for Sark's shitty coaching?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    You still lost by 10 brah
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,380 Swaye's Wigwam
    This should help with the refs on Saturday.....
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    What good is an apology? It’s not going to get me seven points wins back

This is turning into quite a tragicomedy
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    the board of regents can't be happy with this. It seems there is a lack of comportment in montlake these days. That's not very classy of a coach to do that.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,829 Founders Club
    Wait a minute? Why is Sark bitching about penalties? Didn't he say penalties don't matter?
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    If you listened to it he said it in a very smart ass tone. He tried to save face by saying how they probably deserved most of the penalties... but this one was in a critical part of the game.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club
    He's like a whiny teenager
  • He's like a whiny teenager

If we're gonna bash whiny teenagers, I'm out!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,842 Founders Club

He's like a whiny teenager

If we're gonna bash whiny teenagers, I'm out!
    I meant whiny teenager like in a good way.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Wtf does this have to do with Juan

I got a lot of problems with Sark, but this ain't one. They have been shitty...goes both ways.

If you are a ref are you scared to call a questionable call against us? All Sark does during a game is just look dumbfounded and walk away when you tell him.

I think you're missing the point. It's the passive aggressive way that Sark brings it up as a means of pointing to it as why the loss wasn't his responsibility.
  • Sark you are once again towards the bottom in the NCAA in penalty yardage yet you are blaming the refs still?

How about show some accountability for once? No wonder you are 3-25 when trailing at halftime. Your players take on your personality and when times get rough you don't take it head on. Instead you play the fucking blame game all the time.

No wonder no player in this program minus Price actually shows some fucking accountability.

I miss when UW football was being ran by an adult.

Sark you are once again towards the bottom in the NCAA in penalty yardage yet you are blaming the refs still?

How about show some accountability for once? No wonder you are 3-25 when trailing at halftime. Your players take on your personality and when times get rough you don't take it head on. Instead you play the fucking blame game all the time.

I miss when UW football was being ran by an adult.

+1
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    WTF is a phantom penalty? Was it illusional or delusional?
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    edited November 2013

I got a lot of problems with Sark, but this ain't one. They have been shitty...goes both ways.

If you are a ref are you scared to call a questionable call against us? All Sark does during a game is just look dumbfounded and walk away when you tell him.

I think you're missing the point. It's the passive aggressive way that Sark brings it up as a means of pointing to it as why the loss wasn't his responsibility.
    Its an argument, and may be a good one. I've just always been amazed at how big of a pussy he's been around the refs and think he should have spoken up both in games and afterwards earlier. Maybe its years of playing soccer and having ongoing discussions with refs during games, but you can really get into their heads if you do it right by agreeing with them on good calls and riding them hard on iffy ones (heck, he's got people up high watching each play so he knows pretty quick if they screwed one up...I didn't see him ride a single ref once during the game on the Charles call). Done right I've seen it influence calls going forward. 50-50 calls will go against us now because we are an undisciplined team and because none of the refs are remotely worried about Sark riding them during the game or after...the precedent has already been set, and its been set by Sark himself.

Its too late in the year to see any change, but I'd rather point out Sark's numerous other failing than harp on this one (bitch about a legit bad call that was key but didn't change the outcome).
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,650

Its an argument, and may be a good one. I've just always been amazed at how big of a pussy he's been around the refs and think he should have spoken up both in games and afterwards earlier. Maybe its years of playing soccer and having ongoing discussions with refs during games, but you can really get into their heads if you do it right by agreeing with them on good calls and riding them hard on iffy ones (heck, he's got people up high watching each play so he knows pretty quick if they screwed one up...I didn't see him ride a single ref once during the game on the Charles call). Done right I've seen it influence calls going forward. 50-50 calls will go against us now because we are an undisciplined team and because none of the refs are remotely worried about Sark riding them during the game or after...the precedent has already been set, and its been set by Sark himself.

Its too late in the year to see any change, but I'd rather point out Sark's numerous other failing than harp on this one (bitch about a legit bad call that was key but didn't change the outcome).
    Ts and Ps

In the broader sense I see where you're coming from.