Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DE Conundrum Solved

AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
The great UW defensive formation debate has been solved. Per Jimmy NoBallz in the Athletic.com:

‘“We want to get more sacks. We want to get more turnovers,” Lake said. “Sacks change the game. … It’s not just on the outside linebackers. It’s not just on the defensive ends. It’s on everybody. … It’s a constant with our defense — how are we going to get turnovers and how are we going to get sacks?”‘
Tagged:

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    wasnt lake supposed to chip in on DE recruiting? wtf is he up to
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

Great point. Apparently he’s blaming the as yet to be recruited DEs for their lack of Heat from the Edge.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186

That was just a TSIO bored theory, no one connected to UW ever said anything about that happening.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

That was just a TSIO bored theory, no one connected to UW ever said anything about that happening.
    roof had puff piece about it, sorry to lazy to go find it for you
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

It all stemmed from his (ultimately ineffective) tweets at Jeremiah Martin. I think he recruits every key piece on defense now. Just not as a primary recruiter. I know he's on Smalls as well.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622

It all stemmed from his (ultimately ineffective) tweets at Jeremiah Martin. I think he recruits every key piece on defense now. Just not as a primary recruiter. I know he's on Smalls as well.
    So when can we start hating Lake for not getting blue chip BUCKs/ rush ends?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Passion said:

So when can we start hating Lake for not getting blue chip BUCKs/ rush ends?
    The thing is: we can't. The primary recruiter in the modern landscape is always going to be the position coach. The fact that K cannot connect with ANYONE (white, black, poly, etc) is the issue. White guys don't come here, black guys don't come here. The only hope is that we can sneak through a Poly kid who is connected to Malloe, other Polys or their parents want their kid to play for Pete (as they should).

Recruiting is about making a connection with the kid where you get a hook in them. You can see it when it happens.

They bite the hook hard and then just don't get off it. I can give a million examples, but look at fucking Bandes. Just - boom. He liked us, then he really started considering: that was it. He was on the hook. He gave a look elsewhere, but we were it.

Contrast that with anyone K recruits or Foskey - these are guys that change their top 5 constantly, say polite things and their family loves it... but you can tell they are just looking at the hook; they don't hit it.