Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Whatever happened to Te’o-Nesheim

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/09/27/sports/football/nfl-cte-daniel-teo-nesheim.html

This is a pretty sad read about one of my all time favorite dawgs. The guy was a stud on some otherwise terrible teams, and apparently his mental condition just spiraled out of control towards the end of his playing days. And a big fuck off to the NFL for denying him disability benefits when he was still alive and showing major signs of damage, both mentally and physically.

Comments

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,500 Swaye's Wigwam
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    DTN had to look around on the field daily and think "holy shit this is what snow white must have felt like around the 7 dwarfs vis a vis height" when it came to talent. He played hard every snap on some god God gawd Gawd awful Husky Defenses.

Same thought as DDY: Thank you DTM and RIP
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Football is in trouble, my guys. Enjoy these next 10-20 years.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    The medical profession needs to get their shit together on CTE. There isn't any actual concrete proof that head trauma is the primary cause because they only test people they are 99.9% sure that have it.

They need to start testing everyone who commits suicide everywhere. As of right now there are three theories on CTE in the medical research world and that is head trauma, excessive inflamation (which DTN would fall under), and no one really knows (with guys like Hilinski).

Like Bitchfork said before; either everyone has it or no one does. There are 10,000:1 football players that don't develop it compared to those that do. Most combat veterans don't experience a lot of head trauma, or at least more than one time. Soccer players are turning up having it, etc.

Football gets 100% of the blame right now and no one can say with any certainty it is the reason it is formed as compared to other physical sports and activities. Shouldn't someone look into why WWE wrestlers go fucking nuts constantly? That's supposed to be fake but the stories out there about former wrestlers going bat shit crazy are everywhere. David Benoit put his wife and kids in the Cross Face Crippler and hung himself after and he was very young.

Mosster47 said:

The medical profession needs to get their shit together on CTE. There isn't any actual concrete proof that head trauma is the primary cause because they only test people they are 99.9% sure that have it.

They need to start testing everyone who commits suicide everywhere. As of right now there are three theories on CTE in the medical research world and that is head trauma, excessive inflamation (which DTN would fall under), and no one really knows (with guys like Hilinski).

Like Bitchfork said before; either everyone has it or no one does. There are 10,000:1 football players that don't develop it compared to those that do. Most combat veterans don't experience a lot of head trauma, or at least more than one time. Soccer players are turning up having it, etc.

Football gets 100% of the blame right now and no one can say with any certainty it is the reason it is formed as compared to other physical sports and activities. Shouldn't someone look into why WWE wrestlers go fucking nuts constantly? That's supposed to be fake but the stories out there about former wrestlers going bat shit crazy are everywhere. David Benoit put his wife and kids in the Cross Face Crippler and hung himself after and he was very young.

Thanks Professor. I'm sure your Quooklifications are tremendous.

This freshman logic treatise, combined with what I assume is a sub-rudimentary understanding of brain function puts you right up there with the giants of neuroscience.

And then when you add in motivated reasoning, I'm pretty sure you won the argument.
    No one is arguing anything. It's at the "cigarettes are good for you" and "sugar is healthy" point where there a handful of biased studies.

It's a real issue and needs to be treated as such.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

This freshman logic treatise, combined with what I assume is a sub-rudimentary understanding of brain function puts you right up there with the giants of neuroscience.

And then when you add in motivated reasoning, I'm pretty sure you won the argument.
    No one is arguing anything. It's at the "cigarettes are good for you" and "sugar is healthy" point where there a handful of biased studies.

I always enjoy the 'scienz is dunn rong' arguments ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.

ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.
    If only these youtube scientists knew what it takes to publish one or two peer-reviewed studies... let alone the hundreds required to become the resident expert in your field.
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 369
    edited September 2018
    I got cte from reading hardcore husky.com
    Edit: oops this is an even shitter post than I usually make I didn't notice what thread I was in how to delete
    RIP

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.
    Science isn't wrong or right, they haven't really done anything besides hit the ball off the tee. You're not this stupid. You're not far from it, but you're not quite there.

There needs to be some real, actual research across athletics for the benefit of everyone. If you can't see that then you are that stupid.
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.
    Science isn't wrong or right, they haven't really done anything besides hit the ball off the tee. You're not this stupid. You're not far from it, but you're not quite there.

There needs to be some real, actual research across athletics for the benefit of everyone. If you can't see that then you are that stupid.
    Mosster’s Scientific Method
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

ON THE FUCKING INTERNET.

@Mosster47 in this thread:

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    animate said:

Mosster47 said:

Do you mind if I cite you for my thesis?
    AMA format and log scales, please.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited September 2018
    The truth finally came out. When he died, it was reported as natural causes and a huge shock.

Ive been around Teo'Neishem a couple times in a social setting. Nice enough guy but he was always a mess with the pills and booze.