Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pete hates getting boat raced (hurts Yella Piss IMO)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    The defense has gotten better every year.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018
    Mosster47 said:

The defense under Peterman has been impressive and I can't believe more teams out west don't run a Nickel as their base package. People mistake it with a 4-2-5 but it really isn't.

As a Doog I would be worried about this long term with Peterman. The D isn't getting any better and he isn't letting go of the offense. It's year five, the QB and RB are four year starters, etc. The 2016 team had no chance of winning that Bama game and this year's team would get hammered even worse. There are zero big wins after five years.

Is this it? Is this the top of the mountain? I know, a freshman running back fumbled in Eugene and my college experience was way better than yours. Not an answer to a real question.

Yep, I'm sure the defense won't have a chance to be better in the coming years with the massive influx of talent coming in from the 2017- 19 classes. JFC...the guys we have contributed on defense right now like BBK and Tevis Bartlett wouldn't even get and offer now from UDub post 2016. They are Boise level talent. By the time 2019 and 2020 roll around, we'll have elite athletes in the trenches the likes of which Oregon never had during the 2009- 14 run.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

The defense under Peterman has been impressive and I can't believe more teams out west don't run a Nickel as their base package. People mistake it with a 4-2-5 but it really isn't.

As a Doog I would be worried about this long term with Peterman. The D isn't getting any better and he isn't letting go of the offense. It's year five, the QB and RB are four year starters, etc. The 2016 team had no chance of winning that Bama game and this year's team would get hammered even worse. There are zero big wins after five years.

Is this it? Is this the top of the mountain? I know, a freshman running back fumbled in Eugene and my college experience was way better than yours. Not an answer to a real question.

Yep, I'm sure the defense won't have a chance to be better in the coming years with the massive influx of talent coming in from the 2017- 19 classes. JFC...the guys we have contributed on defense right now like BBK and Tevis Bartlett wouldn't even get and offer now from UDub post 2016. They are Boise level talent. By the time 2019 and 2020 roll around, we'll have elite athletes in the trenches the likes of which Oregon never had during the 2009- 14 run.
    If we had elite talent in the trenches we would have won a title or two by now. Especially with Marcus at the helm. 2009-2014 was legendary. It was the best thing to emerge from the conference since peak USC, but that wasn't the ceiling. Honestly there might not be a ceiling on what Oregon can accomplish. Smoke and mirrors high octane only gets you so far. It got us a playoff trophy, a Heisman and two title game appearances, but it wasn't enough to go the distance. We? learned from that experience and changed. We're playing Auburn, a home and home with tOSU and Georgia. You need to face teams like that head on and play tuff, smash-mouth, SEC ball to beat them. There's just no other way around it, so we've made the necessary changes. Welcome to the Cristobal era.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I don't think this is the top of the mountain for Pete. You can say the QB and RB are four year starters so that's as good as it gets, but as others have pointed out, the talent can get (is getting?) better, particularly at QB and on the lines.

A top shelf QB can make a huge difference. It would also be nice if Bonerpopper recruited some pro RBs.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,490
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We've had patchwork mediocre o lines every year except 2016.

If that improves we will be elite. The Huff hire and whether he can coach and get next level talent is far more important than 4 year skill players and our offensive coordinator and playcalling.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RealRhino said:

I don't think this is the top of the mountain for Pete. You can say the QB and RB are four year starters so that's as good as it gets, but as others have pointed out, the talent can get (is getting?) better, particularly at QB and on the lines.

A top shelf QB can make a huge difference. It would also be nice if Bonerpopper recruited some pro RBs.

Of all the things to complain about, running backs are near the bottom. The future also looks bright with Allahu Ahmed and Pleasant etc
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Only problem is a resurgent Oregon is on your doorstep again, that's going to make it more difficult to get elite level talent. A lot of it is going to slip through the cracks and end up in Eugene.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    More proof recruiting rankings are shit
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

More proof recruiting rankings are shit

Well, no. Basically every program that had won an NC since the BCS started was loaded with Top 10 classes. So, if you're not recruiting at that level you're not getting to that level, especially now with the playoffs.

Also, you have no idea if the recruiting rankings under Mario will make an impact. You're just a Doog hoping it doesn't.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

I love OBKs descent into the dark quookness. This season is his Apocalypse Now.

He starts with a mission and purpose, but as he continues down the river everything makes less and less sense.

After the UW game he'll have his face painted, machete in hand, and creep up on Mosster to end it all.

The horror... The horror...

You have to have men who are moral and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling, without passion, without judgment, without judgment. Because it’s judgment that defeats us.
    Without judgment?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Mosster has made an art form out of quietly being the dumbest motherfucker on this board

hurtful