Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deficits Don't Matter... again

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SECDAWG said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

On the economy Obama was quite clear that this is his and Trump didn’t do it

Guess Obama wants to add to his 10 trillion

Except there's identifiable actions by Trump and Congress to increase expenditures and reduce revenues.
    Call me when trump tops 10 trillion. Minus interest on Obunghole's expenditures of course.
    Can we talk at $5 trillion in 4 years?

If you want to minus interest. Ok, done. Now minus Medicare part D, reduction in revenues from the recession, TARP, and 2 wars from Obama. Ok sugar bear?
    Obama voted for TARP, why wouldn't he be responsible for the cost of it? I don't believe he was in the Senate when they passed Medicare part D but if he was there's no way he voted against it. And remember one of those wars was the war Obama and the Rats said they were just itching to kick ass in after Bush took his eye off the ball. So really you can minus one war.
    Cool. Take off what $4 trillion from Obama then?
    Well his VP and two of his Secretaries of State voted for it, so 3/4 of that is still on him.
    Do one thing for me. Ok? Admit that the last 2 years, Republicans control Congress and the presidency and turned a $600 billion deficit to more than $1 trillion. Ready to do that?
    Hondo, unlike you I'm not a Kunt. I don't have a problem answering questions and admitting obvious facts. The deficit has increased since Trump has took office, It's one of the problems I had with Trump from the very beginning. They have done nothing to address the entitlement issues that are swamping our budget.

I'm all in on cutting spending in order to bring the budget into balance and when I asked you the last time we had this discussion where you'd cut in order to balance the budget you ran away and hid.
    Look at that. You did it. And now we are having a conversation. Why only entitlements? I mean I'm fine for some entitlement reform. Don't you think we can find waste and abuse in the military too? I think the new budget is over $700 billion (off the top of my head but I'm sure I'm directionally close). Do you think we can go through the military budget and find shit we don't need to spend money on?
    Hondo, I don't dodge questions. That's your game. I'm certain that we could find some waste in the Pentagon budget. It's a fucking Government run organization, of course there is waste. I've already stated for you a couple of times now why I'd start with entitlement cuts, If we still need more saving we can then look a the Military.
    That's not how it works. It's not "we'll cut the shit I want to cut but fuck I won't touch the military". If you want to balance the budget, everyone needs to feel it.

Ok that being said. Another question. Trump and Republicans control Congress. Why do you think they haven't put forth meaningful cuts in spending. Specifically why haven't they cut entitlements?

@SFGbob you never answered this. I'm curious the answer.
    Actually I did, another instance where the board ate my post.

They haven't put forth meaningful cuts in spending because they don't want to take the political hit and they aren't really conservatives. People love their "free" shit and it's much easier to give people things than it is to take shit away from people.

National Defense is actually something the Federal Government has Constitutional authority to provide and really is part of the "General Welfare," grandma's hip replacement, not so much.
    So basically you are saying you prefer to vote for liars who tell you they will cut spending even tho they hand out free shit. Over people who are just up front about giving people free shit. Make sense.

Fuck People handing out free shit...that’s what he saying. There is not 1 gatdam thing free..it costs most of us
    That's the point. But you guys seem to want to vote for liars who tell you they'll cut spending but never do.
    Pretty sure Trump's platform was to increase national spending on infrastructure...so who are you talking about? The tea party GOP that didn't get elected?

I like to conflate when it's convenient and cherry pick when it's not. That's what I like to do.

Thanks for pointing out another lie. Where's the infrastructure projects? The increased deficit has nothing to do with that. Nice try tho.
    Got to love Hondo, his first claim that Trump ran on cutting spending blows up in his face and he just moves onto the next complaint about how Trump hasn't spent enough on infrastructure.
    But he told me it's another lie!
    Trump does lie and he lies often. But then again so does Hondo. Hondo can't control Trump's lies but he can control his own and yet he does it anyway.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Except there's identifiable actions by Trump and Congress to increase expenditures and reduce revenues.
    Call me when trump tops 10 trillion. Minus interest on Obunghole's expenditures of course.

If you want to minus interest. Ok, done. Now minus Medicare part D, reduction in revenues from the recession, TARP, and 2 wars from Obama. Ok sugar bear?
    Obama voted for TARP, why wouldn't he be responsible for the cost of it? I don't believe he was in the Senate when they passed Medicare part D but if he was there's no way he voted against it. And remember one of those wars was the war Obama and the Rats said they were just itching to kick ass in after Bush took his eye off the ball. So really you can minus one war.
    Well his VP and two of his Secretaries of State voted for it, so 3/4 of that is still on him.
    Do one thing for me. Ok? Admit that the last 2 years, Republicans control Congress and the presidency and turned a $600 billion deficit to more than $1 trillion. Ready to do that?
    Hondo, unlike you I'm not a Kunt. I don't have a problem answering questions and admitting obvious facts. The deficit has increased since Trump has took office, It's one of the problems I had with Trump from the very beginning. They have done nothing to address the entitlement issues that are swamping our budget.

I'm all in on cutting spending in order to bring the budget into balance and when I asked you the last time we had this discussion where you'd cut in order to balance the budget you ran away and hid.
    Look at that. You did it. And now we are having a conversation. Why only entitlements? I mean I'm fine for some entitlement reform. Don't you think we can find waste and abuse in the military too? I think the new budget is over $700 billion (off the top of my head but I'm sure I'm directionally close). Do you think we can go through the military budget and find shit we don't need to spend money on?
    Hondo, I don't dodge questions. That's your game. I'm certain that we could find some waste in the Pentagon budget. It's a fucking Government run organization, of course there is waste. I've already stated for you a couple of times now why I'd start with entitlement cuts, If we still need more saving we can then look a the Military.
    That's not how it works. It's not "we'll cut the shit I want to cut but fuck I won't touch the military". If you want to balance the budget, everyone needs to feel it.

Ok that being said. Another question. Trump and Republicans control Congress. Why do you think they haven't put forth meaningful cuts in spending. Specifically why haven't they cut entitlements?

They haven't put forth meaningful cuts in spending because they don't want to take the political hit and they aren't really conservatives. People love their "free" shit and it's much easier to give people things than it is to take shit away from people.

National Defense is actually something the Federal Government has Constitutional authority to provide and really is part of the "General Welfare," grandma's hip replacement, not so much.
    So basically you are saying you prefer to vote for liars who tell you they will cut spending even tho they hand out free shit. Over people who are just up front about giving people free shit. Make sense.
    So basically you're saying you love fucking little boys. Are you capable of addressing what people actually say Hondo or is strawman ass fucking and posting your little pictures as good as it gets with you?
    What is your obsession with straw men ass and pedophilia? I'm being serious here. You have some issues man. May I suggest counseling?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SECDAWG said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Fuck People handing out free shit...that’s what he saying. There is not 1 gatdam thing free..it costs most of us
    That's the point. But you guys seem to want to vote for liars who tell you they'll cut spending but never do.
    Pretty sure Trump's platform was to increase national spending on infrastructure...so who are you talking about? The tea party GOP that didn't get elected?

I like to conflate when it's convenient and cherry pick when it's not. That's what I like to do.

Thanks for pointing out another lie. Where's the infrastructure projects? The increased deficit has nothing to do with that. Nice try tho.
    Got to love Hondo, his first claim that Trump ran on cutting spending blows up in his face and he just moves onto the next complaint about how Trump hasn't spent enough on infrastructure.
    Trump does lie and he lies often. But then again so does Hondo. Hondo can't control Trump's lies but he can control his own and yet he does it anyway.
    What exactly did I lie about?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SECDAWG said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Google it Kunt.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SECDAWG said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Google it Kunt.
    You sound bitter and I figured you'd respond like that. Cause pointing out lies in this thread is something you can Google just as easy as you can Google Kavanaugh lies. Lol that's awesome. You sir. Are a real peach.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

I agree, lets cut spending. Where do you want to cut? Btw, how much did you complain about deficit spending when Obama was in office?
    Medicare and social security. Someone needs to commit political suicide for the good of the republic.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2018
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Fine welfare and section 8 are over. Budget balanced.
    That's like $100 billion. Where's the other $900 billion coming from?
    470 billion for welfare. We'll get the rest in taxes on fast food restaurant owners. Seems they are ruining the nations health.
    Not even close to $470 billion. Thanks for playing tho.
    Total spending on Medicaid alone is well over $500 Billion. Are you a liar or a moron Hondo? Weird how nearly every time I've seen you deal with numbers you get it wrong.

Or are you arguing the Medicaid isn't a welfare program?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

470 billion for welfare. We'll get the rest in taxes on fast food restaurant owners. Seems they are ruining the nations health.
    Total spending on Medicaid alone is well over $500 Billion. Are you a liar or a moron Hondo? Weird how nearly every time I've seen you deal with numbers you get it wrong.

Read the thread. He said food stamps and section 8 equal $470 billion. Which is a lie. We weren't talking Medicare/Medicaid or social security.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Read the thread. He said food stamps and section 8 equal $470 billion. Which is a lie. We weren't talking Medicare/Medicaid or social security.
    No he didn't. Why do you lie? He mentioned $470 for welfare, he never said that those two programs equaled $470 Billion or that those were the only two welfare programs he was willing to cut.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, transfer payments don't generate any added value, government spending on infrastructure, defense, etc. at least does add some economic value even if inefficiently. Some economists may disagree. I doubt you know who they are.

Even if it's inefficient some tims it's the only way get it done. The economic benefit of cold war R&D spending was immense. Thank you Sputnik.
    Please to see my other poasts in the tug, as stated, there are places where I think government spending is justified bc of other external factors or mitigating situations(ex. private military bad mmmkay).

Also, our debt/income ratio is mostly fine for an industrialized nation. Doubly so for one belatedly coming out of an extended recession(which I do blame Obama for extending poor economic conditions).

Third, the rest of the world is still content to pay us to take our debt as we are the only nation on earth that has consistently paid our debts(Thanks George Washington!) which is incredibly valuable and useful. We should be leveraging that real negative interest rate and invest to be light years ahead in scientific research of all kinds of fields both for public welfare and defense.

Welfare and entitlements on the other hand, generate no appreciable economic impact and may, in fact, create a drag on the economy and general public financial welfare. Nevermind the free rider, social & other moral hazards associated with governments that buy their citizens cool "free" shit.
    I have read pretty much ALL of your poasts young Doog Bot.

Did you know that defaulting on the debt is unconstitutional?

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

No he didn't. Why do you lie? He mentioned $470 for welfare, he never said that those two programs equaled $470 Billion or that those were the only two welfare programs he was willing to cut.
    I got all the screenshots I need.

photo 03242B21-D810-4A3E-BF14-5B799736E351_zpsvygxqruk.png

photo 488130B7-5B74-47C9-AADA-3C258B095118_zpsd0yfidwx.png
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    He never said that Food Stamps and Section 8 made up all of the welfare spending. You lied Hondo.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    SFGbob said:

He never said that Food Stamps and Section 8 made up all of the welfare spending. You lied Hondo.

STFU

I'm glad you hold Trump and Kavanaugh to the same standard as a random person on the internet.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

Also, transfer payments don't generate any added value, government spending on infrastructure, defense, etc. at least does add some economic value even if inefficiently. Some economists may disagree. I doubt you know who they are.

Even if it's inefficient some tims it's the only way get it done. The economic benefit of cold war R&D spending was immense. Thank you Sputnik.
    Please to see my other poasts in the tug, as stated, there are places where I think government spending is justified bc of other external factors or mitigating situations(ex. private military bad mmmkay).

Also, our debt/income ratio is mostly fine for an industrialized nation. Doubly so for one belatedly coming out of an extended recession(which I do blame Obama for extending poor economic conditions).

Third, the rest of the world is still content to pay us to take our debt as we are the only nation on earth that has consistently paid our debts(Thanks George Washington!) which is incredibly valuable and useful. We should be leveraging that real negative interest rate and invest to be light years ahead in scientific research of all kinds of fields both for public welfare and defense.

Welfare and entitlements on the other hand, generate no appreciable economic impact and may, in fact, create a drag on the economy and general public financial welfare. Nevermind the free rider, social & other moral hazards associated with governments that buy their citizens cool "free" shit.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
    [A democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.]

[The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.]
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

[A democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.]

[The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.]

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Obama care fixed that!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,733
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Work for welfare if able bodied or GTFO!

When I was in Europe I saw lots of people sweeping the streets and sidewalks. Asked about and was told they were working for their welfare.

Tired of paying for people to hang out on the porch drinking 40's for 8 + generations.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Random shit...
    HondoFS...too busy to back up any slander he makes on folks, but he's got more than enough time to screenshot dumb stuff and poast it. And flip burgers. And cash govt and Soros checks.

HondoFS...
  • Options

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Random shit...
    HondoFS...too busy to back up any slander he makes on folks, but he's got more than enough time to screenshot dumb stuff and poast it. And flip burgers. And cash govt and Soros checks.

HondoFS...
    https://www.gq.com/story/all-of-brett-kavanaughs-lies
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Brutal "lies" Kunt. Kavanaugh said that he grew up in a city plagued by gun violence referring to Washington DC, but it's a "lie" because he really grew up in Maryland. I guess people who say they grew up in Los Angeles when they really grew up in West Covina are really nothing more than dirty rotten liars.