Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

TSiO Episode #54: HONOR CODE VIOLATION!

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    So revisiting that first play against utah on the pod, I've come up with a new theory - while Petersen is prone to those sorts of shenanigans I don't think he did it just for the sake of being clever. I think he was trying to manufacture a big play and light a fire since we're a slow starting team. While the impact was exact opposite and put us in a hole I think this was an attempt to address a very specific issue. Of course it is obvious that explosive plays aren't manufactured by just calling a bubble, reverse, or bomb, but are a natural outcome of executing against weaknesses that exist in the defense.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,423

This entire episode was just a rip-off of Philadelphia. I want my money back.

U living rent free cuz. Stfu

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Mad_Son said:

So revisiting that first play against utah on the pod, I've come up with a new theory - while Petersen is prone to those sorts of shenanigans I don't think he did it just for the sake of being clever. I think he was trying to manufacture a big play and light a fire since we're a slow starting team. While the impact was exact opposite and put us in a hole I think this was an attempt to address a very specific issue. Of course it is obvious that explosive plays aren't manufactured by just calling a bubble, reverse, or bomb, but are a natural outcome of executing against weaknesses that exist in the defense.

I get it, but the reason we start slow is that we—as a program—have no swag. I'm hopeful this will change with Jake leaving.

Or maybe Jake gets so angry at us that he actually starts to have a chip on his shoulder and gets some swag.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

This entire episode was just a rip-off of Philadelphia. I want my money back.

U living rent free cuz. Stfu

It takes a minute to figure these things out and fix them. It's not microwave popcorn.

Mad_Son said:

I get it, but the reason we start slow is that we—as a program—have no swag. I'm hopeful this will change with Jake leaving.

Or maybe Jake gets so angry at us that he actually starts to have a chip on his shoulder and gets some swag.
    I agree completely. Pete doesn't want emotion, he wants robotic execution. Pete is effective Ty.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I agree completely. Pete doesn't want emotion, he wants robotic execution. Pete is effective Ty.

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,730 Founders Club

Oregon started fast.........

Premature ejaculating doesn’t win games

Fast and LOUD!

Oregon started fast.........

Premature ejaculating doesn’t win games

Start strong. Finish strong. The two are not mutually exclusive.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    I'll take finish strong

Seen too many teams blow their wad and too many winners break their hearts
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,987 Founders Club
    Nader of the program depresses me. Bring on 2019!!

I'll take finish strong

Seen too many teams blow their wad and too many winners break their hearts

Whynotboth.gif
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    * ASU gave the script to Stanford on offense; Stanford can execute it better and Shaw can be patient enough to stick with it. Plus, they'll have a size advantage at WR when they want to throw it
    * Keep the offense like ASU game; keep using TEs; I still think they should try Ahmed and Gaskin on the field at the same time; play to our? strengths
    * To borrow a line from Bart O'Kavanaugh, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I listen to the recruiting portion of the poadcast...in a good way
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    DDY, a world where we? have a chance at Bru McCoy and/or Kyle Ford is the only world I want to live in.

The last few decades have been rough on me. I deserve this kind of world.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

AEB said:

* ASU gave the script to Stanford on offense; Stanford can execute it better and Shaw can be patient enough to stick with it. Plus, they'll have a size advantage at WR when they want to throw it
    * Keep the offense like ASU game; keep using TEs; I still think they should try Ahmed and Gaskin on the field at the same time; play to our? strengths
    * To borrow a line from Bart O'Kavanaugh, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone when I listen to the recruiting portion of the poadcast...in a good way

Stanford already did this to us last year. Nothing's new with them.
    Coaches reed this sight. Reminders don't hurt.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam
    I was already having heart palpations over the possibility of Ford at WR and McCoy at OLB and now you are telling me there's a chance we might take Foskey as a LB too? And with To'To' still a possibility?

I was already having heart palpations over the possibility of Ford at WR and McCoy at OLB and now you are telling me there's a chance we might take Foskey as a LB too? And with To'To' still a possibility?

McCoy is like a 5% shot. I won't say NO SHOT because USC is stepping all over their dick and I've heard the dad is literally in love with Coach Pete... but basically no shot.

Pretty much the same shit for Ford.

Foskey is running into the same problem with us that everyone else black does: 'yeah, objectively that's a great place, but I want a place that seems welcoming to people with two black parents'

To'oto'o is a hard call. From his top 5, I'd have to think we have the best shot.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,415 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Don't die because I don't know how to record the pood.
    Don't worry, if anything our ratings will go up when the full cast is broadcasting from the spirit world. Only a matter of tim until you kill yourself after getting married to CLS.