Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Boy that DL sure looked great

Zero pressure with front 4 all fucking night, allowing all those rushing yds. Who was that criticizing pups DL assessment b4 season? That would be all of yous dumbasses

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Oregon and Stanford both SUCK.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112
    Gaines is a beast, but a supporting cast of Bowman, Levi, String, and Benning is not going to stuff the run every play when you have 5 guys in protection. All those guys played fine and for the most part stuck to their assignments, but they aren't elite.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Fuck off Pumpy before I make Franny gag on my Johnson …

The DL is full of guys that "do their job" and that's fine … there aren't game changers per se there and we all (should) know that

The edge rush isn't really there while we wait for guys like Tryon and Ngata to take the leap … again, another thing that we knew going into the year because Benning's a run stopper and Bowman just sucks … it's like recruiting matters
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam
    164 yards on 40 carries (4.1 ypc) isn't awful.

The zero pressure is a concern, but they essentially forced ASU into dink and drunk all night. They never had a pass over 9 yards downfield.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    That's what the defensive game plan was. When we play dual threat QB's it's all about "containing the QB in the pocket" instead of trying to really rush him and sack him. As far as giving up rush yards that's what happens when you play nickel a lot and only have six in the box almost the entire game. Bend but don't break. Give them the run but take away the pass.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    Tequilla said:

Fuck off Pumpy before I make Franny gag on my Johnson …

The DL is full of guys that "do their job" and that's fine … there aren't game changers per se there and we all (should) know that

The edge rush isn't really there while we wait for guys like Tryon and Ngata to take the leap … again, another thing that we knew going into the year because Benning's a run stopper and Bowman just sucks … it's like recruiting matters

And this is why BBK got 20 tackles. Everyone did their job, and everything was funneled to the MIK. ASU ran pretty much the whole game between the tackles not going horizontal. ASU was routinely in 3rd and short due to our LBs inability to be impactful at the point of contact. BBK was in the right spot mostly on time but ASU was the chick and BBK was the @backthepack
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    ASU's run game was more successful than I expected but it often looked like Gaines got push and the other DL's didn't which created seams for the ASU backs which led to a few more yards.