Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dick Baird has lost his mind.

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Unbelievable. The guy is basically giving the Huskies an excuse for losing because ucla had more to play for than UW. I simply don't understand why kjr pays this guy money.

I know it's been discussed here ad nauseum, but it's still mind boggling to me.

Hugh flirts with being "tough and honest," but then backs off. If I had to guess what's going on here, kjr doesn't want to subject itself to the wrath of woodward and others at UW. So, to keep from losing their contract with UW, kjr keeps paying baird and warning Hugh.

There is a doog mafia, and it's controlled by woodward and sark. Sickening.

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    edited November 2013
    Hugh feigned being tough until the first break.

Somebody told him to get back to the company shtick.....

My favorite Bairdism from that show was the "we won't make the decision, Woodward will. So there's no need to discuss coaching changes on the show"

Hugh comes back with the - "what if there was a QB or RB controversy? Would we talk about it on the show since the coaches make the decision?"

Doogs hate logic AND facts.

Abundance.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Isn't Dick just a senile old man? I like to think of him as a Lou Holtz with dementia.
  • beelzebubbeelzebub Member Posts: 361
    How can he lose what he never had to begin with, get that coogloser out of here
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    MisterEm said:

Hugh feigned being tough until the first break.

Somebody told him to get back to the company shtick.....

My favorite Bairdism from that show was the "we won't make the decision, Woodward will. So there's no need to discuss coaching changes on the show"

Hugh comes back with the - "what if there was a QB or RB controversy? Would we talk about it on the show since the coaches make the decision?"

Doogs hate logic AND facts.

Abundance.

They also don't call plays or cathc passes......So cancel the fucking show. It's played out anyway.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    That's pathetic if Woodward pulled a move like that to squelch dissent. No matter what we or they say, it will have little, if any, bearing on Saturday's do-or-die game for Sarkisian.

I am really starting to loathe the passive-aggressive / don't rock the boat / only kick someone to the curb when it's 110% obvious that they can't do their job at a high level.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but if Sarkisian loses on Saturday and he isn't fired by Monday evening, they should really clean house in the athletic department and get people in their who actually know what they are doing and aren't afraid to bust some heads to get the job done.

Must everyone tip-toe around and walk on egg shells in Seattle for fear of hurting someone else's feelings?

Maybe that WSJ article is right and we haven't had the killer instinct since the 90's.
  • Why do people still choose to listen to these hacks?!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited November 2013
    Does UW have to take the highest bidder for their radio contract? If so, why are the kjr idiots walking around on eggshells?
  • Does UW have to take the highest bidder for their radio contract? If so, why are the kjr idiots walking around on eggshells?

I believe their contract is up soon and if UW were to sign with 710 given that they already have the Seahawks and Mariners(ROFL) that would pretty much end KJR.

Basically KJR needs the Huskies much more than the Huskies need KJR.

Also the Seattle media is a bunch of spineless pussies.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    To be honest Dick was a good guy in the 90's, plus he grows the best tomatoes in the South Sound.

However, just as Coogs hated him for being a turncoat when he morphed into a Husky. I believe he has turned course again, now operating as a secret agent for Bill Moos. That's the only logical explanation - KJR couldn't be paying him that much